THP Shaft Event - Sponsored By UST Mamiya

There will be a slightly heavier version (59g) soon in both R, S and X!

Danny

Nope they dont, the brain is great at getting in the way. Happens to us all at times.
Agreed. Hitting in a bay on camera in front of a bunch of THPers can definitely mess with your swing.

Agreed. Hitting in a bay on camera in front of a bunch of THPers can definitely mess with your swing.
Not what I meant at all, but its all gravy.

We're on the same page, just pointing out that *anything* can mess with your swing. Weekly lessons at GolfTEC have taught me that the hitting bay isn't the course, and you can have different swings based on the situation. It gives me a huge respect for people that do club fittings, and points out the challenges sometimes when people get fit then don't see the gains they're expecting on the course.

After hitting NightHawk's in MN I can't wait to try one for an extended period of time! Love the look.

There will be a slightly heavier version (59g) soon in both R, S and X!

Danny

Well this is intriguing. I would love to give the heavier weight a go. Still enjoying mine but feel like a little heavier would get me more in my comfort zone

Testing Elements Helium 5F5 out right now on tour. You should see these some time next year.

Elements Helium 4F2 (A), 4F3 (R), 4F4 (S)
Elements Helium 5F3 (R), 5F4 (S), 5F5 (X)

Danny

I still game mine. In fact I had probably the best round off the tee in my life a few weeks back at Erin Hills. Hit 12/14 fairways and the two that I missed were basically in. It took some time to fully adjust to it but I am getting increasingly more and more confident with it as the weeks go by. Any issues I have with it are all on me. I'll have it in my bag in Iowa next month and at Disney if anyone wants to try it.

The finish on it is a head turner and I've had a few guys and a caddie ask me about it. The non THPers that have hit it have loved it as well. The iRod in my hybrid that I got during the event is unbelievable. Took a couple of rounds to adjust and ever since its been the best club in my bag, if I ever change hybrids that shaft is going in it. Now I just need to pull the trigger at the end of the year on XR irons with recoils.

Testing Elements Helium 5F5 out right now on tour. You should see these some time next year.

Elements Helium 4F2 (A), 4F3 (R), 4F4 (S)
Elements Helium 5F3 (R), 5F4 (S), 5F5 (X)

Danny
Can't wait to try 4F4 and 5F4!!!

Orange Hog is loaning me is shaft from the event. I put it straight in play Sunday at True Blue without so much as taking a single swing on the range and I pounded Fairways with it. I think the 55g range is perfect for me. Ball flight was mid-high which is what I was looking for. Can't wait to get this thing on course again.

Orange Hog is loaning me is shaft from the event. I put it straight in play Sunday at True Blue without so much as taking a single swing on the range and I pounced Fairways with it. I think the 55g range is perfect for me. Ball flight was mid-high which is what I was looking for. Can't wait to get this thing on course again.

You would love this one full time Dev. Longer and higher ball flight will produce far more carry for you.

You would love this one full time Dev. Longer and higher ball flight will produce far more carry for you.
I definitely saw some distance gains and a distinct ball flight difference than the Matrix HD 4 I was playing. Also I had being hitting a pretty big fade as of late and it straightened it out a bit which helped me alot. I am really excited to get it back out and see if it was just the honeymoon phase or if it legit has changed my tee game that much.

Its a damn good shaft. One I'd have zero issues playing full time.

I've been gaming mine for the past month or so. I like the carry I am seeing as well as the launch. It's a lot of fun to play.

I saw results gregdan's that had me rethinking the whole heavier shaft thing I have come use. I wish I was in the same group as him at LIITA so I could have hit it on the course

I can't wait for this shaft to go to production. I'm loving the Elements Chrome in my new D200. I'd seriously consider buying one of these when it comes out to upgrade.

Noticed there was a chrome elements proto being used this week at the Frys. I was just curious if it's this shaft?

Noticed there was a chrome elements proto being used this week at the Frys. I was just curious if it's this shaft?

I don't believe so. They are testing a heavier elements version I think is what Danny said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe so. They are testing a heavier elements version I think is what Danny said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was hopeful, and the disappoint continues haha

What are the biggest differences between this and the Chrome+?

What are the biggest differences between this and the Chrome+?

The Chrome+ is designed to launch higher than its original Chrome counterpart.

The Chrome+ is designed to launch higher than its original Chrome counterpart.
I know the difference between the Chrome and the plus but what about the Proto, what makes that different?

The Proto we got in this event is a completely different lineup. It was designed to be light but stable throughout the shaft. I'm not sure how much is allowed to be discussed on a public forum without violating their non-disclosure agreement we signed. Maybe JB can chime in on exactly what details/specs are available.

As for the Proto on tour it's my understanding that it's what Taylor said above. Just a heavier Chrome shaft.

Back