THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great looking cap there Rhino and when did you change teams buddy? I always thought you were a Falcons fan :D.... You guys do look kind of like brothers from another Mother :bulgy-eyes:

You lose a bet you pay the price my friend. That is why I have that hat on. Although I might go get one, just for Nate...lol.

What was everyone's toughest hole? Not sure how well everyone remembers the course but for me I think it has to be #12. Takes a perfect tee shot and still will probably leave you a real long iron into a tough green. I bogeyed it the first day then me and hawk just stopped trying on day 2 haha

Definitely 12 for me. Could not get a hold of that hole both days. First day, smoked a 3i down the center, got blocked out by a tree on the right. Second day, hit a 4i, trying to play a little draw to nestle up to that ravine. Instead, I hit it a tad fat, end up with like 230 yards to carry to the front edge of the green. I say "ok, I'm laying up to take the high score out of the picture." After I hosel rocket, I still have like 190 yards to center, blocked out by the tree on the right, tried to play a fade, and the golfing gods have a funny sense of humor because it hooked terrible. That was also the start of my demise on the back nine Sunday. Probably needed Pro Mental Coach to get over that hole.

J4U - it was awesome having you there, and hope to tee it up with you sometime in the future!

~Rock

If the Cowboys lose this weekend and I find out you wore that hat I may have to get TBT to make another drive out to CA to get that hat back!

Ya hawk you hit a great drive on sunday on 17. I thought it was fun but it was a blast
He hit an amazing drive on 18 on Saturday, he was just saving the great drives for the finish!!!

TexasHacker went car hunting on 16 too lol.

I saw at least 8 golf balls go into the water on that hole over two days.
I was at least one of those into the water. I guess we were fishing on saturday!!!

That felt great. Those moments are treasures when they are as spotty as they are. We made one hell of a team on that front nine, would kill to do that again!!

Iceybagger has no swagger! First line of the first song of the first album.
I found the start to our album cover:
the-red-lines-poison-ivy-bell-record.jpg

I think you did a fine job throughout our round, but yes sir...18 was just text book!

Thanks buddy! It was fun walking off that hole and using your line, "Give me the usual". Ha!

If the Cowboys lose this weekend and I find out you wore that hat I may have to get TBT to make another drive out to CA to get that hat back!

As the details of the bet went, after the round, I took the hat off and handed it to TBT. It is his hat now. Of course I could go buy another if you think I caused the problems this weekend. LOL

I love reading all of these recaps!! Sounds like everyone had a blast at a beautiful golf course with an awesome group of THPers!! WR how many showers did you take to get that dirty feeling off of you after wearing that Cowboys hat?

I love reading all of these recaps!! Sounds like everyone had a blast at a beautiful golf course with an awesome group of THPers!! WR how many showers did you take to get that dirty feeling off of you after wearing that Cowboys hat?

The hotel I stayed at Sunday had a pool so I went for a quick swim hoping the chlorine in the pool would take case of some of that funk, then a quick dip in the jacuzzi with some nice hot water. In the room I took a shower and finally I am getting a haircut this week, maybe I will shave my head and that should do it I think. It is a very dirty feeling but you know that being with Dean.

IOWA!?!?

Another one in the books and a pretty solid time was had by all. Three days of beautiful courses, making new friends and reconnecting with old buddies of the past makes it truly tough returning to work and the real world on Monday. I'm not really the sappy kind, so I won't try to belabor how awesome everyone was here, but suffice in saying that a bunch of the THP community is as close to my heart as family. Making it to this event and being able to share the adventure with new member and good friend Brad was something very special. I know that Brad had an extremely good time and I was blown away at how well he seemed to fit in with everyone there. When he won the putter I actually felt like a proud father or something, nothing could make me happier. I was a bit disappointed that we missed out on the tourvan swag, I was looking forward to his rocking a few items around here and getting a few other locals excited for THP.

Seeing Josh and Morgan was great as always. I am so amazed at how hard these two work to create all the opportunities we all take for granted, yet they always stay so poised and gracious to the multitudes, although about the only comments I heard from JB was "Jake, better enjoy Duey now as this will be the last time you see him sober all weekend" and "We have a web site, you should try reading it some time", haha. Truth be told I'm almost always the first to bed at these things and alway sober. With the switch to day shift I should be around a bit more on the site and able to stay better connected soon.

