THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I'm fairly certain I know who 3 of them are. Just saying

I'm rooting for CAA_Beat. Rob is a nice guy and I heard thru some other people that he is working pretty hard on his game!!!!

It's OK to lobby isn't it!!!!!!

What is the most integing aspect of the MVP trip if you were to win it? After hearing Don talk about Project X and the graphite shaft development I'm sure people have some addition thoughts.

I'm an engineer by education and a tech head when it comes to golf equipment. Winning the trip to True Temper would really be fantastic to learn the real in and outs of making shafts perform for different swings. As I continue to age ( I hope!) I would like to know exactly how and what shafts can help me prolong my playing time and minimize discomfort. It's amazing to me that company like True Temper would roll out the red carpet for someone like me. They are clearly a first class company!!!!

I'm fairly certain I know who 3 of them are. Just saying

Well my crystal ball is broke, just when I need it the most, so I guess I have to keep trying. Good luck to everyone involved!!!!

What is the most integing aspect of the MVP trip if you were to win it? After hearing Don talk about Project X and the graphite shaft development I'm sure people have some addition thoughts.

The MVP trip sounds pretty amazing and hearing Don talk about everything that goes into the shaft development is mind boggling. For myself, the shaft has been something that was just kind of there. I picked a shaft flex and went with what the OEM specifies. To learn more about why certain shaft technology, loading zones, torque, etc might be better for my game would be great.

I've been looking at getting a PM Grind wedge lately and there are probably 20-30 different shafts that I could choose. I have no idea which might be better for my swing. Improving my knowledge in respect to that would be huge.

9a24eeda708204d6938181b2fee7f00c.jpg

Those look pretty sweet!
Black onyx so so awesome

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Those look pretty sweet!
I hadn't had a chance to answer your question yet about the most intriquing part of the trip to TT. I think this picture along with the information DB gave in the THPRadio UnCut show, make me want to see (if possible) how the different flags are used in composing a shaft. I'm sure most of us, other than the lucky few who went to the ProjectX Handcrafted event last year, have no idea how complex the process is. It'd be really cool to see it up close and in person.

I'm rooting for CAA_Beat. Rob is a nice guy and I heard thru some other people that he is working pretty hard on his game!!!!

It's OK to lobby isn't it!!!!!!
Thank you Sir...I don't know who you've been talking to but some of those people may have said, I've been working on buying my game based on a few deleveries of late to the shop:D But it is true, they've seen me, do indoor putting, indoor practice swings and some outdoor stuff when the weather permitted.

No chance in that happening, there is still a ton of time to be swayed!

It's totally fine, you can tell me.
Even if someone PM'd me and requested the info with a promise to Paypal me $49.99 plus tax, I totally wouldn't tell them anything ;)

Those look pretty sweet!

This is the nicest labeling on a Dynamic Gold shaft ever IMO. Sticks out. Easy to see what the pros are gaming.

as nice as the black onyx shafts look. i am pondering these bad boys. i wish they were offered in more brands than Titleist, but i have my eye on some on ebay.
$_35.JPG

Maybe this is a good time for this little bump! I'm excited to see who all the players are!

Not gonna lie--I love seeing my name on that list. I am looking forward to going up against you and your guys in July. It will be an epic showdown.

As far as the trip if I am so lucky as to the MVP--as someone who doesn't know a ton about shafts, I would just be excited knowing how much more informed I would be as a consumer by the end of the weekend.

Thank you Sir...I don't know who you've been talking to but some of those people may have said, I've been working on buying my game based on a few deleveries of late to the shop:D But it is true, they've seen me, do indoor putting, indoor practice swings and some outdoor stuff when the weather permitted.

You know you and I hang around the same people at the same golf course....I was there Saturday...place was packed....Managed to get around the South West with a 77....Really happy with that on a wet day,,,,although I am happy with that anytime on those two courses. I consider that to be the hard side!!!!

Good luck making the team...I can tell by your posts that your REALLY want it!!!!!!

as nice as the black onyx shafts look. i am pondering these bad boys. i wish they were offered in more brands than Titleist, but i have my eye on some on ebay.
$_35.JPG

I have these in my AP2's. They are sweet! My label doesn't look like that though. It's small like the original. I may have to call Titleist and ask about them.

You know you and I hang around the same people at the same golf course....I was there Saturday...place was packed....Managed to get around the South West with a 77....Really happy with that on a wet day,,,,although I am happy with that anytime on those two courses. I consider that to be the hard side!!!!

Good luck making the team...I can tell by your posts that your REALLY want it!!!!!!
Nice round indeed on the tougher of the two. Saturday was crazy, we did over 300 rounds.

Thanks for the well wishes, I definitely want to be part of this team, and regardless if I make it or not, you'll see me on the range out here a lot this year striving to get better. I just have to avoid some of the advice like I got from the grill room pros last night :D

Getting to see things first hand. It is one thing to hear how something is made and the decision process behind it, but to see it first hand is totally different. I understand better when I can see how something works.

I really want to get in on this event. I said last year at Legacy to some of my teammates that RNK would be a great place for an event, but never thought it would be here. I truly love that course.

I have these in my AP2's. They are sweet! My label doesn't look like that though. It's small like the original. I may have to call Titleist and ask about them.

You may have the standard amt shafts which are s300 where these are tour issue s400. Slightly different shafts

The most intriguing part will be getting to see and ultimately understand how they go about the shaft process. I'm interested in how they catagorize shafts in respect to feel and spin. How do they manipulate the shafts to get optimal specs and results in those two areas without sacrificing weight or other factors? The engineer in me would love to see that up close.

You may have the standard amt shafts which are s300 where these are tour issue s400. Slightly different shafts

S400 are just a little stiffer.

One thing I have never really paid attention to is the shafts used in wedges. like to hear the different ideas on that - and I'd love to see first hand to see the shaft making process first hand. I have toured ( and sold in ) wire factories before, and watching it go from a raw product to a finished product is really cool - and I don't care nearly as much about wire as I do golf shafts - can't imagine how cool that is lol!

942ac88e700823b6c84049bc9df74114.jpg

Having a putter off for my March gamer, losers get sold.

Back