THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

ClubCorp

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
CAA. Wouldn't you say distance control is a bigger factor on this track than pure distance? Even some of the par 5's trouble comes into play for long hitters, such as the cross bunkers on #5. A lot of target golf is required off the tee. Agree?
Absolutely, agree. As you saw, I'm not the longest hitter in the world, and there were only one or two holes (mainly due to the wind) that I felt I was hurt by distance off the tee. But like you said, control is much more important, knowing if you can cross the hazard/bunkers on such holes, and of course distance control into just about all those greens.

I'd say it's a hard course, but honestly, if you play it with a bit of thought and don't get sideways, it's not the hardest course by any means that I've played. That said, there are a few "round wreckers" out there, hello No. 16, I'm talking to you and what was the other par 5 on the back No. 10? that gave me fits. But that was more due to a couple very poor attempts on my 3rd shot, I was actually in good shape after my second.

mesaman777

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~
Absolutely, agree. As you saw, I'm not the longest hitter in the world, and there were only one or two holes (mainly due to the wind) that I felt I was hurt by distance off the tee. But like you said, control is much more important, knowing if you can cross the hazard/bunkers on such holes, and of course distance control into just about all those greens.

I'd say it's a hard course, but honestly, if you play it with a bit of thought and don't get sideways, it's not the hardest course by any means that I've played. That said, there are a few "round wreckers" out there, hello No. 16, I'm talking to you and what was the other par 5 on the back No. 10? that gave me fits. But that was more due to a couple very poor attempts on my 3rd shot, I was actually in good shape after my second.
You were in position "A" on 10. I think the tight lies hurt your approach. It's a much more fun course from the black and would suit a long hitter better. We shall see.

ChristopherKee

Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score

Received a sweet care package today full of awesome goodies from and awesome guy.

Really incredible gesture from TheCrest4. Has me all pumped up to beat those Carolina guys!

Going to make sure to save these THP tees for the tourney!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChetSteadman

Reaction score
Handicap
Had a good day of practice on the range. I've been struggling with weight transfer lately, so that was the focus.

I also entered into an after work 9 hole summer tourney today. I've got a solid partner, who happens to be a female, which should be a huge advantage for us, as she hits the ball about 220 off the tee and will play from the red tees.

TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap

Received a sweet care package today full of awesome goodies from and awesome guy.

Really incredible gesture from TheCrest4. Has me all pumped up to beat those Carolina guys!

Took longer than I had anticipated but I am glad it arrived safely. I figured that True Temper hat would look sweet out there on RNK taking down the Carolina boys.

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
Took longer than I had anticipated but I am glad it arrived safely. I figured that True Temper hat would look sweet out there on RNK taking down the Carolina boys.
I like the way you think!

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Except we have regional rivalry hats for the event, but he can use it to prepare for the event

TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap
Except we have regional rivalry hats for the event, but he can use it to prepare for the event
True but figured he might be able to get some use out of it or just snap a few pics to give TT some love.

dazeedmonds

Call me Mr. 24
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
I like the way you think!
I am not a fan of this train of thought. I do find it amusing though.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

mesaman777

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~

Virginians showing their class. Nice gesture.

huhhh

Reaction score
Handicap
25.3 GRINT
I had the chance to get out yesterday, first 9 hole after work round of the year. Not great, but somewhat encouraging, being that it was the 3rd time on course for the year. 49... lost 3 shots to chunked wedges, other wedge shots were really good. My putter was okay, it didn't save me, but it didn't kill me either. I had one 3 putt and literally burned about 4 edges. This new F6 continues to be great. I seem to be loosing a bit of distance (I think that has more to do with the swing. Will address that in the lesson I have left) but I'm keeping it in front of me. 1 out of 5 fws with it, but they were all in play. I didn't have one penalty stroke (which is huge for me).

So 49, not wonderful but it could have easily been 45. Much to do, but I know where to focus.

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Awful quiet in here today. Hope people aren't losing interest of focus.

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
No, just a long workday! Lots of work (on golf) to do in the next three days!

Jeff Spicoli

I used to be good at golf
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
History
Not all my friend. This event has my full attention. The game is slowly coming together.

mesaman777

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~
For those planning a roadie to RNK. I spoke with one of the greenskeeping staff today. They are plugging the greens the second week of May.

mesaman777

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~
Every shot I hit I have the RR in the back of my mind. Makes me approach the game differently.

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
For those planning a roadie to RNK. I spoke with one of the greenskeeping staff today. They are plugging the greens the second week of May.
Thanks that's good info to know for planning any scouting trips.

I think I will finally feel up to hitting some shots tomorrow. It's been a rough 6 days as those who had this thing earlier in the year can attest.

Looking forward to working on the short game. I think it started to make some strides in the right direction in the round with you (hole 10 being the exception:D)

mesaman777

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~
Thanks that's good info to know for planning any scouting trips.

I think I will finally feel up to hitting some shots tomorrow. It's been a rough 6 days as those who had this thing earlier in the year can attest.

Looking forward to working on the short game. I think it started to make some strides in the right direction in the round with you (hole 10 being the exception:D)
Hate spring colds, glad your feeling better. BTW. Hole #6 seems to be complete. Looks like they were adding drainage to the right side FW bunker. That's a great hole.

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
“Every day that I missed practicing takes me one day longer to be good.” Ben Hogan

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Lesson this afternoon. Will post my thoughts in the lesson thread later today.

kevin thats a nice quote and I have felt that way lately.

MBurnham

Reaction score
Handicap

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
“Every day that I missed practicing takes me one day longer to be good.” Ben Hogan

Based on that I may be running out of time, I guess I have to work twice as hard!!

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Handicap

Will be repeating this tomorrow.

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
They did just spray the fairways green so there is a good contrast now and the greens were rolling great the other day with good speed after being cut and rolled.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in