THP Outing Suggestions

Re: THP Outing Suggestions

JB said:
That is still a thought TC, if costs got too high. We are still talking to two courses in Sarasota that are gorgeous that could work with us. At the same time, people could stay at a nice resort in Sarasota if they wanted and we are close to the beach.
If one is Sarasota National, tell them 'Fore Right!' guy won't be there so you get a better rate and don't need to take an insurance policy out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think it's the smartest option for everyone involved. it's easy for us to help you guys get all that wonderful equipment to the range. if some want to do the resort/family thing they can, if others want to have the 2010 fall best western open then they can. plus, let's be honest, i would assume that you have some good relationships already established around that area.

and i can see ellie again!

I vote for this option and sounds like it would be less stressful for all involved. Let's have some fun and play some golf at the same location you guys had it last time!

If one is Sarasota National, tell them 'Fore Right!' guy won't be there so you get a better rate and don't need to take an insurance policy out

You better be here.

are you being serious? i would hope that you would come back and christen another rental car.

So is there anything planned for-sure yet? I was too lazy to read the whole thread and was wondering if there was a chance that my dad (gjarrett90) and I could make the weekend. And is there any kind of rule that says I can't come out there because in October I will be 13 (i'm serious about my game and don't really act wild or anything)?

Youre going. If you dont go I'll have to keep my avatar up even longer...

So is there anything planned for-sure yet? I was too lazy to read the whole thread and was wondering if there was a chance that my dad (gjarrett90) and I could make the weekend. And is there any kind of rule that says I can't come out there because in October I will be 13 (i'm serious about my game and don't really act wild or anything)?

Johnday -- You would have not made the Southeastern outing :eek:)..... Acting wild was part of the requirement for getting in. Bama was the wildest of the bunch :D

Hahaha my dad probably would have fit in!:D I'm wild around my friends or at a party or something but not on the course.

Youre going. If you dont go I'll have to keep my avatar up even longer...

oohhhhhhhh yuck! What's that stuff on the side of your car door Kevin?

With a parent we would have no problem with juniors being out there and would look forward to it.

oohhhhhhhh yuck! What's that stuff on the side of your car door Kevin?

hahahaha that would be the rental car and thanks1974's new paint job he did on it.

O.K. Thanks! Any idea when and where it will be yet?

I like the fact we can help you out with all the equipment which otherwise would require some extensive transportation issues to Orlando. However, the Orlando locale is fantastic for families, but I am sure the resorts in Sarasota are just as inviting. I would love Orlando, but for the equipment issue. However, what about Orange County National for courses if they had not been considered yet. THey have two great courses and driving ranges and I think hotels are fairly close by. Regardless, I will be wherever it is held.

By the way, how much new/additional equipment will have been released by the companies by October?

As far Im concerned, it will just be me coming so it doesn't matter where its held. I'm good with whatever the majority want to do.

O.K. Thanks! Any idea when and where it will be yet?

Stay tuned to the 1st post in this thread for everything up to date.

I like the fact we can help you out with all the equipment which otherwise would require some extensive transportation issues to Orlando. However, the Orlando locale is fantastic for families, but I am sure the resorts in Sarasota are just as inviting. I would love Orlando, but for the equipment issue. However, what about Orange County National for courses if they had not been considered yet. THey have two great courses and driving ranges and I think hotels are fairly close by. Regardless, I will be wherever it is held.

By the way, how much new/additional equipment will have been released by the companies by October?

I think you will see LOTS of new equipment by then. LOTS! hehe.

JB, to answer your latest questions from my perspective it does not really matter. I am going to this no matter what. If it is a t resort where all is included but costs a little more, well I will start saving my pennies today. If it is in the style of the last one .. fine also ... I might stay a little longer, like come in Thursday leave Monday or Tuesday depending on the deal I can get via airlines. Just tell me when and where and I am booking the trip!!!

Re: THP Outing Suggestions

Lookin pretty good just checked the updates. Hoping its not the sunday where cardinals play the saints lol. Andrea's cousin plays forthe saints and is coming into town. Cant miss it. Looks awesome so far though

For me it really doesn't matter either way. The stay and Play idea is great, but it will likely just be me, and not my wife going. Getting a hotel and rental car seems to be the cheapest way to go about it.
As other have said, the price will be the determining factor for me of course. I'd be flying in on the Friday and out on the Monday, so getting everything (not flight, or food, or rental car) for about $400 would be ideal. 3 nights hotel and 2 rounds of golf for $400 should be doable right?

Hmmm would that make you Barf Vader?? lol

I'll be there....forgot to put 'lol' after my post. There will not be a 'Rental Car II- The Car Strikes Back' though.

I'll be there....forgot to put 'lol' after my post. There will not be a 'Rental Car II- The Car Strikes Back' though.

That's what she said...

Puke Skywalker

The BF and I plan on going, but it will most likely just be me for the events. So we/I can get a cheapy hotel and can get a rental car. Or I can room with someone since the BF can always stay with his mom, but there's no room for me *cough cough*. We'll probably be there more than just the weekend, since it really wouldn't be worth it just to fly east for 2 days when it takes about a day to get there and a day to get back. We can make a little trip out of it. We'd like to keep the prices low as possible since our airfare will be just as much and our luggage since we'll have to be shipping our clubs :) And also have to factor in the cost of golfing as well...yikes!! This can/seems like it'll be a pricey trip...

Back