Tour Event THP Thoughts?

It really sucks that he doesn't have a chance to qualify, but their are exempt players for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised that they limit the field to the exempt players. Has there been a determination yet?

I really hope they don't do that. It'll hardly be an "Open" if they do that. The easiest way would be to have the same field as last year. Maybe add a couple if there are some who would have qualified based on performance since last year, but I don't know how many they could feasibly add and not make it impossible.

I really hope they don't do that. It'll hardly be an "Open" if they do that. The easiest way would be to have the same field as last year. Maybe add a couple if there are some who would have qualified based on performance since last year, but I don't know how many they could feasibly add and not make it impossible.

I would much rather have the US Closed happen than the US Didn't Get Played. It is very hard to be safe with that many people. The more players you have the more support staff you need. If things are progressing in a positive manner in regards to the pandemic, they can add players at a later date.

I would much rather have the US Closed happen than the US Didn't Get Played. It is very hard to be safe with that many people. The more players you have the more support staff you need. If things are progressing in a positive manner in regards to the pandemic, they can add players at a later date.

Plenty of tournaments will have been played by that point. The logistics can be worked out ahead of time. They won't be treading new water any longer.

The field will be reduced I believe to 144 players to take into account less daylight. I'm more curious how they will treat the amateurs. For starters go with the NCAA champion, Amateur and British Amateur champions, Mid-am champion perhaps runner-ups and maybe top 10 in WAGR give or take. No fool proof system as someone deserving will be left out.

Back