THP Outing Suggestions

The price of everything, including airfare, costs for golf and other costs will determine the either yay or nay for me!! The dates are fine! We'll probably go a Thursday-Tuesday deal :)

So it seems that most would prefer:
Costs low
Beach Enviroment
Good golf courses
No stay to play
Near an airport

We perhaps could do Sarasota again and lineup with 2 different courses that are truly spectacular.

The price of everything, including airfare, costs for golf and other costs will determine the either yay or nay for me!! The dates are fine! We'll probably go a Thursday-Tuesday deal :)

Hopefully we'll get a date soon so you can look at fares on Southwest. From LAX they fly to Orlando, Tampa, and West Palm. Sign up for their Ding! fares so you can get some early deals. I signed up for it when I booked my flight out there and I've been getting deals everyday. With 2 free bag check-ins you can't beat them.

Costs low
Beach Enviroment
Good golf courses
No stay to play
Near an airport

We perhaps could do Sarasota again and lineup with 2 different courses that are truly spectacular.

That sounds like a great plan proposal! I want to play Sarasota again. I could take or leave the beach personally, but I am just one man.

Hopefully we'll get a date soon so you can look at fares on Southwest. From LAX they fly to Orlando, Tampa, and West Palm. Sign up for their Ding! fares so you can get some early deals. I signed up for it when I booked my flight out there and I've been getting deals everyday. With 2 free bag check-ins you can't beat them.

Awesome!! That's right, Southwest still doesn't charge fees, YAY!! Will look into this asap as dates become more concrete :good:

I don't see how you couldn't not do it in Sarasota again. Easier for you to transport all the equipment, airport is close by, many different hotels within 15 mins of you, awesome golf courses close to THP (I'd play Sarasota national again in a heartbeat), relatively inexpensive area (except for OEM when you factor in equipment costs), etc.

'If you schedule it, they will come'

Costs low
Beach Enviroment
Good golf courses
No stay to play
Near an airport

That sounds like a great plan proposal! I want to play Sarasota again. I could take or leave the beach personally, but I am just one man.

I can leave the beach as well, we have them here :tongue:

I don't see how you couldn't not do it in Sarasota again. Easier for you to transport all the equipment, airport is close by, many different hotels within 15 mins of you, awesome golf courses close to THP (I'd play Sarasota national again in a heartbeat), relatively inexpensive area (except for OEM when you factor in equipment costs), etc.

'If you schedule it, they will come'

Will you be coming again?

Lifes a Beach, I am coming to get away and play golf!

yes, unless something comes up which I don't foresee right now. besides, who will man the grill and drink all your alcohol if I don't? :banana:

Will you be coming again?

Cost is by far the biggest issue for me. I plan on coming, however the wife may not depending on costs. Coming from Edmonton is a long way to go, so obviously the cheaper this is the better. Otherwise, I'm fairly flexible. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some golf in. Location does not really matter to me. Bigger centers would be better for me airport wise, however this can be worked around. I like the idea of stay and play as it would practically nullify the need for getting a rental car and would save some cash there, however it probably would be made up by the higher cost of a resort. Like I said before, the cheaper things are the better.

I do like the idea of having it down in the Sarasota area just so things would be easier for JB and GG. So much effort is required to pull this off, so I have no problem with keeping it local for them to make it easier. From what I've heard about the last outing, everyone had a blast with the previous setup and I would have no problem with keeping at Sarasota. I would be more than happy to help out with moving equipment back and forth and what ever else that would need to be done to make things easier for JB, GG and everybody else. As I said earlier, I am looking forward to meeting everyone, playing golf and having a great time. I'm not a big beach guy, and the Mrs. isn't huge on spas, and we don't have any kids.

Sorry for rambling on a bit here, I'm just really looking forward to this!! I haven't taken a holiday in a year and a half and this is just up my alley. Whatever the final decision is in the end will be good with me. Looking forward to more info guys!!

seems like cost keeps popping up in most posts, I know its the main issue for me as well...

I think that there would be enough people driving down that people may not have to rent a car. If I can make the trip and I drive down, I would happily pick someone up from the airport to save them the cost of a rental car. Everyone except for Thanks, I dont want throwup on the side of my car. haha, I am kidding, I would even pick Thanks up.

bring a couple of these just to be safe shanks!

barfbag.jpg

Costs low
Beach Enviroment
Good golf courses
No stay to play
Near an airport

I agree. No need for you guys to find all the accommodations for people. Plus this way it is cheaper for you guys, and others that live in FL can participate.

I am there to golf - beach is not needed at all. Flying into Sarasota seems to be a lot more expensive for me, so I'll likely fly into Tampa. (if I end up coming, which I am trying like heck to make a reality)

I think that there would be enough people driving down that people may not have to rent a car. If I can make the trip and I drive down, I would happily pick someone up from the airport to save them the cost of a rental car. Everyone except for Thanks, I dont want throwup on the side of my car. haha, I am kidding, I would even pick Thanks up.

Great, you can pick me up :)

Costs low
Beach Enviroment
Good golf courses
No stay to play
Near an airport

Sounds good to me JB! Beach is not overly important to me.

Due to previous experience I will probably drive a different car this time and since it's yellow, thanks will be welcome in my car so I'll offer my shuttle service as well.

just make sure you take care of the tires this time spank!

just make sure you take care of the tires this time spank!

I'll have to since it's an suv. The tires are bigger and I can't handle bigger tires. :D

:laughing: way to know your limits big boy!

I'll have to since it's an suv. The tires are bigger and I can't handle bigger tires. :D

Have you ever blown an SUV tired?? Dont knock it till you try it!

:laughing: way to know your limits big boy!

I'm hoping I-75 will be nicer to me this time around. At least there'll be more space to truck stuff.

Have you ever blown an SUV tired?? Dont knock it till you try it!

Sounds like you talk from experience... BTW, Good Morning Sunshine!

Back