THP Marketplace Rules

Perhaps a mod could lock all non AC marketplace threads?

Not that you guys don't have enough to do already keeping an eye on us rowdies...

Haha, we want people to be able to ask questions if needed and don't want people to perceive the item as not being available for sale.

Haha, we want people to be able to ask questions if needed and don't want people to perceive the item as not being available for sale.

Well, there's that too. :dohanim:

One thing you could consider is having an option for all FS ad's to be locked by the OP. This is done at TCC and it works. All questions are private and by PM. OP can go in and edit or bump, but they must unlock and then re-lock. JAT....

what was the purpose of the rule change? #cookie was kind enough to advise of rule violation via pm. but I guess was trying to find out the reasoning since none of the other boards have such a rule.

what was the purpose of the rule change? #cookie was kind enough to advise of rule violation via pm. but I guess was trying to find out the reasoning since none of the other boards have such a rule.

Well some boards dont allow bumping at all, but to be fair, we have never really paid attention to what others do.
THP is a place for a lot of things. Some people use THP only for the classifieds and that is cool too.
The Albatross Club goes to support an amazing charity as well as keep this place around so people can use the classifieds that they enjoy this is an added perk for those that believe in helping the place stay here, along with contests, discounts, club testing, THP Events, and a whole lot more.

THP will always be 100% free. However for those that want a bit more, we offer the Albatross Club where are large amount of the proceeds go to a wonderful charity and for that they get a huge amount of benefits.

Bumping the Marketplace Rules thread to note the new rule that has been added.

Bumping of Marketplace Ads is now only available to those that are members of the Albatross Club.
This rule takes place beginning 12/1

Just bumping this for those who are not yet aware.

Maybe a stupid question but do I need to list a price if I post an item For Trade? Thanks!

Okay, I apologize in advance , I'll be the jerk and raise this. I know you folks have tons to do but have you ever considered limiting the frequency of "bumps" and possibly the number of open FS threads one person can have at one time?
I, for one, enjoy scanning the Marketplace and seeing what new has come on. I do not however enjoy (in an extreme example) seeing the same 4-5 threads by one person that have 28 or so "replies" 26 of which are daily bumps - seriously!!

I have no problem with the occasional (maybe weekly) "reminder" or legit price changes, etc. but - -
really, if u have something up for weeks on end and only "replies" are talking to yourself, it might be time to try re-pricing or closing it up and send it to eBay.

Okay, thanks for listening, in the meantime I'm off to bump my 48 hour old thread :)

We dont necessarily disagree Hop, and what we did was create something in place so only AC members have certain abilities like bumping in the marketplace.
We reevaluate each year and have some plans in place to create an even tighter experience for everybody.

Just two things:

Have been on a lot of forums and bought and sold many things on them. This Marketplace here is one of the best I have ever experienced.

Plans for improvement? Why am I not surprised......

Great job.

JM

I could be wrong, but I feel like the complaint about bumps may have been loosely directed at me since I happened to bump the 4-5 FS threads I currently have. I'm definitely not trying to annoy any one, and I think I'm operating within the rules. If not, I'm standing by to be corrected. I also agree with Johnny mojo...the mods do a great job running this marketplace!

And I agree with both of you - the mods surely do a great job, and you "hicksta" are clearly within the rules.
Was just suggesting some possible consideration of future rule changes. Hey maybe I'm the only one who feels this way and no change is necessary.
Sorry if you feel singled out - not my intent, you were just most recent example it was easy for me to cite.
cheers and GLWSales

No worries Hop, we take it all in and are always looking to improve.
Its the THP Way, take it all in, digest and figure out what changes make it better for everybody.

Bumping the Marketplace Rules thread to note the new rule that has been added.

Bumping of Marketplace Ads is now only available to those that are members of the Albatross Club.
This rule takes place beginning 12/1

Bump for new Marketplace users.

Question, is it frowned upon to respond "PM replied to" in your own listings??

Question, is it frowned upon to respond "PM replied to" in your own listings??

Its considered a bump of the thread.
It is available to Albatross Club Members, just like bumping however.

If you aren't asking a legitimate question about or making an offer for the item, please leave the bumping to the thread starter. Please leave idle banter out of the Marketplace threads. There have been a couple dozen posts deleted today, most in the same thread.

If your post disappears from a Marketplace ad, this is probably why.

Quick reminder to everyone to please keep the banter out of the marketplace threads please.

I have a quick question, do the threads that get locked get removed cause all the locked threads just hold back other unlocked threads from making the first page.

Suggestion, if they don't get removed, it would be nice to have them placed or reshuffled to the back of market place forum.

No sir, they do not get removed. They fade rather quickly however. For those that would like the ability to bump their ads ahead, THP offers the Albatross Club that benefits animal shelters around the country. Of course it comes with many other benefits as well including contests, testing, THP Events, etc.

No sir, they do not get removed. They fade rather quickly however. For those that would like the ability to bump their ads ahead, THP offers the Albatross Club that benefits animal shelters around the country. Of course it comes with many other benefits as well including contests, testing, THP Events, etc.

Is the Albatross club a yearly donation?

I have another question, is it possible to get a notification when someone quotes you in any topic?

THP Marketplace Rules

Is the Albatross club a yearly donation?

I have another question, is it possible to get a notification when someone quotes you in any topic?

Yes it is. It runs January through December and is filled with items such as The Grandaddy of em all, the once in a lifetime all expenses paid trip of a life time. The benefits are all listed in that thread in the first post.

No, as of right now, it is not.

Yes it is. It runs January through December and is filled with items such as The Grandaddy of em all, the once in a lifetime all expenses paid trip of a life time. The benefits are all listed in that thread in the first post.

No, as of right now, it is not.

Sounds good. I heard from someone about their incredible experience from The Grandaddy of the all. I have no luck when it comes to winning things like that. I don't even win at bingo which is completely random.

Can't win what you don't enter.
Heck you are in Texas which has access to the free monthly UST shaft spectacular. Completely free and 2 people get full fitting, all new shafts, and even clubs.

And people that signup have about a 10% chance of being picked. Pretty good odds for something that is free for AC members.

Back