THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a tip you can go to http://www.kravejerky.com and you can order it delivered to your door. For those flavors the store might not have.

Thanks for the link. Was cleaning out my golf bag and found some Basil Citrus that I am snacking on right now. Mrs. Whozat would bust somebody at the knee caps if you got between her and some Smoked Chipotle.

Thanks for the link. Was cleaning out my golf bag and found some Basil Citrus that I am snacking on right now. Mrs. Whozat would bust somebody at the knee caps if you got between her and some Smoked Chipotle.

I have gotten that way with the Grilled Teriyaki. Yum!!!

edy6a4uh.jpg

Nearly canned an 82 foot birdie putt on that hole. about the only thing I did right all round

Nearly canned an 82 foot birdie putt on that hole. about the only thing I did right all round

If the pin placements were in the opposite spots each day I would have had 2 footers. As it was I had at least 80 feet for birdie myself each day and had to make 12 foots for par. What a fun hole.

that hole looks awesome from the tee though, doesn't it. I came out of a 7 iron off the tee and hit it terrible. ended up on the back right edge and putted it to a tap in. It was blind luck, really. I was lucky enough to have a late enough tee time where the putting green had cleared before the round so I could practice some cross green putts which I stepped off at an estimated 60-ish feet, so when I had that putt on that hole I just hit it harder than I hit the 60 footers and hoped I got it within 10 feet, lucky it just rolled past the hole a couple of inches, kind of ridiculous really.

Those greens were really nice, I thought they rolled beautifully. They didn't break all that much, which is fine, just an observation and maybe not as speedy as they could have been but those might have been products of the pin placements.

that hole looks awesome from the tee though, doesn't it. I came out of a 7 iron off the tee and hit it terrible. ended up on the back right edge and putted it to a tap in. It was blind luck, really. I was lucky enough to have a late enough tee time where the putting green had cleared before the round so I could practice some cross green putts which I stepped off at an estimated 60-ish feet, so when I had that putt on that hole I just hit it harder than I hit the 60 footers and hoped I got it within 10 feet, lucky it just rolled past the hole a couple of inches, kind of ridiculous really.

Those greens were really nice, I thought they rolled beautifully. They didn't break all that much, which is fine, just an observation and maybe not as speedy as they could have been but those might have been products of the pin placements.

The whole course was in very good shape. That whole is so much fun with the great view and then it feels like forever after you hit the tee shot and wait for it to finally come down.

JRod said:
JMan: I was looking forward to this as soon as I heard about the pairings. We get a long great on the forum and it only continued on the golf course. The scary part is you remind me of me. I don't know if that's a compliment or not but it's a shame we don't live closer, I could see us playing golf a lot and having a blast. Keep it real bro.

Its GOOD for us and scary as hell for the rest of the world dude!

I love the write ups, I miss you all like crazy! FREAKING IOWA! Who would have ever thought it, right?

Pictures from Saturday:

On the range:
IMG_1051.jpg

Jake in a "spot of bother":

IMG_1054.jpg

Jake, Cookie, JRod, and I:

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

I really did, the state of Iowa really surprised me. Sure there was a lot of corn (A LOT) but it was also so clean, the people were so nice, and I just liked the overall feel of the state. I am now a huge fan of midwestern hospitality.
Have to agree with that part. I only transplanted out here over a year ago from Chicago. Strangers randomly walking by in the parking lot, or inside of a store tell me good morning, how are you doing? My gut reaction is, sorry I don't have any change. I'm finally getting used to it and have a proper response - good, how are you?

Anyway, for my quick write up:

This was my first outting. I wasn't really nervous as most people here seemed. I'm used to getting thrown into strange environments, after all I chose to move to IA. It's also part of my line of work, interacting with random people and whatnot. I was more ackward with my introductions. Should I introduce myself as Mike, my real name? Or Sleuth my forum name? I know gamers go by there pseudonyms and I ain't no gamer!!! I haven't met up with an online group before so the names took some getting used to.

Anyway, I hope you all liked Beaver Creek. It's where I call home and play my league events and practice rounds. It was a little beat up from the drought, but let me assure you the other option Otter Creek wouldn't have faired any better. So you all just saved yourself some coin :act-up:. TCI was great as usual. You guys make me feel bad that I don't play that course enough. This was my first time out there this year. I play a lot of the nicer local courses out here on the weekends, but never really go out to TCI.

JB, GolferGal and Hawk - thank you for organizing this function. Great job and I know what kind of time and resources are required for organizing an outing. Wish I could have chatted you up some more but I was still figuring out who everyone was.

McRock - Sorry you got stuck with me Day 1. Awesome meeting you though. It's always fun getting grouped with a native and talking about local stuff. And I agree you should not have seen that swing coach before you came to play this event :clown: Sorry I had to say it! Just remember the goods shots you had, I can think of a few. I'll definitely play another round with you in the near future.

DonW - What an easy going guy. Super easy to talk to. I just love your demeanor and swagger out there. Ain't nothing gonna get you down.

WessCook - Great guy with some power behind that swing. Wish you could hit driver more, don't ya? I'll have to let you know if I'm in the Bay area.

