THP NOR CAL CREW @ Poppy Ridge

syndicate559

Sweet Trajectory
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.6
The Nor Cal boys had another outing today at Poppy Ridge in Livermore. We were 12 strong and hope to keep growing with each event.
udygu8am.jpg

Poppy Ridge in Livermore is the NCGA's home course along with Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach

Captions for pics below, from top to bottom:

1. Group pic. From left to right, golfred, DufferToo, chicogolf, Aoxomxoa, mancest, ehowdy, Brianbigoats, RadRob, syndicate559

2. Aoxomxoa, chicogolf, mancest, ehowdy and Brianbigoats debriefing after the 18th hole

3. ehowdy going big off the tee

4. Brianbigoats just hitting another bomb

5. DufferToo, Aoxomxoa, chicogolf and golfred ahead of our group on the green

6. Bigoats trying to decide if he's gonna drive the green or not

6e4unyme.jpg
ny7y9aga.jpg
zamedu7a.jpg
2ezyne7e.jpg
ema4ugyp.jpg
be3amupu.jpg

Beautiful course, beautiful weather and great company. Looking forward to doing it again soon, gents!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Was a great time today! Perfect weather, the greens had been punched and sanded, but were still in pretty good shape.

Can't wait for the next one, thanks for setting everything up Syndicate!

Thanks Eddie for organizing this great day

Remember Eddie that Bomb was a 3W

Wish i could have been there. Looks like an awesome day.

I'm so glad to see the THP Nor Cal crew taking off. So bummed I didn't get a chance to partake while I lived up there. Once I get a little vacation equity at the new job, I'll definitely be taking a trip to join you!

Man I wish I could have gone. Have always wanted to play the course but have never taken the time. Was there much wind? I played Wente one time, and the wind blew so hard it just wasn't any fun. Glad you guys had a great time. I hope to make the next one.

Thanks syndicate 559 for putting together a great outing at Poppy Ridge it is a lot of work to organizing these outings and very appreciated. Red

Man I wish I could have gone. Have always wanted to play the course but have never taken the time. Was there much wind? I played Wente one time, and the wind blew so hard it just wasn't any fun. Glad you guys had a great time. I hope to make the next one.

It was definitely breezy. I'd guess 10-15 mph most of the day. There were a couple of holes where the wind was definitely knocking shots down shorter than we expected, but it wasn't so bad that shots were getting blown out of play or anything. Actually, as warm as it was, the breeze kept the temps very comfortable. Definitely hope you can catch the next one and we'll have to hook up for a round at Ridge Creek soon.

Looks like a great day with good people...a classic THP experience. Great job guys, well done.

Loved the day, the drive home flew by. Eddie, great job in putting this together, just had an awesome time.

Hmm, everyone in that group shot seems to be looking at the camera awfully intently. Wonder if it had anything to do with the photographer I found...
Poppy Ridge is definitely a fun course. The company was great and I'm looking forward to our next round.
Thanks again Eddie for setting this up.

D_in_LA,
Definitely looking forward to teeing it up with you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hmm, everyone in that group shot seems to be looking at the camera awfully intently. Wonder if it had anything to do with the photographer I found...
Poppy Ridge is definitely a fun course. The company was great and I'm looking forward to our next round.
Thanks again Eddie for setting this up.

D_in_LA,
Definitely looking forward to teeing it up with you.

Very nice Choice of photographer

Thanks for the pictures, looks like it was a great day out.

Lookin' good, what a gorgeous place to play and gather!

I'm so glad to see the THP Nor Cal crew taking off. So bummed I didn't get a chance to partake while I lived up there. Once I get a little vacation equity at the new job, I'll definitely be taking a trip to join you!

Funny you mentioned this, Duffertoo said the first Nor Cal outing was 2 THPers, next was 6, yesterday was 12. Next one should be around 20! Or maybe not, but there should be, because it was a great time.

Lookin' good, what a gorgeous place to play and gather!
Poppy Ridge is a great place it is one of the two course owned by the local association NCGA the other being Poppy Hills

Thanks for all the organizing, syndicate. Your efforts are appreciated.

Funny: played my best round since returning back to golf last fall. That's even with a 'how not to perform the pitch shot' clinic on a couple of holes.

Maybe playing with thp folks was the ticket....

Last edited:
Thanks for all the organizing, syndicate. Your efforts are appreciated.

Funny: played my best round since returning back to golf last fall. That's even with putting in a 'how not to perform the pitch shot' clinic on a couple of holes.

Maybe playing with thp folks was the ticket....

Sheesh, you crushed the ball Matt, with style.

Gentlemen,
I had a great time--the weather couldn't have been better, and the scenery was pretty nice too (blondes and brunettes...). Eddie, thanks for setting all this up. By my math we're gonna have 24 at the next event!

Gentlemen,
I had a great time--the weather couldn't have been better, and the scenery was pretty nice too (blondes and brunettes...). Eddie, thanks for setting all this up. By my math we're gonna have 24 at the next event!

Yes, and I guess we'll see you for your third post the day after the next one as well.

Nice pictures, makes me miss the area. I practiced there 5+ times a month when I lived in Pleasanton. Great range and a very nice course

Nice pictures, makes me miss the area. I practiced there 5+ times a month when I lived in Pleasanton. Great range and a very nice course

for sure, it's really a nice facility.

for sure, it's really a nice facility.

It's definitely a fun course. I wouldn't mind seeing it be part of our rotation. Especially, since there are 3 different combinations so no one would be bored.

Back