THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
J4U, you are one cool guy and I'm glad you made it. You've been a great addition to THP.

To say that I was a little nervous going across the country to meet people I have never shared any experience with other than an internet forum, is an understatement. As a lot of you may have noticed, I am not the most forthcoming individual when it comes to meeting people. I hope none of you took offense to that or felt that I was offsetting. Have had too many bad experiences to open up quickly and often people can take me the wrong way. My advice, as I was that guy this weekend, DO NOT do it, put yourself out there! These people are truly family and there is nothing to fear. Too late for me at this outing, but for those going to the remaining two….GET OUT THERE AND I MEAN TOTALLY OUT THERE!

I really enjoyed putting a face to the forum names and say hello to everyone. With all the little reunions between veterans and amount of people there, I was unable to really spend time with a lot of you and that was unfortunate. It was great to see the interaction during the reunions and everybody acting like it was truly a family reunion, but one you looked forward to going to…lol.

It was truly a highlight of my golfing experiences and look forward to teeing it up with ANY of you down the road. May sounds like a good time to me, if not sooner!

More about the rounds to come later, just wanted to put something out there and thank all of you guys that made the trip...hidden within the spoiler.

Thanks a million guys!

Spoiler
JB:Got to get a fist bump on the driving range and observe his high speed movement between golfers and staffers looking to unwrap Christmas gifts in the form of staff bags full of goodness.

GolferGal :Was great to meet you on the Tour Van Saturday morning with the kids. Ellie must not be a morning dog or she doesn’t like facial hair. I know it wasn’t me, I had my razor look going..lol.

Jman:Man dude, you can talk…and tell it like it is! That was great watching you interact with others as well as yourself..lol. Keep the great reviews coming sir!

Fairband:You always had a huge smile on your face and was great finishing out the weekend on 18 with you.

Blugold:Debating aside, JK, you were really a down to earth guy!

Hawk:Thanks for the welcome in 102 allowing me the opportunity to provide a little comedy with the shotgun. Was surprised in how well you could still use your phone after satisfying you thirst so well…lol.

Duey:Was great meeting you on Friday and the pre-round event and a pleasure chatting before and after the round.

Brad:You picked a great weekend to join the family putter man! Great job and glad you could make it. Was great to meet you at the Friday round! Order you own pizza next time…that one was mine man!

Jjmorris:102 will never be the same, and thanks for offering up the “facial” summary for my outstanding shotgun performance. Now that was funny right there, how could someone not LMAO.

Puttin4Bird:Was great meeting you at the range and 102. Jake Nation…can see how everyone wants to be a part of it!

Cookie:Seeing the A Team roll in Friday night to the Resort/Inn was a sight to see and was great to meet you. I finally was able to see “The Swing” in person, and to tell you the truth, is great to watch!

Sleuth:I really didn’t intend to mimic you on Friday with the Iowa colors, but it was great meeting you and chatting on Friday.

WessCook: Was great meeting you Friday and Saturday at the range and representing Cali so well.

DonW:Talk about a laid back guy, was great to meet you and listen to the stories.

McRock:Friday Night lights was a good time and was a pleasure to meet you a share some stories.

Smallville:Was great to meet you and thanks for letting me know about Edwin Watts in KC, I had driven right past it a few times never knowing it was there!

Dan the Man:Down to earth and got to see that amazing sand shot that drained the bottom of the cup!

TexasHacker:Man dude, you can keep those vocal cords vibrating and with levels unheard of. Especially at midnight in a parking lot…lol! Great to meet you and share some stories. However, the shotgunning of beers is well left to the younger kids with experience…lol. Thanks for the opportunity to attempt to relive my youth in total disaster!

White Rhino:You my friend, were the first THPer that I met and what a great job you did in helping me calm my nerves! I can’t thank you enough for hanging in there for me, especially during my first ever round of golf on Friday and a repeat on Saturday, well that is what it felt like….sooo bad. So bad in fact I almost didn’t pull the trigger on Sunday, but glad I did.

Bulldog:Gordon took me down to meet you after my arrival and thank goodness he was there when you answered the door, I might have run off. I’m just kidding buddy, was great to meet you and can’t thank you enough for being Santa Clause and letting me ride in your sleigh Friday and Saturday. Was great teeing it up with you on Friday and man can you swing that club for a young fart!

Jrod:That swing of yours is a work of art my friend, and you hit that pill a feakin mile! Was great meeting you on Friday and teeing it up at Beaver Creek! Was great to see what my irons are supposed to do when you took them for a test run at the range! I apologize for having you think I was dying with the snoring on Friday night, no wonder my throat hurt Saturday morning!