BHillin - Dude, I still feel bad. Sorry again! My phone made a notification sound in his backswing on the #3, Par 3. Yep, I'm that guy. I forgot to silence and leave the phone in the cart - I usually do. We all know how this ends. It was still great playing with you regardless if you hate me forever.

Mulligan9111 - The gentle giant. I could just tell by looking at you you could probably crush the ball. I wasn't wrong. Hoping to playing golf with you in the future in a different golf cart bud. Hope my sweet IA outfit didn't burn your eyes too bad.

CrazyGolfNut - Thanks for putting up with my buddy and I. Love your smooth, effortless looking swing. I'll have to let you, Mulligan and the other local Omahan's know when I'm in your area next.

And to the others I didn't get the opportunity to play with but meet: JB, GolferGal, J4U, Hawk, Cook, Nate, White Rino, Jrod, Bulldog, Duey, Triplebogeytim, and I'm sure there's plenty I left off but don't have the time to recount since my kids screaming. It was great shooting the breeze with you all. I'll try to make other events in the future. You'll at least still find me on the boards posting random thoughts.

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

The whole course was in very good shape. That whole is so much fun with the great view and then it feels like forever after you hit the tee shot and wait for it to finally come down.

That course is visually very great. it helps to be in excellent shape (especially the greens, pure greens can cure a lot of ills) but the sightlines and visuals were also outstanding.

I had a nice time. Unfortunately my schedule precluded me from having a more fullfilled experience, Ideally I would have liked to have either gotten down friday night or stayed and played on sunday as well which was unfortunately not an option. I could have put on my social hat better and integrated myself with more folk. As it was when I got there on saturday I was, we'll say less than rested and out of it (I think I met jman and dleavitt and maybe even you howzat by the standbags on the range where I was as sociable and interesting as a guilty man waiting on his lawyer in an interrogation room), and after the round when I finally had my brain moving and was more lively, I had to leave. c'est la vie.

For the time I did have, it was a great time. fairband and donw were fun playing partners and really great dudes, it was real cool to meet and play with them, except for hole 12. I met duey on the range, I talked to one of the nebraska gentlemen about football and I had a small chat with hawk about cleveland putters. I'd certainly want to go again and really get to meet everybody

Some serious putting going on with quarters on the line.

Jrod who was my blanket for more of the round:

IMG_1074.jpg

Cookie:

IMG_1072.jpg

My new Captain?

IMG_1070.jpg

Nice pick of me with my Betti:

IMG_1069.jpg

The recaps are still kicking butt guys! Keep the pictures and the thoughts coming, all I can think about is wishing I was back at BWWs with you guys

That course is visually very great. it helps to be in excellent shape (especially the greens, pure greens can cure a lot of ills) but the sightlines and visuals were also outstanding.

I had a nice time. Unfortunately my schedule precluded me from having a more fullfilled experience, Ideally I would have liked to have either gotten down friday night or stayed and played on sunday as well which was unfortunately not an option. I could have put on my social hat better and integrated myself with more folk. As it was when I got there on saturday I was, we'll say less than rested and out of it (I think I met jman and dleavitt and maybe even you howzat by the standbags on the range where I was as sociable and interesting as a guilty man waiting on his lawyer in an interrogation room), and after the round when I finally had my brain moving and was more lively, I had to leave. c'est la vie.

For the time I did have, it was a great time. fairband and donw were fun playing partners and really great dudes, it was real cool to meet and play with them, except for hole 12. I met duey on the range, I talked to one of the nebraska gentlemen about football and I had a small chat with hawk about cleveland putters. I'd certainly want to go again and really get to meet everybody

Glad you had a good time. I wish I would have got to spend some more time with everybody. Two days is just not enough time to get a chance to meet and talk with everyone with all that is going on.

Good stuff Howzat! My thanks to Trisha (Mrs Whozat :) ) for taking pics when I had no clue they were being taken. Love the "natural" shots!

Good stuff Howzat! My thanks to Trisha (Mrs Whozat :) ) for taking pics when I had no clue they were being taken. Love the "natural" shots!

And thanks to Trisha for the Bridgeslap hehe

And thanks to Trisha for the Bridgeslap hehe

Glad you were a good sport. It is all about having a little fun which is right up your alley. Nice to get a chance to meet you in person.

Glad you were a good sport. It is all about having a little fun which is right up your alley. Nice to get a chance to meet you in person.

You too man! After all those videos I never thought it would happen to me, but it was a lot of fun. I am now a member of the exclusive club that has been bridgeslapped

Those pictures are awesome, Howzat. Awesome of the Mrs. to make the trip with you.

Also...do you REALLY want to be on Jakes team? Sleep on it.

You too man! After all those videos I never thought it would happen to me, but it was a lot of fun. I am now a member of the exclusive club that has been bridgeslapped

Yes you are. It was a solid smack too.

Those pictures are awesome, Howzat. Awesome of the Mrs. to make the trip with you.

Also...do you REALLY want to be on Jakes team? Sleep on it.

The nice thing is that it is out of my hands. I can't go wrong either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back