When it doubt, always refer to rule #1!

That's just my take though. Haha

When in doubt...putt it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No gimmies for you! I've seen how you putt! LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No gimmies for you! I've seen how you putt! LOL

Since you're giving me five per side I don't think it's unreasonable to putt out.

When it doubt, always refer to rule #1!

That's just my take though. Haha

As long as it's not rule 441, I'm with you :D

Don't believe in good- good. We putt everything at our course and that's exactly how I plan to play my matches! I've seen and personally missed some very short putts in my golfing career which tells me there is no such thing as a gimme, especially under competitive pressure!

That is an interesting approach to it.

Rule #1 is easy, just don't be a "Richard". Same is true for all events, in the end its about fun, always.

Since you're giving me five per side I don't think it's unreasonable to putt out.

Seems to keep going up? Why is that?

Don't believe in good- good. We putt everything at our course and that's exactly how I plan to play my matches! I've seen and personally missed some very short putts in my golfing career which tells me there is no such thing as a gimme, especially under competitive pressure!

Obviously if you're selected I have some work to do in the ways of THP competitive rounds. But, it's easy work and something I really enjoy. I'll make sure I have my new Ariats cleaned up for our first training session. :)

It's always fun watching people think out loud (been there, done that). In the end though, having interacted with these two captains on the forums, I know the spirit of THP will be alive and well during the #THPRegionalRivalry. No Richarding will be tolerated.

Rule #1 is easy, just don't be a "Richard". Same is true for all events, in the end its about fun, always.

Golf is fun!

Announcement

Selections will take place post PGA Show.
First will come signup, that any person that wants to be a part of Regional Rivalry will do.
4 THPers from each side will be selected from that signup.
That will still leave 3 open spots. Those will be selected by the Captain from each Region.
Those selections will be based on 3 factors.
1. Are they active or are they going to be active on THP
2. See Rule #1
3. See Rule #2
4. I know we said 3 rules, but the captains are open to bribery I have been told.

I too can be bribed, or so I have been accused of. Im open to delicacies from your region, but more importantly posting on THP.
(the last part is a joke, we use a random number generator)

Thought I would give this a bump.

While I understand where you are coming from.

Keep in mind THP Tournaments and competitions are quite a bit different than any other tournament EVER!! While yes everyone wants to win, the primary goal is spending time with friends and enjoying the company of both sides before during and afterwards. While everyone will be battling their hardest on the course, that guy you have been trying to beat for 18 holes, will very likely be sitting next to you for a beer or dinner afterward. Don't want any awkwardness or #butthurt :D

I understand where you're coming from but the other side of the coin is when are you being a pain by putting everything as compared to actually realizing the chances of missing is very small. If you set the rules in advance I think everyone understands and there are no hard feelings. I want to have fun and enjoy the company as much as the next person but I also want to give my team every possible chance to win if possible!!

rule XXIO?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I understand where you're coming from but the other side of the coin is when are you being a pain by putting everything as compared to actually realizing the chances of missing is very small. If you set the rules in advance I think everyone understands and there are no hard feelings. I want to have fun and enjoy the company as much as the next person but I also want to give my team every possible chance to win if possible!!

Clearly both teams want to win dude! However, I will tell you straight up. Winning is not the first priority for my team. It's all about the journey, learning a little bit out the sponsor, the people you meet along the way, and having a blast doing just that. If our teams loses because of 1 conceded putt that may or may not of gone in. I'll be okay with that. As long as in the end we've had fun, and given it 100%. Our mission is also to bring this to the forum so in years to come others can experience something similar. Sure there is a spirit of competition, but that spirit goes much deeper than a HOF tag, or a trip to True Temper.

Clearly both teams want to win dude! However, I will tell you straight up. Winning is not the first priority for my team. It's all about the journey, learning a little bit out the sponsor, the people you meet along the way, and having a blast doing just that. If our teams loses because of 1 conceded putt that may or may not of gone in. I'll be okay with that. As long as in the end we've had fun, and given it 100%. Our mission is also to bring this to the forum so in years to come others can experience something similar. Sure there is a spirit of competition, but that spirit goes much deeper than a HOF tag, or a trip to True Temper.

Completely understand! Thanks!!

The group I play with we putt everything out - I've seen more 2' missed ( a 2' above the hole at Pilgrims Oak is no gimme!) than you would think - including some by me. That said, in match play, it's more about sportsmanship for me ( even though I always want to win! ) and I tend to be more generous there.

Does rule number 1 include me dancing a jog on the green, I recall that brought a nice smile from you :)

Rule number 1 to me is "Zero Richards and have fun fun fun, I think this group of guys all get that :)

I had the most fun because I stayed in the club house :)

I don't remember you having much fun at Lonnie Pool (misspelling intentional for that day).

Win at all costs?

;)

of course while not being a Richard about it :alien:

being a team event you will have a partner in your matches so this mentality could conflict with your partners approach. If chosen I would love to win and enjoy the first HOF, a chance at being MVP that goes to someone on the winning team but i don't have a problem giving a 1' putt or maybe a little longer where it fits into the match. For me the big picture is the journey we get to go on from now until July 9th and sharing it with THP and social media. So many factors go into winning a team event that some good-good on putts isn't going to affect it.

i know where you are coming from and IMO there is a place for that and I don't think THP events is that place

It is nice of True Temper to sponsor all of the RR events. How many of you have their shafts in your current clubs (the ones you are actually playing for all you club ho's out there :act-up:)

Back