THP Outing Suggestions

You are correct about the costs Seth. Sept/October is prime season here so hotel costs are higher and the golf prices are much higher so the $45 and $31 you guys had last time won't be in effect instead it will be more like $85.

You are correct about the costs Seth. Sept/October is prime season here so hotel costs are higher and the golf prices are much higher so the $45 and $31 you guys had last time won't be in effect instead it will be more like $85.

so, in reality, the resort may be, in fact, cheaper?

If this happens at a resort are we still doing the Demo Day type thing?

so, in reality, the resort may be, in fact, cheaper?

It's possible. We really are doing everything we can to make this better than the last one and as affordable as possible. I know that some may want to bunk 4 or 5 to a room to save money there and that cannot happen at the resort so for some who wanted to do that it might be more expensive. But the cost including some meals, golf, range use, etc...it's pretty damn close and you will get a lot more for your money.

If this happens at a resort are we still doing the Demo Day type thing?

Of course, we will have demo day's just like last time except maybe a little more organized so everyone has a chance to hit everything.

What am I thinking, this is THP!!!! Hopefully this works with the schedule and the kids this time.

The coolest thing about this outing, golf wise, is that you don't have to impress. Whatever you best is that day is good enough and nobody is judging.

Edit: I honestly think that, in the end, the cost will be about the same for option 1 or option 2. Whatever is easiest on our hosts is the option that I think we should take. We will have fun no matter where we are at. Plus, some of us won't even be able to remember parts of it (cough Thanks cough).

I agree, speaking only for myself here, I have decided that I am going to this outing no matter what the cost, and I realize that in these tough times I might be in the minority with this thinking. I do understand and respect others out there have obligations that I do not have (wife, family, mortgage etc.) and their decision will be made more on the end cost to them for this trip. I have seen it said more than once that when all is said and done the two options will come out just about the same ( maybe not down to the penny but close enough). Because of that, I think that whatever is best for JB and GG should also strongly be considered. Yes I am sure it was or would be nice to hang out at their home and cook and get to know each other. The same thing can realistically be done anywhere. Yea it will be great to have someone redecorate a rental car but the same can be done to the interior of a hotel room (interior decorators make wonderful money :D ) Those of us that are regulars here and who are considering going to this outing realize or should realize the time and effort and $$$$$ that JB and GG pour into THP. I know alot of us dontate to help offset the costs but there are still very high costs. This outing is going to be a blast no matter where it takes place becase of the people who will be there and of course the two people "hosting" this outing. Al i am saying (with alot of words) is consideration for JB and GG should also go into deciding where we go.

Just read through some of the details looks awesome. As long as schedule permits I should be able to hit this up. If it does hopefully someone needs a roomate!

We will be announcing something officially shortly. Stay tuned.

oh boy! Crossing my fingers for the right date

Good Stuff. Just found out today that the flight prices for me are less than $500! WOOO Looking good for me!

The coolest thing about this outing, golf wise, is that you don't have to impress. Whatever you best is that day is good enough and nobody is judging.

Oh, don't worry about me. I show up to have fun, not qualify for the tour. In the words of Popeye: "I yam what I yam"

Back