TripleBogieTim:Knew exactly who you were coming into the resort Friday night after you private Tour Van tour and was great meeting you! You can really take names with those hybrids and proved it on that par three, simply a beautiful shot to witness! Thank you for putting up with my second day on the golf course ever! Well, performance wise anyways and was a great experience!

Nate:What can I say, no wonder Cookie likes you so much…lol. Really great to meet you and share that same expression hitting that new piece of equipment. It’s little brother isn’t too bad either and might be the first of its kind in my bag as well! It was an absolute blast playing Saturday’s round with you regardless of my pitiful performance. Both you and TBT can play some golf!

Howzat and the Better half:What a great time teeing it up with you on Sunday! Was a very relaxed time with you and Trisha sharing some great stories. Listening to you talk about the MC was a great and really brought it to life for me, thanks for helping me out. Really learned a lot from your course management and talking through a few things.

dleavitt39:Hope your ankle is feeling better, and grab some of that biofreeze when you get back. Hope it helped a little during the round! You sir have a power swing, I could almost hear those balls screaming as your club came through! A great round with you and thanks again for letting me hit those ATV’s of yours. The midsize grip with a wrap have me for sure pondering a grip change as well as making it more difficult between those wedges and the Scor’s!

I had a blast playing with you man and I hope we can do it again soon! The good news is the snoring only lasted about 10 minutes and apparently I got to pay you back the next night!

Edit: Just saw Hawk's post and I couldn't agree more.

Glad you had a good time J4U. You really had the iron game going on Sunday and hit those CMB's really well. It was a blast playing with and getting to know you a bit better. Hope you can make it to another THP event in the future.

What was everyone's toughest hole? Not sure how well everyone remembers the course but for me I think it has to be #12. Takes a perfect tee shot and still will probably leave you a real long iron into a tough green. I bogeyed it the first day then me and hawk just stopped trying on day 2 haha

What was everyone's toughest hole? Not sure how well everyone remembers the course but for me I think it has to be #12. Takes a perfect tee shot and still will probably leave you a real long iron into a tough green. I bogeyed it the first day then me and hawk just stopped trying on day 2 haha

Hole 6. Long par 4 with no relief around the green. Rough and bunkers were deadly.

Yep #12 was brutal. 17 was the hardest par 5 I have ever played as well. Even being 100 yards out in the middle of the fairway was a hard 3rd shot.

Ya 17 might have been the second hardest one for me. Tough course in general, just figured I would see what everyone thought

Quiet, TH! hahaha

6 and 12 for me, I think. On Sunday I set up to hit my power pull hook on 12 and got around a little too fast for a trip to the woods. Then it got worse by the shot. 6 was just freaking long. 425 from the Deacons with a water carry to the green doesn't work for me.

Quiet, TH! hahaha

6 and 12 for me, I think. On Sunday I set up to hit my power pull hook on 12 and got around a little too fast for a trip to the woods. Then it got worse by the shot. 6 was just freaking long. 425 from the Deacons with a water carry to the green doesn't work for me.

Don't forget about your 3 wood punch hehe

Quiet, TH! hahaha

I don't care how far you hit the ball that hole is just nasty.

What the hell was I thinking? Carrying that big ravine with a punch shot? I blame Tony.

I didn't like the Par 3 was it 16. Parking lot just deep to the left and the water front and right. Did not set-up well for me at all.

Actually 6 might be the hardest. I hated that hole with a passion

I didn't like the Par 3 was it 16. Parking lot just deep to the left and the water front and right. Did not set-up well for me at all.

The one where you almost icejacked your own car?:alien:

Yeah, miss by 3 feet and you go in the hazard, as I found out.

Yeah, that ruined a great front for you.

I made triple Saturday and had to drain a 14 footer to save bogey on Sunday. mFGP2 FTW!

I thought both 15 and 16 were tough, but 16 was the worst of the two. The wind was 2 clubs, but it swirled so much that I had no clue which way it was going. I actually liked 17 even though it was so long. For some reason I played it decently both days.

Ya hawk you hit a great drive on sunday on 17. I thought it was fun but it was a blast

The one where you almost icejacked your own car?:alien:

Yep. That is what happens when Jake straight turns into a well struck draw.

TexasHacker went car hunting on 16 too lol.

I saw at least 8 golf balls go into the water on that hole over two days.

Hardest hole for me by far was hole 6. That hole is just a beast of a hole, especially with the wind in your face.

#17. I took 17 shots on that hole, 8 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. I even took a stance on the ledge by the water and hit a shot from the hazard, gripping the club about a foot from the club head.

TexasHacker went car hunting on 16 too lol.

I saw at least 8 golf balls go into the water on that hole over two days.

Hey hawk! We don't talk about that I was trying to lay up to a comfortable distance just didn't work out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back