THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Battle of the F6 drivers in matches 3&4. Lets do this Huhhh!

Had a fun round with Spicoli, his dad, and ChetSteadman. They're way better than me!

You played well today, man. It was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge thanks to Trout for hooking us all up with some of his amazing coffee

a3532013182dc95c7e55b8ab76e739cb.jpg

Some of the best darn coffee out there! Nice special touch!

43c8dc7f625ec8ec6e1c9ae247638d77.jpg

Yet another fantastic players gift from Trout Bum. Wonderfully aromatic coffee. Can't wait to try it.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Thank you trout and CAA for the gifts. They are both fantastic.

Patrick inches from a HIO on #12 from 202yds. Amazing.

Thanks man, it may have just been one of the best shots of my life! Enjoyed playing with yall today and good luck to you and everyone in the tournament on both sides tomorrow.

36/40 for a 76.

i know I've thanked THP and True Temper severL times but I'm doing it again

Thank you True Temper and THP

Enjoyed being cart partners today, you brought the best out of me with 78 today. Hit them well tomorrow.

Thanks man, it may have just been one of the best shots of my life! Enjoyed playing with yall today and good luck to you and everyone in the tournament on both sides tomorrow.

Enjoyed being cart partners today, you brought the best out of me with 78 today. Hit them well tomorrow.

That was a epic shot! Btw really enjoyed playing with you toes and the course lesson. Lol

HOF tags looks good boys! Well done

On second thought ... Andy hit that F6 like a boss! #Buzzsaw

Andy played like a boss! I'm so damn proud of the way he handled all the pressure. When I fist met him months ago he mentioned he was nervous playing with Messaman777 and I up at RNK. Well from my vantage point he seemed to have ice running in his veins! Tom Brady like (that's for you Mburnham).

On second thought ... Andy hit that F6 like a boss! #Buzzsaw

Don't mess with the King!

Your game has come along nicely since I played with you at #StaffProto. Keep it rolling!

I saw him hit some clutch shots for sure.

Andy played like a boss! I'm so damn proud of the way he handled all the pressure. When I fist met him months ago he mentioned he was nervous playing with Messaman777 and I up at RNK. Well from my vantage point he seemed to have ice running in his veins! Tom Brady like (that's for you Mburnham).
He most certainly did. Shot after shot, dagger after dagger. He and Christoper Kee were clutch in both our matches (and by the sounds of it, in the first two as well). They didn't make many mistakes, and when they did they hit phenomenal followup shots to erase any advantage Mike and I thought we had on that hole. While it's not fun getting your ass handed to you on a platter, it was an impressive showing and they deserve any and all accolades that come their way. They were a formidable team, and anyone who plays them in the future needs to be put on notice ... come prepared!

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

He most certainly did. Shot after shot, dagger after dagger. He and Christoper Kee were clutch in both our matches (and by the sounds of it, in the first two as well). They didn't make many mistakes, and when they did they hit phenomenal followup shots to erase any advantage Mike and I thought we had on that hole. While it's not fun getting your ass handed to you on a platter, it was an impressive showing and they deserve any and all accolades that come their way. They were a formidable team, and anyone who plays them in the future needs to be put on notice ... come prepared!

Completely agree with you Deuce - both Andy and Chris had some game and were always in control of it. I really enjoyed playing with them and getting to know them. They gave Spicoli and I everything we could handle and then some.

Edit: stupid autocorrect

Last edited:
Quoting the bolded part as it certaily applied to the team Decue/MBurnham in the first match against me and Mesaman777. You guys played about as flawless of match as I could have imagined, capped by the clutch putt by you on 9 to win it. I've seen that putt in my sleep the past 3 two nights...LOL

Good looking DMV crew! So damn proud of those guys and bummed I missed out on the fun. WTG guys!

Good looking DMV crew! So damn proud of those guys and bummed I missed out on the fun. WTG guys!
You were a huge part of the whole DMV team and process, appreciate all your help and support along the way. As I have often said, you are the Patriarch of the DMV and we all owe you a huge thanks for your efforts in getting it rolling.

I had a great partner who stayed cool...even when I hung him out to dry.

On to Round Two:

As I said we drew TroutBum/Dustin8538, hereafter known as TroutDus :)

I was so excited for a chance to get to play with Trout as it had been a long time in the making as he said. And for Dustin, having just met him the day before and seeing him on the range that morning, Iknew we would be treated to a stripeshow.