Gordon, Smally & Dan, Jake, Hawk, JRod, and so many others from the past were great to see again. I will try to break out a bunch of you in another post to say just how much fun I had, but you guys were just a joy to see and hang with as always. Gordon, your game has flat come along, I was extremely impressed and can't wait to follow along as you are playing some solid golf. TBT, Texas Golfer, Slueth, Don W, Crazy Golf Nut, and several others I got to spend some time with were all solid players, makes me want to break the bank on some lessons just to keep up with these guys.

Jman, got you back dude, hahahaha. It was great meeting you finally and I still want the chance to play a round asap. I did get your tee shot in a video and will post soon, no doubt your game is out of my league, but will be a blast none the least. For those who don't know it, Jman and Bulldog came knocking on my door late Friday night and woke me up, so I returned the favor late Saturday.

I can't begin to post everyone I got to meet and enjoy, but off the top of my head TexasHacker, Mcook, Mulligan, Bluegold, dleavitt, J4u I really enjoyed conversing with, but I know there were many others. A number of you there I really didn't get to visit with much and I'm a bit sad about it, especially Mr and Mrs Howsat. I would have liked to spend a little more time getting to know you all.

Fridays round was fun, although I didn't enjoy the 5 mile cart ride to our hole and back to the club house after. Thats an ok course, super fast greens and tons of dogleg holes.

071.jpg

068.jpg

062.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

064.jpg

063.jpg

073.jpg

Pretty nice course, but a great group and a ton of fun.

More to come, but will break it up a bit.

ReplyReply AllMove...DraftsGolf TipsJobsSynced Messages

I am trying to figure out what the heck I am doing in that picture haha. Nice recap of Friday and pics Duey

Duey,

Was great to see you again and thank you for the kind words about my game. I have been trying hard to get it where I want it to be and it still remains a work in progress. I know alot more work remains and I am committed to get myself out on the course and range even more than I have been cause I know it is working and nice comments like yours just prove it. I had an absolute blast getting a round in with you on Sunday, it was a long time coming and like I mentioned earlier about playing with Smalls on Saturday I never pictured Iowa to be the place where it would of happened. I hope you can get to the outing in '13 and we can continue right from where we left off on the 18th hole on Sunday.

War Eagle, I am guessing the range and that hole run parallel to each other and JRod is swinging on the range.

War Eagle, I am guessing the range and that hole run parallel to each other and JRod is swinging on the range.
Ah ok. Looks like the guy back there is falling down.

B_Rad and I crashed extremely early Friday night. Neither of us had been feeling any to great and knew the next day would be huge. I think we made it to TCI around 8 or so jumped right into the fray. We talked about going to the tour van, but didn't want to disturb anyone, so went to the driving range first and never got back to the van, our loss. Brad winning the putter was beyond belief, he putted lights out through the rounds from any distance, but needs to work on his short putts.

Saturdays round was amazing. We both really enjoyed CrazyGolfNut, the guy is sneaky good and shot a very solid round. We all played pretty decent and Brad had a few shots that just defied logic. The guy hit drives the rest of us couldn't fathom, including driving that short par 4 with his hybrid, hahahaha. He putted for eagle from the back of the green.

091.jpg

090.jpg

088.jpg

One of my favorite pictures:

083.jpg

TCI was just a sweet course and I hope to get back there soon. My Sunday play started out hot with par on 5 of the first 7 or something. I putted very well all day, but just hit a wall with the rest of my game on the last 5 holes of the day. TBT started out a little rough, but found his stride and started playing very good golf. WR's game really impressed me all day and I enjoyed finally getting to actually spend a day with him on the course.

099.jpg

Wedding on 18
103.jpg

This was a short par 3 on the back where Brad's ball was on the side of this hill behind that cart. He actually shanked the ball right into the back of the cart and it stuck in one of the tubes of my bag, lmao.
111.jpg

112.jpg

120.jpg

Some more great pictures. B_Rad is a seriously long hitter. That is a bomb

The hotel I stayed at Sunday had a pool so I went for a quick swim hoping the chlorine in the pool would take case of some of that funk, then a quick dip in the jacuzzi with some nice hot water. In the room I took a shower and finally I am getting a haircut this week, maybe I will shave my head and that should do it I think. It is a very dirty feeling but you know that being with Dean.

Be careful making fun of Dean he now has the power to ban. I've already been warned about my making fun of him. HAHA like I would ever stop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back