THP Radio - What's For Dinner Contest Show

sorry to interupt the R9 tpc contest thread. at any rate, who wants to share their recipe entries?

Here's mine:

Nanna's breakfast casserole:

12 slices of bread (cubed)
1lb of Jimmy Dean Sausage or 1 pack of bacon
12 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 tsp of dry mustard
16 oz of shredded cheese (i recommend cheddar)
salt & pepper

Cooking instructions:

Spray a 9 X 13'' pan with non stick spray
brown sausage or fry bacon, which ever one you prefer. if you use bacon, place cooked bacon in a ziplock back and crush it.
place cubed bread in bottom of pan
spread sausage or crushed bacon over bread evenly
beat eggs, milk and tsp of dry mustard
pour over sausage/bacon and cubed bread
top with shredded cheese
put in fridge to let it rest overnight
bake for 45 minutes in oven at 350*

i always pour a little maple syrup on top of mine but you don't have to.

Gotta love the breakfast casserole. Erica makes it and we actually eat if for dinners sometimes.

You made me laugh with the syrup comment. I don't know if you watch the Simpsons, but there is episode about Lisa becoming a vegetarian.

Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?

Marge: Dear, please pass your father the syrup, Lisa.

Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.

Bart: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup homeboy?

Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.

Gotta love the breakfast casserole. Erica makes it and we actually eat if for dinners sometimes.

You made me laugh with the syrup comment. I don't know if you watch the Simpsons, but there is episode about Lisa becoming a vegetarian.

Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?

Marge: Dear, please pass your father the syrup, Lisa.

Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.

Bart: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup homeboy?

Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.

Classic Episode!

Back