THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The first ever THP Regional Rivalry will take place in the summer of 2016 and it will pit Michigan vs Ohio.

It will be held in Ohio
8 Golfers from each state (including a captain)
36 Holes on Saturday
Dinner after golf
Trophy Presentation
THP Hall of Fame chance
Regional Rivalry exclusive SWAG & Prizes
And so much more.

When & Where
June 11th, 2016
Boulder Creek
Streetsboro, OH
http://www.bouldercreekohio.com/

Getting In
Getting to be a part of Regional Rivalry will be by open signup. As long as someone currently lives in one of the two states at the time of signup, and are a 2016 Albatross Club member, they can signup for the event. If you are not, and want information on how to join and help support the Humane Society shelters and animals in need, click here.

Captains
Team Ohio - mikedean441
Team Michigan - jdtox

Amazing MVP Trip
See this link for something special about this event.Here ya go and title of the thread is updated.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ent-Regional-Rivalry-Sponsored-By-True-Temper

Cost & Itinerary
Cost - $169
Must Arrive 30 minutes before tee time to go over rules
1st Tee Time - 7am
FlightScope time to demo clubs if people want it (although that is early)
Begin 4 Nine Hole Matches - 1 point available per 9 hole win per team
After Matches Dinner at a local restaurant we selected w/ prix fixe menu w/ trophy ceremony (if you plan on signing up, please do not be the person that plays & then leaves before dinner)
MVP will be announced at the THP Dinner afterwards and will involve every person in the event (and a panel following along on the forum) casting a vote.
At the time of selection, a $50 non refundable deposit will be due to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 45 days from start of the event.

Signing Up
Here is signup
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...THP-Regional-Rivalry-Sponsored-By-True-Temper

Formats
Match 1 - Teams & Opponents Stay Together for all 18
Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Modified Pinehurst

Match 2 - Teams & Opponents Stay Together for all 18
Front 9 - Best Ball (4 ball)
Back 9 - Alternate Shot

Matchups will be announced before the event date.
If you are not in the event, you are welcome to come out to the range prior to the guys going off and cheer the team on, and if space permits, join the fun at the dinner afterwards (there will be some costs for that) to enjoy the event celebration.

Teams
3 more choices still coming with captains picks
Team Ohio
mikedean441 - Captain
Gunner
misike
certifi_able
The Milk Man
Canadan
Philly V
robman7

Team Michigan
jdtox - Captain
Tpluff
jspangs Lions81
musicmaster6921
Solid6112
Wyzyguy
Stribs
Michigan Slice

First Round Matchups
2 Nine Hole Matches

Philly V & robman7
jdtox & Michigan Slice

Canadan & mikedean441
Lions81 & Solid5112

Gunner & Certifiable
Stribs & Musicmaster

The Milk Man & misike
tpluff & Wyzguy

Last edited:
I'll take Ohio in this one ;). Will be a fun event to follow and see how this idea evolves over time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Michigan!

Ohio all the way!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh baby! Let's go Ohio!

Now this is getting good! Ohio guys are going to be brawling amongst each other to get in. Michigan is ready for you anti-Ohio support.

Let's go OHIO!

drew-carey-o.gif

Oh yeah! Missed this one last week! Super pumped to support my Ohio brethren!!!

The Regional Rivalry is officially real real now!

Man 7 spots available. Ohio is gonna be a tough team to get on.

Don't mind being an underdog here!

A lot of the guys on the other side will be friends, and I have no issue doing everything I can to beat them.

A lot of the people rooting for Ohio are friends, I have no issue with their misguided faith.

Don't mind being an underdog here!

A lot of the guys on the other side will be friends, and I have no issue doing everything I can to beat them.

A lot of the people rooting for Ohio are friends, I have no issue with their misguided faith.

lol outside of Ohio, i dont see there being a ton of support for Ohio

This one was discussed quite a bit this weekend, looking forward to seeing everything unfold

Man 7 spots available. Ohio is gonna be a tough team to get on.

No kidding are we holding try outs?

No kidding are we holding try outs?

lol Gonna be interesting to see who the captains are and if they have a say in the selection process. Could make things pretty interesting

lol Gonna be interesting to see who the captains are and if they have a say in the selection process. Could make things pretty interesting

People are going to be lining up like Black Friday. However this one tops that by miles.

lol outside of Ohio, i dont see there being a ton of support for Ohio

Lol is there even Ohio support in Ohio?

Go Michigan

It just got real for you Michigan and Ohio folks!

Good luck to Ohio... You are gonna need it... GO MICHIGAN...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck to Ohio... You are gonna need it... GO MICHIGAN...

Not much luck is needed when you have skill on your side!

Not much luck is needed when you have skill on your side!

Might nice of you to notice that Michigan has the Skillz....️... Ready to tee it up for the great state of Michigan... We will bring some drinking water as well.. Hope to see you there hickerad..

Might nice of you to notice that Michigan has the Skillz....️... Ready to tee it up for the great state of Michigan... We will bring some drinking water as well.. Hope to see you there hickerad..

Just please don't bring any water from Flint. We don't need that lead poisoning down here.

touché! Hope to see you there as well but all you be seeing is me kicking some Michigan @$$!

Back