THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

After attempting to get out for the last 3 days with no luck (work issue, car accident and a day at the dealership)... I finally got out this morning. I had been practicing in my garage for most of the week. I began working on just my wedges and then putting some work in on everything. I think that with my irons, it did more harm than good since I didn't really swing through most of my iron shots today and hit many of them thin, which is what I tend to do in the garage because of the mat and the simulator.

I got rushed out onto the back and had a rough go of it on 14 and 15. I ended up with a 50 on the back. I played better on the front, but not by much. My 95 wasn't horrible... but wasn't what I was hoping for. I played from tees too far back. I didn't realize until I was on my 5th hole that I should have been playing from the whites instead of the blues. It added 322 yards, much of which came on some par 4 holes that were too long for me.

The good thing is that there was not a single sh--k with my wedges... so the work I did in the garage with them paid off. I don't know when I'll get out again, but I'm hoping to get another practice round in before next Saturday.

Nice to see everyone getting out to play. Mburnham is braver than I am. I'm playing in mid 40s tomorrow which is about my limit

Nice to see everyone getting out to play. Mburnham is braver than I am. I'm playing in mid 40s tomorrow which is about my limit

My hands hurt just thinking about it. I used to play when the temperature reached at least 40 when I lived in New Jersey. I only remember playing a handful of rounds in colder temperatures. One was the day after Thanksgiving in 2010. It was 'supposed' to get into the mid 40s that day... but it never got warmer than about 35. My ears and cheeks were burning for 3 days afterwards.

Posed this question in the ny/nj v ne thread, figured id ask here too.

With the weather stratum to break other than this weekend is your prep more focused on playing or practicing? Or a combo and what percentages of the combo?

Im lookimg to play 2-3 times a month based on schedule and 2-3 practice sessions with one focusing on swing, one on 140 and in/short game and another for putting.

With the weather stratum to break other than this weekend is your prep more focused on playing or practicing? Or a combo and what percentages of the combo?

Im lookimg to play 2-3 times a month based on schedule and 2-3 practice sessions with one focusing on swing, one on 140 and in/short game and another for putting.
With the weather warming up, my early (6:30 am) morning rounds are going to start back up. So I'll definitely be playing more ... at least 2 times a week, maybe 3 or 4. Practice will stay about the same ... 2 to 3 times a week.

With the weather warming up, my early (6:30 am) morning rounds are going to start back up. So I'll definitely be playing more ... at least 2 times a week, maybe 3 or 4. Practice will stay about the same ... 2 to 3 times a week.
I'm a play 2 times a week practice maybe once or twice during the week. I am not a range rat can't get into it and don't practice properly so it harms me at times as much as it helps. Going to try and break that this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Both but an emphasis on playing. There's just no substitute for on course experience.

I'm a play 2 times a week practice maybe once or twice during the week. I am not a range rat can't get into it and don't practice properly so it harms me at times as much as it helps. Going to try and break that this year.
My practice sessions are generally short ... 30-45 minutes tops and I really only focus on one thing. I'll either putt, or short game, or hit at the range. I rarely get to do more than two in a session. Fortunately I have two courses within two miles of my house and putting and chipping don't cost a thing. If I hit the range I do it at my CC. My morning rounds are nine hole rounds. I need to fit them in, shower, and then get to work by 8:30 so time is very limited.

I try to play 2 times a week and hit the range 1 or 2 times. After my rounds this week, I think I need more range time!

Braver man than I. Sub 50 you won't see me out there (unless a special occasion)

Fair weather golfer! No dedication LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Braver man than I. Sub 50 you won't see me out there (unless a special occasion)

Come on that's weak! Just kidding!

d8e341f7a42c7c9740b343c19912dc52.jpg

My bag is ready to rumble. Come on July!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta do what you gotta do cap. Plus were supposed to get 5-8" of snow on Sunday so I don't know when I'll get out again.

My hands hurt just thinking about it. I used to play when the temperature reached at least 40 when I lived in New Jersey. I only remember playing a handful of rounds in colder temperatures. One was the day after Thanksgiving in 2010. It was 'supposed' to get into the mid 40s that day... but it never got warmer than about 35. My ears and cheeks were burning for 3 days afterwards.

I played in a New Year's Day scramble a couple years ago and it was 20 out. The ground was completely frozen. Drives went so far because they rolled forever. It holding a green was impossible.

In high school, we started out practice in February, which meant cold rounds to begin the year. I remember several rounds in flurries. I don't voluntarily do that anymore, but have teed off in the 30s as recently as this winter.

As far as practice, I plan on doing what I did last year. I'll hit the range 1-2 times a week, short game once a week, and hopefully play once a week (more like 3 times a month). I just set up a BirdieBall green in my bonus room and plan on rolling putts most every night after the kid goes to bed. I've already been at it for 15-20 minutes tonight.

Moved my tee time to tomorrow due to rain today. Can't wait since I've gaine almost 50 yards on my driver from the winter. Finally getting it dialed in.

Maiden voyage for the new cart?

Was second round with it. Worked out pretty good, same as the others really, I just wanted to be different.

I played awful today. Nothing was on except the putter. I'm just going to caulk to up to one of those day and being way to bundled up.

Got out and played 18 yesterday unexpectedly. Not sure I will be able to get out tomorrow, but the game is showing signs of improving. Drove the ball well and while the irons weren't perfect, none of my misses got me into trouble. It was a good ball-striking day with some solid short game play mixed in. It's the type of game I want to bring to the event in July with no big numbers on the scorecard.

Played 18 at renditions yesterday. Was raining and snowing on the way down, but as I got to the course it basically stoppped. Played really well on the front (42 ) but shot a 48 on the back. It stated drizzling on the back, and all my gloves got soaked, grips stayed wet, and it was hard to not grip the club to tight to prevent the slipping. Surprisingly, greens were fast and really firm. Short game is in a good spot right now, and I am feeling good about the direction my game is headed in. Struggled with my hybrids a little, so that will have to be addressed.

Played 18 today. Hit my irons terribly. Shot a 95. That is all.

On a cold and dreary day, I shot a frustrating 48. A year ago I would have been thrilled to break 50, but now I'm annoyed. I guess that's progress ... but I really need to get a lesson and figure out why I can hit a straight shot and it either goes right or left of my intended target. Am I misaligned? Am I pulling and/or pushing my shots? I don't know ... and I need to know soon. Plus the driver was giving me fits. A few days ago it was 7/14 FIR and today it was 3/7 which is not what I want/need. I managed to dance my way away from trouble today, taking nothing worse than a double, but I need to keep myself in the short grass if I'm going to even attempt to do any damage to Team DMV in July.

On a cold and dreary day, I shot a frustrating 48. A year ago I would have been thrilled to break 50, but now I'm annoyed. I guess that's progress ... but I really need to get a lesson and figure out why I can hit a straight shot and it either goes right or left of my intended target. Am I misaligned? Am I pulling and/or pushing my shots? I don't know ... and I need to know soon. Plus the driver was giving me fits. A few days ago it was 7/14 FIR and today it was 3/7 which is not what I want/need. I managed to dance my way away from trouble today, taking nothing worse than a double, but I need to keep myself in the short grass if I'm going to even attempt to do any damage to Team DMV in July.

You'll be fine. It will all get straightened out !

Back