THP Radio - What's For Dinner Contest Show

I can't wait to hear the recipes you two picked to try :wink: Fun!! Fun!!

Finally got a chance to listen to the show, great stuff guys!

I'm finally listening to this show after being on the road for over two weeks. After seeing and hearing you two at the Florida Outing festivities, you guys definitely don't need a script for these shows because this is EXACTLY how you are together. Freakin' hilarious!

I'm finally listening to this show after being on the road for over two weeks. After seeing and hearing you two at the Florida Outing festivities, you guys definitely don't need a script for these shows because this is EXACTLY how you are together. Freakin' hilarious!

so true smalls, so true!! ain't they cute though?

so true smalls, so true!! ain't they cute though?

Heck yeah. Listening to them banter back and forth this past weekend was like seeing a live version of In The Rough.

There is one hour left to enter this contest.

+1 lol

I am so excited to hear the first batch of "winners" today... I think I am going to have a couple additions to my cook book! (Hopefully only four though!)

Anybody else have footnotes in their recipes?

We are working to get the radio show edited and up later tonight. It was a fun show and we announce the finalists.

Looking forward to it.

Damn, thought I had till the end of the day to get this one in. Guess mine was late as well. :confused2:

sorry to interupt the R9 tpc contest thread. at any rate, who wants to share their recipe entries?

Here's mine:

Nanna's breakfast casserole:

12 slices of bread (cubed)
1lb of Jimmy Dean Sausage or 1 pack of bacon
12 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 tsp of dry mustard
16 oz of shredded cheese (i recommend cheddar)
salt & pepper

Cooking instructions:

Spray a 9 X 13'' pan with non stick spray
brown sausage or fry bacon, which ever one you prefer. if you use bacon, place cooked bacon in a ziplock back and crush it.
place cubed bread in bottom of pan
spread sausage or crushed bacon over bread evenly
beat eggs, milk and tsp of dry mustard
pour over sausage/bacon and cubed bread
top with shredded cheese
put in fridge to let it rest overnight
bake for 45 minutes in oven at 350*

i always pour a little maple syrup on top of mine but you don't have to.

Here are the finalists recipes:

Young Money
Simple Steak Salad

Recipe:

5 oz. Baby Spinach
1 cup diced Mozzarella
1/4 cup Red Onion diced
1 cup chopped cucumber

Balsamic Vinaigrette (we just use a store bought)

The key to this recipe is the steak, you have to use a tri tip sirloin and you have to grill it. Season it simply with seasoning salt and pepper and let it come to room temperature before grilling. Use at least 5 oz. of steak per person and grill it to medium/medium rare depending on thickness.

Because the tri tip is a bit more marbled it almost makes you forget that you are having a spinach salad for dinner, it's one of our favorites I hope you like it.

Hawk 308
Linguine with vegetables in a basil broth:

Ingredients:

• 2 chicken breasts

• Canned artichokes – I would use a can of them, but you can use less if you don’t like them as much as me.

• 2 cups of sliced Crimini mushrooms (you can buy them pre-sliced)

• 2 small roma tomatoes

• 1/2 cup frozen peas

• 1 clove of minced garlic (about ∏ tsp or less)

• 1/4 cup dry/semi dry white wine (Pinot Grigio is best and you can enjoy it with the dinner.)

• 1 can of chicken broth

• 2 tablespoons butter (real butter)

• Either fresh or dried basil, whichever is easier. 8 leaves if fresh, about 1/2 Tbsp if dried.

• 1 8oz box of Barilla linguine

• 2 Tbsp of olive oil

• Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:

• Drain the artichokes and quarter them if they are whole.

• If the mushrooms aren’t sliced, slice them.

• Dice the tomatoes and try to get as much of the seeds and guts out. You can use a small spoon for this.

• If you have fresh basil get about 8 leaves and slice them crossways about the thickness of a match.

• Mince the garlic if you need to.

