THP Roundup - Bluetooth Speakers For Golf Review

The wife surprised me with this little speaker, slightly bigger than an iPhone.

Love the carabiner for hooking onto my bag. Weatherproof, shock proof, and designed for outdoor use. Retails for $50 on amazon.

Pairing was easy and sound is more than enough for course, will be fantastic for beach.

]

How is the size and weight on that one cookie?

Using Tapatalk

About this item
Features
UPC: 819921010919
Weight: 0.950 lbs
Product Details
Manufacturer:SabrentManufacturer reference:SP-BYTA

Product Dimensions:6 inches x 4 inches x 3 inches

Ordered the Puma Sound Chuck in Blue off of Amazon today, for $112 (+$5 for shipping)

I hope I get it before the weekend.

bumping an old thread. Since I've been playing alone most nights during the week, I have been cranking the tunes on the course. Was using a Soundchuck for a while at the end of the last year. For Christmas my sister bought me this Roverbeats bluetooth speaker. Been using this one more lately than the soundchuck, mainly because of size. On my clicgear I just throw it in the netting, and when it a cart it fits perfectly in the cup holder. Battery life on it has been extremely good. Anyway just throwing it out there for anyone looking for a good, inexpensive way to rock out on the course. Below is a picture from practicing on the green last night and you can see it on the right side of the pic.

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-RoverBeats-Portable-Bluetooth-Resonator/dp/B00FJILVDS

0990dd2d94a60c659d5d8ea3d8c944f3.jpg

Frank Sinatra never sounded so sweet.

bumping an old thread. Since I've been playing alone most nights during the week, I have been cranking the tunes on the course. Was using a Soundchuck for a while at the end of the last year. For Christmas my sister bought me this Roverbeats bluetooth speaker. Been using this one more lately than the soundchuck, mainly because of size. On my clicgear I just throw it in the netting, and when it a cart it fits perfectly in the cup holder. Battery life on it has been extremely good. Anyway just throwing it out there for anyone looking for a good, inexpensive way to rock out on the course. Below is a picture from practicing on the green last night and you can see it on the right side of the pic.

http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-RoverBeats-Portable-Bluetooth-Resonator/dp/B00FJILVDS

0990dd2d94a60c659d5d8ea3d8c944f3.jpg

I use this same exact speaker and its pretty fantastic for the price. The fact it fits perfectly in a cupholder makes it great also as you just drop it in and you don't have to worry about it moving or falling out of the cart.

Haven't read all the posts but the original list left out one of the best options. The UE Boom is a great little speaker. Long battery life, sounds good and it fits in the cup holder of the cart.

Haven't read all the posts but the original list left out one of the best options. The UE Boom is a great little speaker. Long battery life, sounds good and it fits in the cup holder of the cart.

Thats good to hear! I just bought one and it should be here today. Planning on using the ring to hang it from my push cart and have some jams while I play my rounds. Can't wait!

Thought I would bump this one back up. The Puma SoundChuck has been getting a lot of looks from THPers (I've been a big promoter of it recently) but there are a lot of other choices out there. And I gotta admit that ever since the Staff Retreat in November, I have been on the SoundChuck bandwagon (thanks, cookie) and bought one for the home and one for the golf course.

But do check out the other choices, even if I really never did.

Smalls with music on the course..

Time to break out my sweater.

Got a Bose SoundLink Color in the bag currently, but have the Puma SoundChuck coming in tomorrow. Will see which one stays with the bag soon ... may worry less about the SoundChuck being in the cart.

Keeping an eye on this thread. I'm looking to getting a bluetooth speaker for the course.

Keeping an eye on this thread. I'm looking to getting a bluetooth speaker for the course.
Have you not seen the stupid good deal for the Puma soundchuck on Amazon?

I use the UE Boom and its amazing. Good sound quality and very loud. What it does admittedly lack is good bass. Fits into a golf cart cup holder or can clip onto the bag.

I saw how cheap the sound chuck is but haven't read any good reviews on sound quality.

I have a Bose Soundlink Mini and it has wonderful sound with really good bass. Doesn't fit into a cupholder, but fits into the net of a clicgear or the cubby on either side of a cart.

I use the UE Boom and its amazing. Good sound quality and very loud. What it does admittedly lack is good bass. Fits into a golf cart cup holder or can clip onto the bag.

I saw how cheap the sound chuck is but haven't read any good reviews on sound quality.

There are definitely better sounding offerings that the Soundchuck....but most of those will come with a price tag substantially higher and *most* aren't as "cart or rider friendly" as the Soundchuck.

Most other devices will slide or roll in a cart or have no way to easily attach to a walkers bag. The Soundchuck when less than $60 is a fantastic deal IMO.

Also good to keep in mind that the Puma is really meant for on the go, if seeking a device that you can also use at home then I would go Bose or Klipsch but again they aren't really course/cart friendly. Plus - how loud do you really want to get on the course? Puma is plenty loud and sounds good enough for on course usage.

I have the Braven BRV-PRO with the solar recharge panel. Great sound

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Ditto, I love mine, fits in a cart cup or push cart cup.

Rambler had one we paired together in MN, so much fun to have dual speakers!!!

Have you not seen the stupid good deal for the Puma soundchuck on Amazon?

I agree that the red soundchuck is a great deal. I just want to make sure I get something I'm going to like. I have a friend who uses a Bose Soundlink II that sounds amazing. He has a case that velcros onto the cart. There are tons of bluetooth speakers out there (I just went to CES).

I picked up a Toshiba 3.5 oz Bluetooth speaker that I can carry as well as use in a cart. It does not fit in the cup holder but blasts nicely from the cart front AND has a 8 hr battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am loving the GOLFJAMS speaker I got in the THP holidays grab bag. With two different size mounts for the cart and industrila strength velcro, this thing does not move. It has good crisp sound. Def a cart speaker as it adds some weight to the carry bag.

Just got the Soundchuk thanks to the crazy Amazon deal.....I can say it will serve any music needs I have while on the course

love this style of review, comparing similar product directly. Very cool, valuable stuff!

Back