THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

If they're playing the Pens can I come too? :banana:
Yeah I love rubbing it in to PENS fans when they lose.
Between you and I he should have enough for the 2017 season.
I appreciate all the balls you find for me but not all of them are playable. Just saying. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Beggar != Chooser

It's been too long. There needs to be a rematch!

It's been too long. There needs to be a rematch!
Yes! Bump this thread for a definite rematch! This time I'll be here for it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pretty excited about the reopening. Viniterra put $1,000,000 into it. If all that money went into the bunkers alone, the course improved by 100%. Can't wait to get out there again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pretty excited about the reopening. Viniterra put $1,000,000 into it. If all that money went into the bunkers alone, the course improved by 100%. Can't wait to get out there again.

I'm gonna be honest, I loved the messed up bunkers =). I also loved the random pipes sitting in the fairways waiting to be installed.

Forbes article about fixing the bunkers etc

"More than 2,300 tons of sand are being trucked in to redo the bunkers, making the course more playable and easier to maintain. (Because of their unique look and design, Strantz courses can present more of a challenge when it comes to upkeep). Green complexes at Royal New Kent have been converted from bent grass to champion Bermuda and a new irrigation system is being installed that will help with drainage. Even the clubhouse is undergoing substantial upgrades."

I'm gonna be honest, I loved the messed up bunkers =). I also loved the random pipes sitting in the fairways waiting to be installed.

Forbes article about fixing the bunkers etc

"More than 2,300 tons of sand are being trucked in to redo the bunkers, making the course more playable and easier to maintain. (Because of their unique look and design, Strantz courses can present more of a challenge when it comes to upkeep). Green complexes at Royal New Kent have been converted from bent grass to champion Bermuda and a new irrigation system is being installed that will help with drainage. Even the clubhouse is undergoing substantial upgrades."
I didn't mind the ruggedness of the bunkers either, they fit the design. Just wish the sand was as consistent as it once was when it opened. The course was always in great shape back in the day. Interesting on the green upgrade, by the time they closed there were probably 4 different species of grass on the greens. Having one will be wonderful.

I'm also curious if they will be priced similar to viniterra. For as fine a layout as it is, they are very reasonably priced.

I love that I work closer to RNK than in the past. Lots of opportunities to play.

This has been on my mind all day. Last time I played here was bitter sweet. Got to tee it up with a bunch of THPers, but the course was in the worst shape I ever saw it. And it put someone who shall remain nameless in the hospital!
2aefc5cf7a954e82d4a3262a5cdeae24.jpg
dba85a4729227fe500a69820a6ad3bf6.jpg
ba288fa8092a3a96470976a1ea2a4b4c.jpg

This has been on my mind all day. Last time I played here was bitter sweet. Got to tee it up with a bunch of THPers, but the course was in the worst shape I ever saw it. And it put someone who shall remain nameless in the hospital!

What time of the year did you play

That was an awesome day, played poorly but a great time was had by all.

Hottest day of August 2017.

So as not to be inaccurate, the regional rivalry was played in July 2016. The time I spoke of in my previous post was a non sanctioned thp gathering. That was a really hot day in August 2017. We played rnk in the morning and most of us went down the road to brickshire for an afternoon round.

Brickshire was horrible that day too, but that course was taken over by their HOA and supposedly is on its easy back to prominence.

One more quick note. Stonehouse, also a Mike Strantz design is also being brought back to life. Not sure if is the same viniterra group. Quirky layout.

So as not to be inaccurate, the regional rivalry was played in July 2016. The time I spoke of in my previous post was a non sanctioned thp gathering. That was a really hot day in August 2017. We played rnk in the morning and most of us went down the road to brickshire for an afternoon round.

Brickshire was horrible that day too, but that course was taken over by their HOA and supposedly is on its easy back to prominence.

One more quick note. Stonehouse, also a Mike Strantz design is also being brought back to life. Not sure if is the same viniterra group. Quirky layout.

Remember it well! I'm in if we do it again!

It's ok you can say it. It was me! It was hot as balls out that day. And it hit me hard

It's ok you can say it. It was me! It was hot as balls out that day. And it hit me hard

It was freaking brutal! March 31st reopen. 2 million spent, new bunkers, new greens, I'm excited!

Bump this thread for a rematch! Another outing in VA would be awesome!

As long as there is a VA player that matches up with my 110 shot or so round I am down, and if you don't mind helping me hunt for my ball.

As long as there is a VA player that matches up with my 110 shot or so round I am down, and if you don't mind helping me hunt for my ball.

All abilities are welcomed of course. And there will be a lot of eyes on the ball ... that won't be a problem.

Back