THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The THP Tour Van is hitting the road for a few weeks in September and stop #3 is Des Moines, IA. Because we have THPers scattered throughout the Midwest, we wanted to pick a place that works best for everybody and because of that have chosen the Des Moines area.

The Date
Saturday the 15th of September

The Course
Tournament Club of Iowa

hole16_photo.jpg

http://www.tcofiowa.com/index.asp

This is an Arnold Palmer designed course and consistently ranked as one of the best public courses in Iowa. Expect forgiving tee shots followed by demanding approaches, lots of evelation changes, and water on 13 of 18 holes. The five par 3's are often said to be the best collection in the state.

Rates will be $54/18 holes with carts outfitted with GPS.

First tee time on Saturday will be 11:00am
First tee time on Sunday will be 9:00am

The Itinerary
Some Giveaways.
Some Demo Items.
Some Golf.

We will arrive early and hit the range and there will be demo clubs on board. If you are an Albatross Club member, you can request any club you would like THP to bring. If we have it, it will make the trip. If you are not a member, but want to become one and help assist THP, you can right here. Of course we are coming to play golf, so come on out and tee it up with GolferGal and myself. Figure range time in the morning and then golf in the late morning early afternoon.

If people are planning on staying over, we can get together for dinner or drinks in the evening and see what the midwest is all about. Then if there are some that are planning on making a couple of days of this, we might even be up for a round on Sunday too.

We want to thank Hawk for assisting us in the planning and the setup. He has his work cut out for him, but we have complete faith in his abilities to assist us in getting this to be an awesome THP Tour Van Event.

Don't forget that if you come out to the THP Tour Van, there are some cool SWAG items to pick up.
The exclusive THP Tour Van Pukka Hats that are only available on the Range Finder RV.

Along with those fine hats
Some KBS Custom Shafts
Bridgestone Golf Balls
SCOR Hats
And Much Much More!!!

The THP Tour Van Texas Event was an absolute blast and you can see the recaps for that weekend here.

As we get closer to this event, we will put together tee times as well as need a proper count for who will be coming out. We hope to see you in Des Moines for a great time.

Last edited:
Important Info

Itinerary-

Saturday:
9am - Meet at driving range for demo time and some pre-round fun. Maybe get a bit to eat if you are hungry.
11am - Tee times start
6pm - Meet at Buffalo Wild Wings in Ankeny for some dinner and drinks.

Sunday:
8-8:30am - pre round warm up. Nothing formal here.
9am - Tee times start

Saturday
GroupTimePlayers
111:00JB, Bulldog, Jman, blugold
211:10Hawk, GolferGal, IceyShanks, jjmorris
311:20Puttin4Bird, Cookie, Howzat, Jrod
411:30dleavitt39, McRock, TexasHacker
511:40bhilln, Sleuth, WessCook, Mulligan9111
611:50baldcopper, DonW, cj3ap2, fairband
712:00Duey, Brad, crazygolfnut
812:10TripleBogieTim, Janitor4U, Nate
912:20Smallville, Dan the Man, Terry Earll, White Rhino
Sunday
GroupTimePlayers
19:00Hawk, JB, Puttin4Bird, TexasHacker
29:10Jman, Jrod, baldcopper, bhilln
39:20McRock, Cookie, WessCook
49:30Patrick, jjmorris, Nate, fairband
59:40Smallville, Dan the Man, DonW, bulldog
69:50dleavitt39, Howzat, Janitor4U
710:00White Rhino, Duey, TripleBogieTim, Brad
810:10Crazygolfnut, Ben, Sleuth

You can get hotel accomodations here:

http://www.daysinn.com/hotels/iowa/ankeny/days-inn-ankeny-des-moines/hotel-overview

105 NE Delaware Ave, I-35 Exit 92, Ankeny, IA 50021 US

Phone: 1-515-965-1995
The rates are a little different than I said originally, but not much different.

Single/57.99
Double/64.99

You don't need to mention my name or THP, but do tell them that you are part of a group and we were quoted whatever rate pertains to you. Only one person out of a shared room needs to call and reserve and you won't be charged until you arrive like any other hotel.

At this point, the rest is up to you unless you are still looking for a roommate. In that case, I'd still be glad to help. I'd recommend calling and booking soon so you don't get stuck staying somewhere else.

Hotel Accomodations:

RoomWho?FridaySaturday
1HaggisYes
2Howzat/Mrs Whozat/JakeYesYes
3BulldogYesYes
4McRockYes
5Jake and jjmorrisYes
6Cookie and NateYesYes
7Jrod and DueyYesYes
8WessCook and dleavittYesYes
9Hawk and bhillnYes
10crazygolfnutYes
11Janitor4UYesYes

Last edited:
This one should be loaded with awesome

Very cool - this is one that I am doing my best to make if funding/logistics workout! The date definitely works for me.

Booooooooom!!!!!!! Count me in like Flynn!

This will definitely be filled with awesome. I've got some things brewing to make it a great time for anybody that makes the trip. Hoping to have some out-of-state visitors as well. Maybe another Cookie/Hawk showdown?

sweet!! Hawk will do a great job!

This will definitely be filled with awesome. I've got some things brewing to make it a great time for anybody that makes the trip. Hoping to have some out-of-state visitors as well. Maybe another Cookie/Hawk showdown?

Ha, you know I am always game!

Awesome announcement, the date should work out perfectly! I know I'll be rolling with a pretty good size crew from Sioux Falls, hope to see tons of THP'ers there!

Hawk you rock dude, if there's anything I can help out with don't hesitate to ask buddy!

Yargh...the day of the Nebraska-Arkansas State game. At least it's only Arkansas State. This event is now on the calendar. I hope to make it!!

Yargh...the day of the Nebraska-Arkansas State game. At least it's only Arkansas State. This event is now on the calendar. I hope to make it!!

To be fair, wouldnt any Saturday at that time of year be an issue? I mean its Arkansas St right?

Awesome, HuskAir. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hoping to have an announcement about the course today!

Looking forward to the course announcement!

Count me in for this one for sure!

I will make sure my ex brother in law attends this event!

Yes! Wow Smallie, we're going to get to hang out twice this golf season, that's awesome!

It will be a Morgan Cup Victory reunion tour!

Oh snap crackle and pop sizzle! The packers play a thursday nighter that week! Say hello to a great start to the weekend. Just win baby.

Here's the bad news, Smalls - Otter Creek was tied up that weekend.

The good news is that you get to see Jake. I'm telling everybody that alone is worth the trip right there. Not to mention all the swag.

The good news is that you get to see Jake. I'm telling everybody that alone is worth the trip right there. Not to mention all the swag.
You're clearly speaking of someone pretty amazing, I'd like to meet this Jake guy myself!

Then ignore my PM. hahaha

Is that Mo_Hacker? He's not your ex bro in law is he? Either way, we need him too, he rocks.
Nope, that's Dan K. He was at the last outing in Ankeny.

To be fair, wouldnt any Saturday at that time of year be an issue? I mean its Arkansas St right?

It's actually great planning, as the first bye isn't until October 13th. Husker football will not be a reason I am unable to attend, I will tell you that. :)

I can't wait to show up and top some 3 woods!

I can't wait to show up and top some 3 woods!

I love my 3-wood... if I try some others, mine might get jealous. :(

I can't wait to show up and top some 3 woods and twirl my way back to the cart!

I'm looking forward to that as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back