THP Marketplace Rules

Craig Mac

Reaction score
Here at THP we do have a buy/sell/trade forum. All sales in the Marketplace will be private between the buyer and seller. The marketplace at The Hackers Paradise is limited to Golf and Golf related items only!! All items for sale on THP, must be placed in the Marketplace section of the forum.

The Hackers Paradise website and it's staff take no responsibility for any personal sales that occur in this forum.

In order to post in this FORUM you must be a member. THP Moderators and Admins reserve the right to not allow a post in the WTB FS FT Forum, and the member will be notified via email or PM regarding any issues before a post is approved or denied.

Thread titles must start use : Prefix that is built into our software. example: For Sale or WTB or For Trade

Bumping of threads is only permitted for Albatross Club Members.

Items being sold on eBay may NOT be sold on THP at the same time, one place or the other please.

Unfortunately, gift cards are
NOT permitted to be sold in the THP Marketplace.

Each listing must have an image along with a piece of paper with your forum name and date next to the equipment

Do not attach new for sale items to threads already started.

Sales are for individuals/personal items only.

Private Messages/Conversations Open Up when you reach 25 posts on the THP Forum

Only three listings can be open at a time for non-Albatross Club Members.

Threads may be closed or deleted at an appropriate time after a transaction is fulfilled. Email addresses and phone numbers will be removed from all ads listed.

All New threads WILL BE moderated before posting, so please be patient when posting a new thread. We will notify you via Private Message if there is a problem with your post. If for some reason after 24 hours your Thread is not available please contact us here: admin@thehackersparadise.com

In order to sell or trade here you must meet the following requirements:
(1) You must list a price, general product description, and an accurate description of condition.
(2) You must include a sheet of paper or napkin or something like that with your forum name and the date in at least one image to verify it's really you.
(3) You must include "in hand" photos, and not any eBay, stock, or otherwise watermarked photos(attached photos are fine but we strongly encourage users to host your pictures at any free photo hosting site, such as Photobucket or Flicker, and then use image tags).

By posting in the Marketplace you agree to the above conditions, thank you.

If you need any assistance with posting in The Marketplace feel free to contact one of our mods @JB @MWard @jdtox @GolferGal

We do also encourage you to use the Marketplace Feedback forum after you have completed business in the Marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back and highlighted the "rules" in red for people to see more easily what is required for a post to be approved.

I would estimate that we do not approve over 50% of the posts here because they do not meet the requirements. These requirements are put in place to make the sale easier for the seller and potential buyers.

In-Hand photos are the biggest requirement that if not added will definitely not get your post approved. Accurate photos will help generate more interest in what you are trying to sell as well as give the potential buyers a better understanding of the quality and condition the item is in.

These rules are here to protect everyones interest and that is the reason it is "stuck" above the threads with the title "Read This Before Posting Here". We are sorry if this has inconvienced anyone(well not really:D), but these are the conditions we have here for the marketplace.

Want to bump this because we have received many Sale threads lately that HAVE NOT included pictures! As required by the rules of our marketplace:

(1) You must list a price, general product description, and an accurate description of condition.
(2) You must include "in hand" photos, and not any eBay, stock, or otherwise watermarked photos(please host your pictures at any free photo hosting site, such as Photobucket or Flicker, and use image tags please).

Post that do not meet these requirements or any other listed in the first post of this thread will be denied approval.

How do sellers generally get paid? Do a lot of people use Paypal? I have a few shafts I'd like to sell and I want to make sure I do it the right way.

Paypal is the normal way. But that is really up to you and the buyer.

Is it not OK to just attach images to the thread? Is external hosting required?

Is it not OK to just attach images to the thread? Is external hosting required?

Im not sure where it says that. You can attach, but we strongly ask to use external hosting.

Im not sure where it says that. You can attach, but we strongly ask to use external hosting.