We were getting a HUGE and I mean HUGE advantage on the front, I got pops on 7 holes, all but the two par 3's. And I felt I was going to need every bit of them, going up against this pair. We made good use of them right out of the bat, when I hit the first green and two putted for a natural par, net birdie. On the next hole, my steady as a rock partner Mesa...rolled in a solid 10 footer for birdie on the tough par 5. The next hole the blind shot par 3 third. I sunk a nice 15 footer for a natural birdiie, for our third in a row to put us three up, and the result was TroutBum telling what I'm sure was that he was My no. 1 fan, with the simple use of one finger...:D

I think the shock of us starting with three straight birdies woke them up and probably got me a bit nervous, so after two straight birdies by Dustin0538, I blew a simple chance on no. 6 to extend the lead back to 3 and we head to the dicey par 3 7th where our memory was not so great from the morning, with out lead now down to one. I have to admit I was a bit shakey at this point thinking we might blow what looked to be a pretty safe lead.

I stepped up to the tee first on the 210 yard par 3 downhill but into a bit of a breeze, with a 3 wood. I though for a moment and then said, EFF the Ego, I need more club and went back and grabbed driver. I hit a nice high fade that looked good the entire way and landed softly on the very left edge of the green about 10 feet away from the flag. I kind of shook my head at the club selection but smiled at the result. TroutDus was in the bunker, but after our experience there in the morning I wasn't taking anything for granted. They hit great shots out of the bunker and had a solid par in the books. I somehow managed to calm my nerves and roll the putt in for a natural birdie and to put us back to 2 up and felt a bit better.

On Number 8 the No. 1 handicap hole on the course, and a very tough back left blind pin location, Mesa hit a great drive, and we both hit really good approaches, I mean really good they were almost touching each other on the green about 15 feet from the pin. After they missed a birdie putt and we conceded their par, I only needed to three putt to close it out, I made the two putts and we took the first point.

What needs to be pointed out here is that Trout and Dustin shot a true -2 for their round. They played as about as good of golf as anybody could have asked for. We were very fortunate to get out of their with a point. The back was going to be a different story as due to Alt shot we only popped on 3 holes and need to take advantage of them.

We didn't get out as quick as we should have stumbling on the first two holes (mainly due to me) Mesa will be too nice to say so, but I absolutely gift wrapped hole 11 for our opponents in both rounds. And they kept the peddle on the metal on the back, but we answered each one of their wins with a win as well to go to 18 all square.

We were the last match out and JB had made it clear once the RR match was over they would tell all the other groups to come in. Since we were on the 18th tee and nobody had come to get us, we wondered if we might be the deciding match. it wasn't until we had hit our approaches into 18 that we saw the congratulations going on behind the green to team Carolina that we knew. So we didn't play out after the approaches and just went up to congratulate team Carolina for an extremely well played match.

We (TEAM DMV) had gotten down early 3-1 after the first session, but everyone on the team really rolled up their sleeves and went to work after that to bring it down to the penultimate match to be decided on the 18th hole. How exciting does that get.

The awards dinner was great, everyone was thirsty and hungry. We had drinks and dinner and team Carolina voted for the MVP along with Sydney from True Temper and JB announced that Jeff Spicoli was the MVP. What a great choice, but in all honesty it could have been any single member of that team, they all played such solid golf all day long and every one of them had key wins along the way i their matches.

I'm so proud to have been part of DMV and the effort we all gave. yes I wanted to win, and the way things were going on the back from following along, I really had a feeling we might pull it out. Everyone knew Carolina, was younger, longer and lower indexes than us. But our Captain had made us all pledge to #own125, that was what was going to be the key for us. I think he was spot on, other than a guy or two on our team, we didn't have the length to keep up with those guys, but we kept it in front of us, took advantage of strokes when we got them (sorry Trout) and did work with the wedges and putter.

I can't thank both Captains enough. T2GRN18 is one of my dearest friends on this site, and he has been there for me on multiple occasions. Including a very uplifting visit while I was in the hospital two years ago for my knee surgeries. When he called me to fill out the last spot as a replacement for an original captains pick, we had a heart to heart talk and I promised him i'd be ready. While I would have liked to done a few things better, i'm comfortable with the way I played and felt truly fortunate to be part of the experience.

As for LightningBolt44, I met him 1.5 years ago at PGA National for the Bridgestone Championship and have thought very highly of him since. he has invited me on multiple occassions to come down to Raleigh and play in some local outings knowing it's my old stomping grounds, and I will do one day. I got to be paired up with him yesterday during the getaway day round 8 of us enjoyed, and it was just pure fun. We were all so relaxed after grinding for 10 hours the day before, he had the tunes going, we just enjoyed a stress free day on the course.

My third and final recap post will talk about my DMV brothers coming up.

Shout out to Messaman777 and the rest of Team DMV. Appreciate you guys doing this.

ec02dfb0916cbeaf466d0a212f2aaf37.jpg

Back