THP Marketplace Rules

Apparently this needs a bump. Seeing a lot of threads coming through that are not up to snuff.

I went back and highlighted the "rules" in red for people to see more easily what is required for a post to be approved.

I would estimate that we do not approve over 50% of the posts here because they do not meet the requirements. These requirements are put in place to make the sale easier for the seller and potential buyers.

In-Hand photos are the biggest requirement that if not added will definitely not get your post approved. Accurate photos will help generate more interest in what you are trying to sell as well as give the potential buyers a better understanding of the quality and condition the item is in.

These rules are here to protect everyones interest and that is the reason it is "stuck" above the threads with the title "Read This Before Posting Here". We are sorry if this has inconvienced anyone(well not really:D), but these are the conditions we have here for the marketplace.

This one needs a bump. Seems like we have quite a few ads where we have to ask for photos to be included.

Here at THP we do have a buy/sell/trade forum, Members will be allowed to view and use the Marketplace once they have been here for over 10 days and have over 25 posts. All sales in the Marketplace will be private between the buyer and seller. The marketplace at The Hackers Paradise is limited to Golf and Golf related items only!! All items for sale on THP, must be placed in the Marketplace section of the forum.

The Hackers Paradise website and it's staff take no responsibility for any personal sales that occur in this forum.

In order to post in this FORUM you must be a member in good standing, have at least 25 posts and have been a member for over 10 days. THP Moderators and Admins reserve the right to not allow a post in the WTB FS FT Forum, and the member will be notified via email or PM regarding any issues before a post is approved or denied.

Each sale MUST HAVE it's own thread, no attaching another sale to an open thread(unless it is a related item from the original seller).

Thread titles must start with : FS, WTB, or FT(For Sale, Want To Buy, For Trade), with the product name after for easy browsing. example: FS - Nike Sumo Driver(let's members know you are selling a Nike Sumo Driver)

Items being sold on eBay may NOT be sold on THP at the same time, one place or the other please.

Unfortunately, gift cards are NOT permitted to be sold in the THP Marketplace.

Threads may be closed or deleted at an appropriate time after a transaction is fulfilled. Email addresses and phone numbers will be removed from all ads listed.

All New threads WILL BE moderated before posting, so please be patient when posting a new thread. We will notify you via Private Message if there is a problem with your post. If for some reason after 24 hours your Thread is not available please contact us here: admin@thehackersparadise.com

In order to sell here you must meet the following requirements:
(1) You must list a price, general product description, and an accurate description of condition.
(2) You must include "in hand" photos, and not any eBay, stock, or otherwise watermarked photos(attached photos are fine but we strongly encourage users to host your pictures at any free photo hosting site, such as Photobucket or Flicker, and then use image tags).

By posting in the Marketplace you agree to the above conditions, thank you.

If you need any assistance with posting in The Marketplace feel free to contact via PM one of the mods by clicking on their names here: JB, Smallville, mcook77, ddec, tadashi70, or GolferGal

We do also encourage you to use the Marketplace Feedback forum after you have completed business in the Marketplace.

Just wanted to give these rules a bump. Items sold on THP cannot be listed on ebay at the same time. One or the other. Thanks

Bumping the Marketplace Rules thread to note the new rule that has been added.

Bumping of Marketplace Ads is now only available to those that are members of the Albatross Club.
This rule takes place beginning 12/1

Wanted to bump this (pun intended) so that sellers can see the new rules.

bump bump bump it up

Each sale MUST HAVE it's own thread, no attaching another sale to an open thread(unless it is a related item from the original seller).
I know you explained this in another thread, but I still read this as "Each ITEM FOR sale must have its own thread…" fwiw.

I know you explained this in another thread, but I still read this as "Each ITEM FOR sale must have its own thread…" fwiw.
But it also says "unless it is a related item from the original seller".

I get it, but it still don't make any sense. Sounds contradictory and I think a simple rewording would fix it.

"I get it" and "it doesn't make any sense" sounds contradictory to me, you should probably reword that.

All joking aside, it's pretty easy to understand.

I'm a little confused too. I'd say half the marketplace threads are multi-item sales, so where do you draw the line, and what constitutes a "related" item?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It has been changed
It said

no attaching another sale to an open thread

Thats all it was about. Taking an ad and adding to it.
But its been removed.
Now back to the major change that is taking place so people that do it constantly see that come 12/1 things might be different for them.

Bumping of Marketplace Ads is now only available to those that are members of the Albatross Club.

Just want to keep people aware of the new rules. Still plenty of time before 12/1 and they go into effect.

Just wanted to quote this as the date is quickly approaching.

JB, just to clarify - if i have an existing FS thread that's been up for a week or so, can i add items to that and change the thread title or do i need to start another thread? thanks.

You would need to start another thread.

Mods,
Just a reminder that the new rules start very soon. Thanks for all of your assistance with this.

Bump.
Bump.
Bump.

I am just getting ready, as I have my Albatross for 2016!

(Although I have never sold anything in the thread....)

I am bump eligible...haha

Just a quick reminder to the THP Mods.
12/1 is tomorrow.

Bump needed.

This needs another bump as I have come across a few of these lately. Basically unless you are addressing a specific question from an interested party, than these threads should not be posted in by the seller without an Albatross Club membership. If you need to change the price, you can edit the original post.

Last edited:
This needs another bump as I have come across a few of these lately. Basically unless you are addressing a specific question from an interested party, than these threads should not be posted in by the seller without an Albatross Club membership.. If you need to change the price, you can edit the original post.

If needed, you can delete the response post and send the poster a PM with a link to the rules.

If needed, you can delete the response post and send the poster a PM with a link to the rules.

Exactly how I have been handling them.

Perhaps a mod could lock all non AC marketplace threads?

Not that you guys don't have enough to do already keeping an eye on us rowdies...

Back