• Cube the chicken breast about the same size as dice. Salt and pepper it lightly

• Clean up your chicken board and get everything together and ready to cook.

• Turn on your vent fan if you have one.

Directions:

• Get your water boiling and drop the pasta and stir.

• Have a big sauté pan heating up on medium.

• Right before you are ready, add the oil and turn it up to high for a minute or until the oil lightly smokes. You will probably leave it on high/medium high the rest of the way. You need to heat to brown the chicken.

• Add the chicken and then put the mushrooms on top of them. Let this sit for a minute or two.

• Once the chicken starts to brown on one side (you will start to smell it), stir and let it and the mushrooms get a bit browner.

• Add the artichokes, tomatoes and garlic, then cook another minute or less. Make sure to stir and don’t burn the garlic!

• Add the wine and stir the bottom of the pan to get all the little bits that are stuck. This is flavor country!

• Add about a 1-1/2 cups of the broth and let it come to a boil. You want to reduce (boil down) the broth by half. Will take a few minutes.

• Add the butter and basil and stir till melted. Turn off the heat right away. Salt and pepper to taste (seriously, taste the sauce first and then add more if you need it. Salt will really liven it up, but you don’t want too much).

• Drain the pasta, put it back in the pot and stir in the sauce.

• When on the plate, top with some parmesan cheese.

ClairefromClare
Sweet & Sour Stew

2 lb. of round steak or top round, trimmed & cubed
Flour & oil for browning
½ cup barbecue sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup cider vinegar
1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
Sliced onion—lots
Salt, pepper to taste

Flour the steak and brown in the oil. Toss the onions in as well. Put the meat, onions, and everything else4 in a crock pot and let it go all day.

Serve over egg noodles.5

rbelbin
Pad Thai:

INGREDIENTS
1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Thai Rice Noodles
4 tablespoons oil, divided (we use olive oil)
1-2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (we just just full un-salted peanuts)
1-3.25 oz packet A Taste of Thai Pad Thai Sauce
2 cups bean sprouts
Optional:
1/2 lb chopped chicken, pork or raw shrimp, deveined
4 scallions, chopped
1 Block Tofu

Garnish: chopped cilantro and lime wedges

DIRECTIONS
Soak Rice Noodles according to directions for stir-fry on box.
In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil.
Add egg(s) and scramble lightly, about 20 seconds. (May add optional scallions, tofu, chicken, pork or shrimp, stir-fry until cooked through.)
Add remaining oil and drained noodles. Stir-fry 4-7 minutes or until noodles are firm but tender.
Add peanuts and Pad Thai Sauce. Stir-fry 1 minute or until combined. Stir in bean sprouts. Serve hot, garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.

Notes:
- We actually add about 3-4 TBSPs Peanut Butter to the Pad Thai, some hot sauce, and mix that all together. We like it more saucy.
- we add additional veggies - Green/Red Pepper etc.
- I usually add chicken to it, and we always add tofu. My wife is a vegetarian, so this one meal does us both, as I add the chicken to mine.
- to make it even healthier, you can use egg white instead of normal eggs.

Hoefy
Chicken and Pepper in Vinegar Sauce:

8 Bone in Chicken Thighs with skin* - We used boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead.
3 Tbs Olive Oil
Kosher Salt and freshly ground Pepper
4 cloves of garlic chopped
1 Tbsp of tomato paste
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Honey
2 cups low sodium chicken stock
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley

Preparation/Cooking Instructions:
1. Heat oil in medium Dutch oven until it shimmers.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with S&P.
Place chicken in pan in batches skin down.*
Cook until golden brown (4 minutes)
Turn over and cook for 3 minutes.
Remove chicken to plate.
2. Add peppers and cook about 4 minutes until slightly soft.
Add tomato paste and vinegar and cook until reduced by 1/3.
Add honey and broth and season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
Return chicken to pot and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove chicken to a platter.
Stir in parsley and put sauce in gravy boat or small dish.
Serve chicken with white or brown rice and pour sauce over both.

Back