Welcome to THP!! Did you get the standard Mavrik?

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

How do you like the UHX's? With someone hitting in the 80s, my impression of those is that they are for people like me who just started and can't break 100 yet. They are one of the sets I'm looking into to help with hits.
If you're looking at the UHX irons, take a peek at the Mavrik irons too... they're forgiving

Welcome to THP!!!!

How do you like the UHX's? With someone hitting in the 80s, my impression of those is that they are for people like me who just started and can't break 100 yet. They are one of the sets I'm looking into to help with hits.

I just got them in the other day and with some bad weather haven't had the chance to break them in. I'll definitely give an update once I can. I hit the 7 iron for a pretty good time at Golf Galaxy before I bought and it felt great then, but cant wait to try them out outside.

:welcome:

@Daluteh was able to sneak away for a short range session with the UHX irons. First impressions...these things are rocket launchers. They are very easy to hit and come with pretty effortless distance. My first few swings were pretty bad (a little too excited for new clubs I think) but once I settled down and fixed my tempo I was hitting these pretty far. For context my previous clubs were Cleveland CG4 Tour irons, so the UHX are definitely a stronger lofted set as well. Added about a clubs worth of distance (7i went from 150yd total distance to about 160yds). The only club I was a little short on was the 5i. Not sure what was going on with that one yesterday, think I just need a little more time with the set getting comfortable. I'll probably do a longer review after a few more range sessions and a few rounds since it's a little harder to find reviews on the UHX in general. Hope this helps!

That's great to hear. Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you're enjoying them.

welcome

@badolds I did get the standard. It is set at 10.5 degrees (standard) and in the draw setting. Definitely seeing some solid distance gains and forgiving as well!
I really enjoyed my time with the standard Mavrik. Such great feel and bombs when hit in the center of the face. Thanks again for joining THP and I will see you around the forum.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP

Cool! Im a new member from Texas too! I'm in the San Antonio area, about a 14 handicap myself. Looking forward to stepping up my game, hopefully get some tips from all the experienced players on this site.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard!

Back