THP Marketplace Rules

Precision Pro Golf

annsguy

Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
Is there any rule of thumb for how much it costs to ship a full set of irons.

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I recently shipped a set of irons, a couple of wedges, a hybrid, driver, and putter from Ohio to Oregon UPS ground for around $45. Cost for fedex and USPS were similar.

TCB2010

#GolfNerdery
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I feel like there should be a rule if your item is on the front page, it does not need to be bumped to the top spot, it is on the front page where it can clearly be seen, top spot or not! Conversation about the item is great! "bump" just to bump though?

jvbart

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know this is probably up to buying/selling parties but wondering about payment etiquette that most people practice here. How are people paying for items and is it generally paid before or after shipping?

Looking to sell a couple items, any feedback would be appreciated!

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know this is probably up to buying/selling parties but wondering about payment etiquette that most people practice here. How are people paying for items and is it generally paid before or after shipping?

Looking to sell a couple items, any feedback would be appreciated!
A lot of guys/gals use PayPal. Generally an item should be paid for before being shipped. You are putting your trust in the seller that something is as described and in condition shown.

Chef23

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A lot of guys/gals use PayPal. Generally an item should be paid for before being shipped. You are putting your trust in the seller that something is as described and in condition shown.
I agree payment should be made before the item is shipped. In addition this is a community and I feel the people here can be trusted.

Chef23

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just shipped a set of irons and an additional set of shafts and it was only $14. They were only going two states away though. If things aren’t going too far I find USPS to be cheaper. Once you get halfway across the country I think the costs even out. I also shipped a driver today from MA to AZ and that was $20. It was much lighter but had to be in a bigger box.

jvbart

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just shipped a set of irons and an additional set of shafts and it was only $14. They were only going two states away though. If things aren’t going too far I find USPS to be cheaper. Once you get halfway across the country I think the costs even out. I also shipped a driver today from MA to AZ and that was $20. It was much lighter but had to be in a bigger box.
Any advice on where to find good boxes to ship irons in? I tried once and it was crazy expensive to package them at fed ex or usps

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Any advice on where to find good boxes to ship irons in? I tried once and it was crazy expensive to package them at fed ex or usps
If you are friendly with staff at a golf store, GG, Dicks, etc. They usually have some around and they’ll gladly give you on. Typically they put them out to recycle pretty quick so you may have to wait a few days.

Chef23

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If you are friendly with staff at a golf store, GG, Dicks, etc. They usually have some around and they’ll gladly give you on. Typically they put them out to recycle pretty quick so you may have to wait a few days.
I have always had luck going to a golf shop and asking for an old box.

tequila4kapp

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 14.9
Isn’t there a minimumpost requirement before you are allowed to sell?

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn’t there a minimumpost requirement before you are allowed to sell?
Sadly not anymore, so we ask all THPers to proceed with caution. We know some use Albatross Club sellers only, but we also implemented a feedback system. We will be working to implement that again hopefully in the future.

Horsepower

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
sorry. Wrong thread. I was reading the rules and fired too soon.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in