THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I'll have to say I'm getting to know some of my hopefully future teammates. Looks like NC will have a strong showing and be reopen very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure is lonely on the range. Everyone must be 100% ready to go already.

Lunch time = range time.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Sure is lonely on the range. Everyone must be 100% ready to go already.

Lunch time = range time.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Lol. I work odd hours so in usually at the range by myself dieting the week.

I'll be putting in some range time tomorrow.

It is nice of True Temper to sponsor all of the RR events. How many of you have their shafts in your current clubs (the ones you are actually playing for all you club ho's out there :act-up:)

Irons - Project X Rifle
Backup Irons - Dynamic Gold
Wedges - Dynamic Gold
Putter

Saw this in the Ohio/Michigan thread and thought I would share here encase some had not seen it. Says a lot about our sponsor.

Tour_Shaft_Count_Hyundai-TOC.jpg

Saw this in the Ohio/Michigan thread and thought I would share here encase some had not seen it. Says a lot about our sponsor.

Tour_Shaft_Count_Hyundai-TOC.jpg

They are truly fantastic shafts, I love them

I need to get some in my life. Maybe I'll request them when I get fitted before RR comes around.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just thinking about the prize/opportunity that awaits the MVP's. What an incredible chance to go inside of the No. 1 shaft maker in the world. Yeah, that happens everyday to just anybody. Every aspect of #THPRegionalRivalry is so exciting, and to cap it off with that trip for the MVP's is just mindblowing.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Project X handmade shaft...

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Project X handmade shaft...
Solid thread on those shafts here with a lot of feedback worth checking out.

Last edited:
what is the distance that you prefer to approach the green for par3,4,5s that give you a good chance at birdie

Par 3 anything inside 175 I feel confident I can hit the green and have a chance at birdie with two putt being the worse case.

par 4 and par 5 I like having 9i, pw, or GW. The 140 - 110 range is my preference. 70-90 is becoming more consistent

what is the distance that you prefer to approach the green for par3,4,5s that give you a good chance at birdie

Par 3 anything inside 175 I feel confident I can hit the green and have a chance at birdie with two putt being the worse case.

par 4 and par 5 I like having 9i, pw, or GW. The 140 - 110 range is my preference. 70-90 is becoming more consistent

Par 3 inside 160. Leaves me with at most a 7 iron, and I am confident with that club and higher that I can get on the green and give myself a good look

Par 4 /5 love to be either 75-90 or 120-130 yards. 120-130 leaves me a GW, and in the 75-90 yard range it leaves me with a LW, which, for whatever goofy reason, is the best club in my bag. With those clubs for those stated yardages said, I am comfortable if I have to knock something down and play another club. ( Have been working on that hard )

Par 3: 170 and in
Par 4/5: 115

Par 3 150-160 and in
'Par 4/5 anything between 85-125.

Par 3 I like to be in the 170-in range provided there isn't a whole lot of elevation change.

Par 4/5 ideally I would be somewhere between 100 and 160. This gives me a full swing opportunity with anything from a 54* to an 8i, which is what I consider to be my longest "scoring" iron.

150 and in for all.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Par 3 inside 160. Leaves me with at most a 7 iron, and I am confident with that club and higher that I can get on the green and give myself a good look

Par 4 /5 love to be either 75-90 or 120-130 yards. 120-130 leaves me a GW, and in the 75-90 yard range it leaves me with a LW, which, for whatever goofy reason, is the best club in my bag. With those clubs for those stated yardages said, I am comfortable if I have to knock something down and play another club. ( Have been working on that hard )

I dont really have a preferred yardage I want a birdie from everywhere and feel like if I do the right things I can get a birdie almost anywhere. That said I rarely do the right things :alien:

Since we have been hammering you guys with questions I think it is time to reverse the rolls.

What questions do you have for Kevin and I? Can be anything to do with the event or lead up really.

Since we have been hammering you guys with questions I think it is time to reverse the rolls.

What questions do you have for Kevin and I? Can be anything to do with the event or lead up really.
Good question.

I would ask, once your team has been finalized by all picks. What's the very next message you convey to those that are chosen.

Par 3 right now I would say 140 yards and in. I hope as the event gets closer, I've got that to more like 160 yards.

Par 4's and 5's, I would say 125 and again come event time, i hope that's closer to 140.

1. How to you deal with the pressure of picking just 3 guys to fill out the team and not second guessing yourself on if you picked the right people?

2. As the captain/coach what do you feel is your best quality to help your team win?

Good question.

I would ask, once your team has been finalized by all picks. What's the very next message you convey to those that are chosen.

Have fun with the process, I am here if you need anything at all. Make sure to take it all in because it is something not everyone (not many) get to experience

1. How to you deal with the pressure of picking just 3 guys to fill out the team and not second guessing yourself on if you picked the right people?

2. As the captain/coach what do you feel is your best quality to help your team win?

1. I go with my gut. Once I make that choice that is the way I go. While it will be tough the 3 that I pick will have done something to stand above the rest. Also frankly there is not one guy from the carolinas that I would second guess myself about they are all amazing.

2. I am laid back but will always be there if someone needs something anything at all. I wont be a drill sergeant that is just not my way but I will make sure everyone puts themselves in the best position to meet their goals. Everyone will have different things they want to get out of this event and I feel my job as captain is to make sure each and every person meets their goals and gets what they are looking for out of the event.

Good question Emart, one I asked in the MI vs Ohio thread yesterday. Apparently almost everyone over there is confident from 200 so you guys in DC/MD/VA and Carolina's must be short knockers. :alien:

Back