THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Not much of a chance to do anything this week. 5 day road trip calling (announcing) college baseball. I will get something done this week. Should be decent weather and finally enough daylight left after work.

I'll be honest ... I don't full swing wedges, with the exception of my PW (44*) and GW (48*). My 52 and 56 are for half swing pitches/chips and sand play respectively. And really, from 85 yards and in, if you took away my 52, I'd rely on my 48 and not miss a beat.

Now we'll see what my instructor has to say about that come tomorrow but ... it's what I've been doing for the better part of a few months and it's seemed to work.

100 yards to about 50 yards is my struggle right now. I need to figure out a better way. I don't hit good shots when I try and hit a full shot with my 54 or 58.

Yesterday was a good time, it was fun talking to MizunoFan and EMART about this event. Getting a sense of what they were working on, looking forward to, and some of their ideas for pairing. One of the cool parts was both of these guys were excited to meet the THP members they hadn't met before from both sides. And just having a good time with the entire process.

I mentioned this back in January, so I thought I would bring it back up. Outside of the golf aspect. I hope people are using this to effect more than just the game. People that use events like this as a catalyst for something bigger in their life will grow even more than just on THP.

Also, for those with wives, family or significant others. What are you doing to get them involved? There is a bit of a demand on your time for prep and all that is involved. Hopefully your not doing this alone. Cause when it's all said and done they are the ones that are sacrificing time with you. Make sure they know how much you appreciate it.

on my 3rd day of being down and out with a stupid virus. So my golf prep this weekend was curtailed to watching TV and THP'ing. Glad that I got some rounds in last week beofre it hit.

As as for support of the wife/So. Michelle always prefer to be the quiet on the sidelines and just offering an ear or positive word after a tough day of play or practoce. She was glad to hear I played better for the most part on my 3rd round than I did on my first.

We've long had an understanding that she doesn't begrudge any golf I play as long as I also make time for us, which I always do.

She has met T2GRN18 and is a fan, so whenever I tell her "The Captain says," she is very likely to reply, "then you better listen." :D

Also, for those with wives, family or significant others. What are you doing to get them involved? There is a bit of a demand on your time for prep and all that is involved. Hopefully your not doing this alone. Cause when it's all said and done they are the ones that are sacrificing time with you. Make sure they know how much you appreciate it.

My wife likes when I bring home trophies. She's used to my tournament prep schedule so I have the 2 weeks prior to event to lock in short game and full swing. When I prep for events I stop hitting the range and play golf. I like to play 9 holes each day with a different area of practice for each round.

I just played 9 Saturday with JohnSinVA and my goal was to hit some stinger 3 woods with shape; looking for a safety shot I can hit 240 ish and avoid trouble. Didn't quite workout (one way left, one into a tree on the right), but doing things on course is not the same as on the range that's why I golf prior to events vs range.

I actually may have the 23rd open. I'll have to start saving some money but I might be able to do that.

Would be awesome to meet you and get a picture of the first Kings of THP!

I'm thinking pairings today. Never know when Ron and I will get the call.

Can't wait to see pairings and matchups for round 1

This whole event still has me buzzed. Can't wait for it to start!!

Can't wait to see pairings and matchups for round 1
Pairings talk is always interesting.

On that note, can one of the mods add my name to the list of DMV team, I don't want Cappy, to overlook pairing me up :D

I'm thinking pairings today. Never know when Ron and I will get the call.
Tough task without knowing everyone's games. I'm certain you will do an exceptional job with the pairings. Can't wait to find out.

I'm really excited to see the pairings and who I am going to play with. I would love to start talking strategy.

Pairings talk is always interesting.

On that note, can one of the mods add my name to the list of DMV team, I don't want Cappy, to overlook pairing me up :D

I won't, and that's the least of our worries. What are you working on this week?

Does everyone feel like they are getting some good practice in, now that the weather has started looking better?

Does everyone feel like they are getting some good practice in, now that the weather has started looking better?

A day hasn't gone by since the captains picks that I haven't practiced some part of my game. Gonna take Sunday off though and try not to touch a club. Saturday is gonna be a long putting session. Thursday I am practicing my corned beef and cabbage eating skills. Probably Friday too.

I need it to stop raining. Outdoor practice is so much more fun and chipping and putting indoors.

I won't, and that's the least of our worries. What are you working on this week?
Yesterday and today getting out of the sick bed.

Wed and Thursday range work. Working on getting distance dialed in on 9, P, A and 54.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have a question, it may have been stated already but I missed it: What tees are we playing? Or are different caps playing different tees?

I have a question, it may have been stated already but I missed it: What tees are we playing? Or are different caps playing different tees?
They haven't said ... it could be mixed tees, or it might not. In order for handicaps to work, we'll all play from the same tee.

I don't mind the extra yardage, I'd almost prefer it. Distance isn't my problem...distance in the complete wrong direction is my problem. But I just notice there is a pretty big difference between tees.

This isn't JB's first rodeo :D, and he has seen many of these guys play several times. So knowing that, the tee selection will be fair for everyone.

The Whites are 6132 and the Blacks are 6695, my guess (and purely a guess) will primarily Whites with maybe a few Blacks thrown in to come out somewhere close to 6300/6400 yards. We played the Whites last week and were hitting into a 20 mph wind on most holes. Even at that, that distance was entirely playable. I'm sure it's a bit firmer in the summer as well.

This isn't JB's first rodeo :D, and he has seen many of these guys play several times. So knowing that, the tee selection will be fair for everyone.

The Whites are 6132 and the Blacks are 6695, my guess (and purely a guess) will primarily Whites with maybe a few Blacks thrown in to come out somewhere close to 6300/6400 yards. We played the Whites last week and were hitting into a 20 mph wind on most holes. Even at that, that distance was entirely playable. I'm sure it's a bit firmer in the summer as well.

CAA. Wouldn't you say distance control is a bigger factor on this track than pure distance? Even some of the par 5's trouble comes into play for long hitters, such as the cross bunkers on #5. A lot of target golf is required off the tee. Agree?

I do. I get 1-2 range sessions a week plus some drills at the house.

Everyone will play same tees and they will be fair for all hdcps. More than likely they will be mixed tees. From past events I've been in 6100-6400 is about avg

Back