THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently THP announced a new event series called Regional Rivalry and the first two that went up were Ohio vs Michigan and NY/NJ vs New England. If you missed that news, you can read about each of those in their respective threads, but today we are proud to announce the continuation with this showdown of rivals.

It will be held in either DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas
8 Golfers from each region (including a captain)
27-36 Holes on Saturday
Dinner after golf
Trophy Presentation
THP Hall of Fame chance
Regional Rivalry exclusive SWAG & Prizes
And so much more.

This thread will serve as the official thread for this event and all of the updates will be in the first post. Over the next few weeks, the information will be coming fast and furious, so stay tuned to this thread for all of the details.

When & Where
July 9th, 2016
Royal New Kent
Providence Forge, VA
http://www.royalnewkent.com/

Getting In
Getting to be a part of Regional Rivalry will be by open signup. As long as someone currently lives in one of the two states at the time of signup, and are a 2016 Albatross Club member, they can signup for the event. If you are not, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

Amazing MVP Trip
See this link for something special about this event as the MVP from the winning team is going to win the trip of a lifetime.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ent-Regional-Rivalry-Sponsored-By-True-Temper

Captains
Team Carolinas - lightning44
Team DC/VA/MD - T2GRN

Cost & Itinerary
Cost - $129
Must Arrive 30 minutes before tee time to go over rules
1st Tee Time - 8am
FlightScope time to demo clubs if people want it (although that is early)
Begin 4 Nine Hole Matches - 1 point available per 9 hole win per team
After Matches Dinner at a local restaurant we selected w/ prix fixe menu w/ trophy ceremony (if you plan on signing up, please do not be the person that plays & then leaves before dinner)
MVP will be announced at the THP Dinner afterwards and will involve every person in the event (and a panel following along on the forum) casting a vote.
At the time of selection, a $50 non refundable deposit will be due to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 45 days from start of the event.

Signing Up
All details here.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...THP-Regional-Rivalry-Sponsored-By-True-Temper

Formats
Match 1 - Teams & Opponents Stay Together for all 18
Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Modified Pinehurst

Match 2 - Teams & Opponents Stay Together for all 18
Front 9 - Best Ball (4 ball)
Back 9 - Alternate Shot

Matchups will be announced before the event date.
If you are not in the event, you are welcome to come out to the range prior to the guys going off and cheer the team on, and if space permits, join the fun at the dinner afterwards (there will be some costs for that) to enjoy the event celebration.

Teams
3 more choices still coming with captains picks
Team DMV
T2GRN - Captain
Huhhh
MDGolfHacker
BIGBALL
ChristopherKee
MizunoFan99
Mesaman777
Emart2173

Team Carolinas
lightningbolt44 - Captain
Trout Bum
Jeff Spicoli
Borss
MBurnham
dustin8538
ChetSteadman
deuce

1st Round Matchups
dustin8538 & Borss
T2GRN & RNG

Trout Bum & Lightningbolt
Emart & BigBall

Jeff Spicoli & ChetSteadman
ChristopherKee & Huhhh

Deuce & MBurnham
Mesaman777 & CAA_Beat

Last edited:
Congrats to the chosen locations, do THP proud!

Congrats to these locations. I know both will yield great teams that will do this event proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats guys!

Congrats guys!!

Going to be anothet solid matchup

Can't wait to see what course you guys will be playing on, odds are it will be great.

BOOM! There it is the third and final installment of Regional Rivalry!

Looks like all of that lobbying paid off boys, looking forward to dates and more deets for this puppy

Excellent choice for regions if I do say so myself! Called it! Now where to lay my allegiance...

Excited for this and that we got chosen. Proud to be in a region that has this chance and hope my ticket gets punched.

Love seeing this. Congrats guys. This is going to be fun.

Big news!!

Congrats to those 2 regions for getting the call! Should be a great match with a lot of quality THPers and golfers in both regions.

I have been lucky to meet some great people who will represent their regions proudly in this one! Rooting for both but obviously have to take sides :alien:

Hell yeah! Let's do this boys! The Carolinas will be ready

Excited for this and that we got chosen. Proud to be in a region that has this chance and hope my ticket gets punched.
I hope both of our tickets get punched. Of course only one of us could then win and I think we all know it will be the Carolina's :).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

​Can't wait to try in get in this!

I'm looking forward to the 8 guys from the Carolinas getting a Regional Rivalry HOF tag. Only question now is who is gonna be the MVP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats to those 2 regions for getting the call! Should be a great match with a lot of quality THPers and golfers in both regions.

If it wasn't us was pulling for you guys.

Hell yeah! Let's do this boys! The Carolinas will be ready

I hope both of our tickets get punched. Of course only one of us could then win and I think we all know it will be the Carolina's :).

hoping so too. Lots of good guys on both sides. Don't want to bring to much other sports into but Carolina's luck might run out with the Panthers. :D

If it wasn't us was pulling for you guys.

hoping so too. Lots of good guys on both sides. Don't want to bring to much other sports into but Carolina's luck might run out with the Panthers. :D
No luck needed our golf games will do the talking/winning

In all seriousness I am super pumped to see this rivalry so many great guys on both sides this event will be great.

Oh crap!!! There you go. Excited for that area.

Pretty awesome...will definitely try to get in on this!

I'm simply hoping to get the call for this great event.

Back