THP Marketplace Rules

Is there any rule of thumb for how much it costs to ship a full set of irons.

I recently shipped a set of irons, a couple of wedges, a hybrid, driver, and putter from Ohio to Oregon UPS ground for around $45. Cost for fedex and USPS were similar.

I feel like there should be a rule if your item is on the front page, it does not need to be bumped to the top spot, it is on the front page where it can clearly be seen, top spot or not! Conversation about the item is great! "bump" just to bump though?

I know this is probably up to buying/selling parties but wondering about payment etiquette that most people practice here. How are people paying for items and is it generally paid before or after shipping?

Looking to sell a couple items, any feedback would be appreciated!

I know this is probably up to buying/selling parties but wondering about payment etiquette that most people practice here. How are people paying for items and is it generally paid before or after shipping?

Looking to sell a couple items, any feedback would be appreciated!
A lot of guys/gals use PayPal. Generally an item should be paid for before being shipped. You are putting your trust in the seller that something is as described and in condition shown.

A lot of guys/gals use PayPal. Generally an item should be paid for before being shipped. You are putting your trust in the seller that something is as described and in condition shown.

I agree payment should be made before the item is shipped. In addition this is a community and I feel the people here can be trusted.

I just shipped a set of irons and an additional set of shafts and it was only $14. They were only going two states away though. If things aren’t going too far I find USPS to be cheaper. Once you get halfway across the country I think the costs even out. I also shipped a driver today from MA to AZ and that was $20. It was much lighter but had to be in a bigger box.

I just shipped a set of irons and an additional set of shafts and it was only $14. They were only going two states away though. If things aren’t going too far I find USPS to be cheaper. Once you get halfway across the country I think the costs even out. I also shipped a driver today from MA to AZ and that was $20. It was much lighter but had to be in a bigger box.
Any advice on where to find good boxes to ship irons in? I tried once and it was crazy expensive to package them at fed ex or usps

Any advice on where to find good boxes to ship irons in? I tried once and it was crazy expensive to package them at fed ex or usps

If you are friendly with staff at a golf store, GG, Dicks, etc. They usually have some around and they’ll gladly give you on. Typically they put them out to recycle pretty quick so you may have to wait a few days.

If you are friendly with staff at a golf store, GG, Dicks, etc. They usually have some around and they’ll gladly give you on. Typically they put them out to recycle pretty quick so you may have to wait a few days.

I have always had luck going to a golf shop and asking for an old box.

Isn’t there a minimumpost requirement before you are allowed to sell?

Isn’t there a minimumpost requirement before you are allowed to sell?

Sadly not anymore, so we ask all THPers to proceed with caution. We know some use Albatross Club sellers only, but we also implemented a feedback system. We will be working to implement that again hopefully in the future.

Hello - May I have more than one listing posted? Please advise and stay safe

lots of old BST threads are being bumped in regards to asking if something is still available.
if your item sells or not due to closing and taking it somewhere else, please edit your thread!

lots of old BST threads are being bumped in regards to asking if something is still available.
if your item sells or not due to closing and taking it somewhere else, please edit your thread!
Hello - Yes I have done so as soon as it sells. Thank you and stay safe

We used to be able to change the topic header on a BST thread, we can't anymore?

How do you get the Blue For Sale tag in the thread title? TIA. (y)

How do you get the Blue For Sale tag in the thread title? TIA. (y)
When creating the thread select the for sale prefix. Also I fixed it for you

When creating the thread select the for sale prefix
Guess I'm blind in one eye and can't see out of the other eye. I don't see the For Sale prefix. :confused:

Here it is in photos. Unless you are using tapatalk, which we do not advise since our software upgrade and the browser has so many more features.

2509184B-DD6B-4F1C-A7C7-7B850BFECEC7.jpeg

C6103AB0-8F1A-4EDB-BD59-FA2D37C442FC.jpeg

JB, got it. Thanks. :twist:

how do threads get locked / closed? I know the "new" website update was a long time ago now but we were able to close our own threads. I could be missing it but I dont see where I can lock all my own posts

Back