It doesn't say that, I just wanted to clarify what was allowed. I have been using attachments purely because it is easier. I will use exeternal hosting in the future. No biggie.

Edited original post to clarify rule regarding images:

(2) You must include "in hand" photos, and not any eBay, stock, or otherwise watermarked photos(attached photos are fine but we strongly encourage users to host your pictures at any free photo hosting site, such as Photobucket or Flicker, and then use image tags).

Each sale MUST HAVE it's own thread, no attaching another sale to an open thread(unless it is a related item from the original seller).

What is the reason behind this? It seems like allowing sellers to add new items would be preferable since it would keep the forum from getting bogged down with multiple threads but perhaps I'm missing something here? Just wondering more than anything.....

What is the reason behind this? It seems like allowing sellers to add new items would be preferable since it would keep the forum from getting bogged down with multiple threads but perhaps I'm missing something here? Just wondering more than anything.....

The reason is because THP approves every for sale thread. We have rules to eliminate problems to the best of our abilities. By having sellers add to existing threads, there is no monitoring from THP admins and mods. Something that we are not willing to subject our members to.

That makes sense. Thanks!

Just a question, but why do you guys ask so strongly for outside image hosting. Not a big issue, but I'm just wondering.

Want to bump this because we have received many Sale threads lately that HAVE NOT included pictures! As required by the rules of our marketplace:

(2) You must include "in hand" photos, and not any eBay, stock, or otherwise watermarked photos(please host your pictures at any free photo hosting site, such as Photobucket or Flicker, and use image tags please).

Post that do not meet these requirements or any other listed in the first post of this thread will be denied approval.

I thought I would bump this thread and quote this post because no pictures is one of the biggest reasons a thread gets denied. If you're going to sell or trade items on THP, please read this thread first!

Also, the first post has been updated with some new rules.

Please read this thread if you are not aware how to display your goods in the market place. Please use the image icon to upload your photos. It is easier for potential buyer to see your photos instead OG clicking on a link numerous times.

I have approved 4 threads this weekend where the photos were not posted properly. Please post photo properly with the thread. Links to the photos are not the preferred method of displaying. If you don't know, ask.

Bump..

TTing

Nice reminder thain it's important lol

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Thought this thread needed a bump.

There have been several ads posted recently that didn't have pictures, and didn't make it onto the forum. I will go ahead and copy their ad back to them in a PM so they have it when they get their pictures.

If you are wanting to sell something in the Marketplace, please read the first post of this thread.

I am asking :) I have pics in a photobucket album. I can get them to post be copying the link, but how do I get them to post where the pics are visible in the post not just the link? Dang I need to go back to school

I have approved 4 threads this weekend where the photos were not posted properly. Please post photo properly with the thread. Links to the photos are not the preferred method of displaying. If you don't know, ask.

I am asking :) I have pics in a photobucket album. I can get them to post be copying the link, but how do I get them to post where the pics are visible in the post not just the link? Dang I need to go back to school

Click the square picture looking icon above the text box when you are replying and paste the image URL into the box that opens.

Use Cookie's method or...

Copy and paste the link of each of your photos in your photobucket acct. That will save you a step here. Then just paste that into your body of the listing here.

So it will look like..

I wanna sell....
[ img ] [url]http://www.photobucket[/url].....[/img ] (without the extra spaces of course)

Thank you guys, I will try those ideas and preview to be safe before posting :)

Thank you guys, I will try those ideas and preview to be safe before posting :)

Let us know how it goes. If you have issues, shoot a private message to a forum leader (several names in this thread) and they will help you out. It will save both you and them time in the long run.

The previous explain it well, but here are some pics that might help. Click on the box after where it says "IMG code". As soon as you click on the box it will say "Copied". Then go into the post you are trying to make and simply paste it in.

With the new Photobucket, this still works, but I think you have to highlight it and then copy.

photobucket1_zps8a3daeea.jpg
photobucket2_zps696a78c1.jpg

Last edited:
Back