THP Roundup - Bluetooth Speakers For Golf Review

Oh... and it has a 1/4 threaded mount like a camera so it can be mounted on a clicgear handle. I haven't done it yet but plan to!

Ok that just moved it to the top of the list for me. I havent found a good use for that screw thing yet and this would be perfect

UE boom is expensive, OUCH!

Oh... and it has a 1/4 threaded mount like a camera so it can be mounted on a clicgear handle. I haven't done it yet but plan to!
That's a super cool feature.

This speaker wasn't in the roundup, but I thought I would mention it, as I was able to pick one up at Target for $15 off. I think the discount is in-store only, though.

http://gprojectgear.com/products/g-pop

I used it on the range yesterday, and the sound is pretty good. It has a ring on it that you can use with a carabiner to clip to your bag. Pairing with my phone was effortless. I do wish it had buttons for skipping tracks, though. Was worth the $25 experiment so far.

Interesting information. It would never occur to me to purchase a speaker for music on a golf course. But, for casual rounds, it sure could make the time more enjoyable.

If you walk and carry your bag, the Soundchuck is so awesome. Incredibly convenient and the sound is more than loud enough.

I use an ihome speaker designed for a car cup holder. I put it in my bag's drink holder and it works perfectly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

A bit of a sale today, but still a little high.
http://www.dailysteals.com/?ref=cj#d/21404
Another deal:
[h=2]Ultimate Ears BOOM by Logitech Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth / NFC Speaker[/h]
UE_BoomL2.jpg

Your Price $115.99
https://www.shnoop.com/

The below write-up if based on the KitSound PocketBoom XB speaker that I won from THP. Enjoy!

---

This 'little' bluetooth speaker is flat out amazing. Let me say that again, this 'little' speaker produces such an amazing sound for it's size. My jaw about hit the floor when I saw how small the package was lol.

Anyways, I paired this little guy up in about 5 seconds and began listening to Spotify 2 seconds later. The synchronization process is pretty darn simple and quick..no password needed...just toggle on bluetooth and the thing pairs up in seconds.

Just a quick story. Prior to taking this thing to the range, my wife and I volunteer at a local homeless shelter every other Saturday and we typically just cook the food in the kitchen while we chit-chat with other individuals cooking along. Long story short, I took this speaker with me and everyone thought it was the coolest, most amazing, most cutest, best sounding bluetooth speaker they've heard in a long time. Many were so surprised with amount of bass this thing bumped out. So as you can imagine, we cooked food for the less fortunate while jamming to some tunes that morning.

Now to the golf story. I went to the driving range this past Sunday because it about 55 degrees here in Southeast Michigan...and let me tell you, the course and range were slammin...and I thought to myself 'hey, what a great opportunity to test the speaker out!'. So again, I turned on the device and switched on my bluetooth setting in my phone and the pairing process took seconds. I then opened up Spotify and turned on some old-school rock music. Because I tend to be considerate to most, I decided to keep the volume to a minimum because some people get easily annoyed. Well, after just a few short minutes, the people hitting behind me and in front of me suggested that I turn the sound up because they were enjoying the tunes I had on!!!

Long story short....I highly recommend you pick one of these up if you're tired of listening to music the old fashion way (i.e. phone in pocket and ear-buds dangling around). Do yourself a favor and check out the speaker here.

The below picture is taken from the KitSound website. I took some hi-res photos myself, but saved them to my personal computer and I'm currently at work. But hey, at least I'm jamming to some tunes via the bluetooth speaker right now!

image.jpg

That's pretty awesome golf3rguy. Glad you're enjoying it!

The KS is a great little model. JB let me use it on Saturday and I was quite impressed with what $40 or less can get you. Worked seamlessly once I connected to it via the Bluetooth option on my phone.

Its my go to speaker right now. It is sitting on my desk and I bring it to the course (although rarely use it). It fits inside a cup holder or many other places and puts out good sound all in a package of around $50.

Thanks for the review golf3rguy. It is down to the KS or Puma soundchuck for me. I walk most of my rounds so the Puma may get the nod.

Im so enamored with the KitSound PocketBoom XB that I may get a 2nd one. One for desk and one for golf bag. They are so small and its nearly hidden at all times and puts out pretty decent sound for my use.

Im so enamored with the KitSound PocketBoom XB that I may get a 2nd one. One for desk and one for golf bag. They are so small and its nearly hidden at all times and puts out pretty decent sound for my use.

I'm glad you like it....you were awfully close to leaving Lake Charles without it.

After hearing you rave about it, I ordered one for my golf bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you like it....you were awfully close to leaving Lake Charles without it.

Yeah, I know you are a big fan too.

Sounds like a good little device to have at the King practice round boys! :guitar::bomb:

would love to check it out at the end of the month if you bring it with you.... i've been pondering one for the gym at work,golf course and the locker room before hockey games. i just worry it won't be loud enough with all of these bluetooth speakers.

would love to check it out at the end of the month if you bring it with you.... i've been pondering one for the gym at work,golf course and the locker room before hockey games. i just worry it won't be loud enough with all of these bluetooth speakers.

Depending on size, you can have them go quite loud. I believe the Round Up on the home page touches on this a bit.

Depending on size, you can have them go quite loud. I believe the Round Up on the home page touches on this a bit.

yeah i've read through the reviews here and online i think i need to find a happy medium i don't want anything to big but want it loud... might go to best buy and see if they have a few out to test out...i got a $100 giftcard for there burning a hole in my pocket.

Back