THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
J4U, you are one cool guy and I'm glad you made it. You've been a great addition to THP.

Thanks Hawk, glad to be a part of this great group of people!

I had a blast playing with you man and I hope we can do it again soon! The good news is the snoring only lasted about 10 minutes and apparently I got to pay you back the next night!

Edit: Just saw Hawk's post and I couldn't agree more.

Back at ya big guy...it wasn't that bad, especially if you thought I was going to pass in my sleep...ha! Learned a lot just watching you swing those clubs!

Glad you had a good time J4U. You really had the iron game going on Sunday and hit those CMB's really well. It was a blast playing with and getting to know you a bit better. Hope you can make it to another THP event in the future.

Thank you, and it was a real good time! Was glad my game broke out from FRI/SAT and started to come back. Would have been nice to birdie 15 & 16, but after the previous days...par works just fine! We will meet again!

Hardest hole for me by far was hole 6. That hole is just a beast of a hole, especially with the wind in your face.

It forced you to go right off the tee, but too far and you were looking at a bunker that was something like 8 feet below the fairway.

I just remembered #10 where Jake hit a shot fatter than Oprah off the tee lol. I'm surprised he didn't break his wrist. His whole hybrid fit under the ground where he left the divot!

I just remembered #10 where Jake hit a shot fatter than Oprah off the tee lol. I'm surprised he didn't break his wrist. His whole hybrid fit under the ground where he left the divot!

That was funny, but feel for him. I did that on Friday at Beaver Creek with my 3I in the middle of the fairway...had to fill it back up before the cart could pass! Painfull is an understatement!

I don't ever want to see this thread die, every post just brings back great memories.

I missed the third hole left on Saturday and managed to get a bogey that felt like a birdie after seeing my tee shot. Hole 6 was quite the test, I knew better on Sunday and played it as a par 5 and made "par."

I am already looking forward to my next THP event!

It forced you to go right off the tee, but too far and you were looking at a bunker that was something like 8 feet below the fairway.

I got to witness this and it was indeed amazing.

What was everyone's toughest hole? Not sure how well everyone remembers the course but for me I think it has to be #12. Takes a perfect tee shot and still will probably leave you a real long iron into a tough green. I bogeyed it the first day then me and hawk just stopped trying on day 2 haha

+3 total on hole 6 and missed the green both times on 15. 18 I played the best.

Ok quick recap of the Iowa weekend:

Long drive... Dinner with the lovely Morgan ( gosh darn it).... Early morning at the driving range hit one good ball- that's enough for me.... Very nervous to Hit a chest putter in front of 30+ men, and well that sucked. Anyway lovely weather and course, official picture taker, golf, men, more men golfing.... Dinner at BWW, drinks, laughs and BRIDGESLAP!!!! Sunday 18 another beautiful day, watched wildlife golf.. Uh I mean watched some golf and spotted tons of wildlife on the course.... Long drive home, now to bed and back to work yuck!
Thanks to GG and JB for a lovely weekend, I enjoyed every minute ( even tho Erik stole all my swag!) looking forward to the outing and seeing many of you again!

18 I played the best.

I think you did a fine job throughout our round, but yes sir...18 was just text book!

Oops.. I seriously can't forget Hawk! You made this weekend awesome, terrific job with making all the plans and bringing me clubs to try out!

Hardest hole for me by far was hole 6. That hole is just a beast of a hole, especially with the wind in your face.
Yep, have to agree with #6. Doubled it the first day, parred it the second day. That green is absolutely locked down. I don't think #12 plays nearly as hard. Played it -1 over the 2 days, yes I'm bragging :D. And then we have my 2 most dreaded finishing holes in #17 and #18. I just ended up hitting 3W off the tee on #17 day 2, and was rewarded with a par. #18 is just a thorn in your side if you don't hit a good tee shot - going right side gives you an uphill long iron, and going down the middle/left to shorten the hole has you flirting with water.

TexasHacker went car hunting on 16 too lol.

I saw at least 8 golf balls go into the water on that hole over two days.

Didn't we both put one in the water with Morgan's 7i as well? Haha

TexasHacker went car hunting on 16 too lol.

I saw at least 8 golf balls go into the water on that hole over two days.

I pulled one and almost hit the tour van.

Didn't we both put one in the water with Morgan's 7i as well? Haha

Yeah, I don't think it was enough club!!!

JJ, your birdie, par, par finish of the front nine on Saturday was awesome!!!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Man I thought the Tour Van was way left. That's why I parked next to it.

It was way left. That's how I double parred that freaking hole.

Yeah, I don't think it was enough club!!!

JJ, your birdie, par, par finish of the front nine on Saturday was awesome!!!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

That felt great. Those moments are treasures when they are as spotty as they are. We made one hell of a team on that front nine, would kill to do that again!!

Iceybagger has no swagger! First line of the first song of the first album.

Well I have finally landed back in California.......tears.
Still need to get my luggage and get home. I wrote down some notes on the plane and will get that stuff up tomorrow. Back to reality I suppose.

I've been out of iowa for just over 24 hours, and am already missing all of ya'll. Full recap to come tomorrow morning

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

After over 2200 miles of driving I finally got home about 7:45 tonight....I will do a full write up later....had a blast and would make the drive again in a heartbeat to tee it up with everyone!

Here is me and White Rhino from Sunday with him wearing a Cowboys hat to pay off a bet to me from week 1's NFL games...he was a great sport and wore it the whole round. I may or may not have been slightly hung over at this point :D
IMG_0039.jpg

Callahan Tires 'A' team, you guys look like you've known each other for years.
After over 2200 miles of driving I finally got home about 7:45 tonight....I will do a full write up later....had a blast and would make the drive again in a heartbeat to tee it up with everyone!

Here is me and White Rhino from Sunday with him wearing a Cowboys hat to pay off a bet to me from week 1's NFL games...he was a great sport and wore it the whole round. I may or may not have been slightly hung over at this point :D
IMG_0039.jpg

Back to work today, I know my students just won't be as fun as my THP buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun Jman. Working yesterday sucked. All you do is come in here and recap holes and stuff that happened in your head

IMG_0039.jpg

Great looking cap there Rhino and when did you change teams buddy? I always thought you were a Falcons fan :D.... You guys do look kind of like brothers from another Mother :bulgy-eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back