THP Marketplace Rules

You guys are great, I think I figured it out. I was trying to post the whole album

Bumping this part of the first post of this thread, again!

Want to bump this because we have received many Sale threads lately that HAVE NOT included pictures! As required by the rules of our marketplace:

(1) You must list a price, general product description, and an accurate description of condition.
(2) You must include "in hand" photos, and not any eBay, stock, or otherwise watermarked photos(please host your pictures at any free photo hosting site, such as Photobucket or Flicker, and use image tags please).

Post that do not meet these requirements or any other listed in the first post of this thread will be denied approval.

Crap, I just submitted one and realized I jacked the pic attachment. Can a mod get me back to the submission so I can properly attach a pic?

Crap, I just submitted one and realized I jacked the pic attachment. Can a mod get me back to the submission so I can properly attach a pic?
I closed it, sent you a PM as well. Re-submit the thread and it will be approved.

Would also be nice if selling a club, you included LH/RH in the title of the post.

The previous explain it well, but here are some pics that might help. Click on the box after where it says "IMG code". As soon as you click on the box it will say "Copied". Then go into the post you are trying to make and simply paste it in.

With the new Photobucket, this still works, but I think you have to highlight it and then copy.

photobucket1_zps8a3daeea.jpg
photobucket2_zps696a78c1.jpg

this is good example to follow when uploading photo. Attach the link from your photo hosting site so the images show and not the link.
if you upload via tapatalk, make sure they are tapatalk hosted on not forum hosted. Also make sure 'upload photos in enabled'

We really need all that sell,trade and buy to read the rules of the market place. There are certain things that need to be in place that are failing to be included. Please make sure the rules are being followed.

Thank you

Here at THP we do have a buy/sell/trade forum, Members will be allowed to view and use the Marketplace once they have been here for over 10 days and have over 25 posts. All sales in the Marketplace will be private between the buyer and seller. The marketplace at The Hackers Paradise is limited to Golf and Golf related items only!!

The Hackers Paradise website and it's staff take no responsibility for any personal sales that occur in this forum.

In order to post in this thread you must be a member in good standing(postive reputation), have at least 25 posts and have been a member for over 10 days. THP Moderators and Admins reserve the right to not allow a post in the WTB FS FT Forum, and the member will be notified via email or PM regarding any issues before a post is approved or denied.

Each sale MUST HAVE it's own thread, no attaching another sale to an open thread(unless it is a related item from the original seller).

Thread titles must start with : FS, WTB, or FT(For Sale, Want To Buy, For Trade), with the product name after for easy browsing. example: FS - Nike Sumo Driver(let's members know you are selling a Nike Sumo Driver)

Items being sold on eBay may NOT be sold on THP at the same time, one place or the other please.

Unfortunately, gift cards are NOT permitted to be sold in the THP Marketplace.

Threads may be closed or deleted at an appropriate time after a transaction is fulfilled. Email addresses and phone numbers will be removed from all ads listed.

All New threads WILL BE moderated before posting, so please be patient when posting a new thread. We will notify you via Private Message if there is a problem with your post. If for some reason after 24 hours your Thread is not available please contact us here: admin@thehackersparadise.com

In order to sell here you must meet the following requirements:
(1) You must list a price, general product description, and an accurate description of condition.
(2) You must include "in hand" photos, and not any eBay, stock, or otherwise watermarked photos(attached photos are fine but we strongly encourage users to host your pictures at any free photo hosting site, such as Photobucket or Flicker, and then use image tags).

By posting in the Marketplace you agree to the above conditions, thank you.

If you need any assistance with posting in The Marketplace feel free to contact via PM one of the mods by clicking on their names here: JB, Smallville, mcook77, ddec, tadashi70, or GolferGal

We do also encourage you to use the Marketplace Feedback forum after you have completed business in the Marketplace.

We really need all that sell,trade and buy to read the rules of the market place. There are certain things that need to be in place that are failing to be included. Please make sure the rules are being followed.

Thank you
This definitely needed a bump.

I can deal with some of the small things, but my biggest pet peeve are the ones that have attachments that need to be approved. I don't approve any posts that don't have photos that are actually in the post (like when you use Photobucket), so I open up the attachments, copy the url and put them in image tags and then approve them. If I don't have time to go through a bunch of attachments (more than a couple or three), I save it for later. I don't think it's too much to ask that you don't force people who are looking at your ad to click on a bunch of pictures to see what you are selling. Just use Photobucket, it is so easy.

When you use Photobucket, you don't need to use the forum IMG tags, they are already built-in! So now you have an "IMG" before and after each picture!

On a side rant, putting pictures in spoiler tags is totally unnecessary. There is absolutely no reason for it. It's the same as posting attachments since you are forcing people to do extra work to see what you are selling.

Once you sell your items, please make a post asking us to close the ad.

Thanks for the bump, tad!

I am bumping this thread.

Guys remember, the mods are here to help and will approve ANY ad you list as long as the item is listed properly. Failure to do so will result in the ad not being approved.

This can use a bump. There have been quite a few ads with no pictures. This is the number one reason why your post will not be approved. Please include pics!

This can use a bump. There have been quite a few ads with no pictures. This is the number one reason why your post will not be approved. Please include pics!

Is there a time frame a for how long a for sale thread can stay active without a sale? I didn't see anytime frame mentioned. I was close to giving up on selling my Tour Edge driver and hybrids, but the thread was closed without a PM or anything.

Is there a time frame a for how long a for sale thread can stay active without a sale? I didn't see anytime frame mentioned. I was close to giving up on selling my Tour Edge driver and hybrids, but the thread was closed without a PM or anything.
No, we keep them open until the OP says to close it.

Let me look to see what you are talking about. Sometimes threads (in general, not just marketplace ads) get closed accidentally.

Gentlemen I just sent an add missing a couple pieces of information. How do I correct that before it is not cleared?

As a note I posted a second thread following all the rules.

Thanks much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
I am curious is everyone knows how to post photos on the forum. I see links posted to hosting sights and I see direct post (ideal)
If you are capturing a link to a photo please capture the direct link so that the photo is viewed on the forum.

Gentlemen I just sent an add missing a couple pieces of information. How do I correct that before it is not cleared?

As a note I posted a second thread following all the rules.

Thanks much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

You can always go into
Your ad and edit.

There is no maximum amount of items allowed in one thread, right?

You don't want to overwhelm people. What's wrong with making multiple threads?

Nothing at all. But if everything is related, may as well make one thread.

the only thing I might suggest is that if it's going to be very picture heavy, maybe utilize the spoiler option so it loads better.

the only thing I might suggest is that if it's going to be very picture heavy, maybe utilize the spoiler option so it loads better.

Actually, the spoiler tag doesn't help loading time. It hides the pictures, but they are still there and it creates more code to load. I did that with a Morgan Cup video thread a couple years ago and it did nothing for load times.

If it's all related, then I would just say if you get to the point where you wonder if that's too many for one thread, then it probably is. Otherwise, put as many as you want.

How many days should pass before you "bump" your own for sale ad/thread back to the top?

That is up to the individual. All we ask is use tact.

How many days should pass before you "bump" your own for sale ad/thread back to the top?

I think everyone does this differently, but if you posted it during the evening, I don't see any issue with bumping it again the next day (or day and evening) because we do tend to have people who log in during different times of the day. Honestly though, if you bump it a couple of times, find no buyers, and don't lower prices any, continuing to bump frequently would be pretty annoying.

Back