THP Nor-Cal Crew @ Diablo Grande 11-2-14

syndicate559

Sweet Trajectory
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.6
Moving this topic into a thread of its own. The THP Nor-Cal Crew will be meeting up once again. This time, we're hitting Diablo Grande in Patterson, CA on 11-2-14. We currently have 3 tee times (10:10, 10:20, 10:30) that morning. This thread will serve as an invitation for any and all to join us, as well as a place for us to post up pictures after the round. Please RSVP in this thread as well.

Current event roster:

syndicate559
ehowdy
Brianbigoats
mancest
Aoxomxoa
Duffertoo
chicogolf
TheHeez

I know there are a few more who are "probable." Please let me/us know as soon as possible, as I'll have to give the course a more solid head count later this week. Thanks, everybody. Looking forward to this one as the course and weather should both be perfect!!!

Last edited:
diablo-grande-ranch-course.jpg

diablogclubhouse.jpg

DiabloGrandeGolf1.jpg

Holy crap that course is sick! I need to get out west and play!

Yeah it's tough living here. Having to play courses like this all year long...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Sadly, Diablo Grande is supposed 2 have 2 courses, but with the extreme drought we are currently experiencing 1 has been shut down for play, and only the greens are being kept alive on that course.

The weather has been fantastic for golfers lately, but we need some precipitation this winter.

Enough doom and gloom, I am looking forward to playing and seeing everybody again!

I'm in...probably best if I have one of the later tee times, as I'm traveling 3hrs...

thanks, Eddie!

I can't complain much living in Florida but I can certainly be jealous !

If you ever make it out to the Left coast let us know, I'm sure that we could set up a round.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Looking forward to following along guys. Have a great time out there.

8… DAYS… AWAAAY!!!!! I played the other course (the one they stopped irrigating), but not this one. Going to be a good week, 4 rounds I'm thinking!

Well, add me to the list. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. That course looks fantastic!

just asked the wife:) add me to the list

First post updated with the new commitments. I'll just keep editing that one as we add names to the list.

Holy crap that course is sick! I need to get out west and play!

If you ever end up in the central or northern part of the Golden State, I guarantee you we can find some THPers to play with.

The weather has been fantastic for golfers lately, but we need some precipitation this winter.

TRUE THAT! Honestly, I'm actually going to be stoked if we have weekends get rained out this winter/spring. I usually complain when that happens, but I'll give up as many Saturdays as it wants to rain. We need it SO BAD.

In honor of this I need a new driver

Has anybody looked to see how walkable this is? I'll be able to check it out later tonight. I know a few of us are hard-core walker crazies.

Has anybody looked to see how walkable this is? I'll be able to check it out later tonight. I know a few of us are hard-core walker crazies.
I think it is possible but you do not go back to the club house at the turn and there are some rolling hills

Having played this course before, I don't know if they will even allow you to walk. There is some treks in-between green and tee on a few holes, and there is some elevation changes and lots of areas you do not want to walk through because there can be snakes....

looking at the website, all rates include carts.

http://www.diablogrande.com/index.php/golf/rates_hours/

I get down that way once in awhile and have wanted to play Diablo Grande. Hope you guys have a great time. Maybe my next trip I can do just that.

I would if I could, my buddie who lived in Fresno for a few years said that place is awesome. Anyway, it's playoff time in my hoop rec league and game days are Sundays. Maybe next time!!

Haha so true Brian

Back