THP Tour Van Event - St. Louis

Another one down and another great time had by the sound of it!

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Glad to see that you guys had fun and the pictures were awesome. These events are sooo much fun

I had a blast and I am ready for the next get together, whether it's Orlando in May, or a forum members gathering closer to home in the spring. Felt comfortable all weekend, even with my consistent pull hook or the occasional chunk, top, or shank. I think that's what I enjoyed the most. That we were all there to play some golf, have some laughs, and not worry about what score was put up. I went in nervous. Came away comfortable and shot 95 and 105, and could have cared less.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Good time yesterday at the bluffs. Sorry to to miss all the other activities. Sounds like a good time at dinner and pevely today. Pevely is definitely a little easier the second time around. Hope to see you all again on the course soon.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you all for a wonderful weekend. When we have our recap thread up (something we are doing at the conclusion of all of them for us to give thanks), I have a lot to say about the special people in St. Louis. Wonderful day yesterday all the way through dinner.

The courses looked great and I'm sure a blast was had by all.

The course pictures are beautiful. Looks like everyone had a blast.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

What a fantastic looking course out there in St. Louie. Glad you all had a great time and had some fun, Now J.B and G.G fire up the tour van and get your tails in Georgia , be careful and get here safe .

What a fantastic looking course out there in St. Louie. Glad you all had a great time and had some fun, Now J.B and G.G fire up the tour van and get your tails in Georgia , be careful and get here safe .

And both y'all get healthy.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Glad you guys had a great time! Sounds like it was a blast.

Just realized that the tees we played from today at Pevely Farms, were nearly 1,000 yards longer than the tees I typically play from here at home. 5,782 to 6,752. The back tees checked in at 7,088. Wowza!

The tees we played from yesterday, at Missouri Bluffs, were nearly 425 yards longer, at 6,205. Back tees checked in at 6,610.

That being said, I am pretty happy with the way I played this weekend, considering all of that.

Thank you all for a wonderful weekend. When we have our recap thread up (something we are doing at the conclusion of all of them for us to give thanks), I have a lot to say about the special people in St. Louis. Wonderful day yesterday all the way through dinner.
What happened at dinner, stays at dinner. I thought that was the norm, we where in the safe tree, right.

Just realized that the tees we played from today at Pevely Farms, were nearly 1,000 yards longer than the tees I typically play from here at home. 5,782 to 6,752. The back tees checked in at 7,088. Wowza!

The tees we played from yesterday, at Missouri Bluffs, were nearly 425 yards longer, at 6,205. Back tees checked in at 6,610.
Yeah they where long. Think about how many long shot to the greens we had. Granted we didn't have all that many great tee shots, but the ones that where good where still long to the green. It also was not a scoring back 9 either... Long par 4's, and tough fast greens.

Yeah they where long. Think about how many long shot to the greens we had. Granted we didn't have all that many great tee shots, but the ones that where good where still long to the green. It also was not a scoring back 9 either... Long par 4's, and tough fast greens.

Yeah, it was a tough course and freaking long. I had that one drive on 13 (with the assist from the fairway marker), and had 70 yards in according to the GPS and a chance for bird. You almost needed to drive every green, and three putt for par. LOL. A buddy of mine chimed in on FB and said yeah, I should have warned you about those greens, the first time I played there, I three putted the first 6 holes. LOL. And he's a pretty good golfer.

Love checking out all the pictures! I'm glad you all got a taste of what a THP gathering is all about.

Whew what a fun weekend, I was so dead yesterday I pretty much just slept on the couch while golf, football, and a puppet show (see below) went on in the back ground. My journey on Saturday started about 4 AM, got up and had a little breakfast before I headed out on the road, the drive was quite foggy until the sun came up around Springfield IL but with nobody really on the roads at that time of the morning it made for an easy drive. I arrived at the golf course around 8:30 and first thing I see pulling up is the tour van, what a site! Headed to the range to see most everyone already there hitting club after club. I walked up and was instantly handed a club that I just had to try, that club did not disappoint easily the winner of the day for me! I didn't really have anything I was specifically looking for except I wanted to try the ATV wedges, but I gave just about everything a swing for the fun of it.

The Razr Fit with the B asha was my favorite driver, felt very smooth, I love the sound of the fit anyway and with that shaft I was seeing the ball flight that I like. The Bridgestone J40 DC were my favorite irons of the day, just a great feel and seemed very easy to hit even though they were a bit intimidating, great look from address. Wedges were the only thing I really wanted to give a shot and I completely spaced on it, I did try the ATV 56 and it felt very nice but I've actually been hitting my wedges pretty well the last few rounds so gonna hold off on anything there anyway.

After the time on the range we headed over the putting green for the contest, JB emerged from the tour van with a beautiful Seemore with the best looking milled face ever. We all took 1 shot at the putt, under80 went first and left just a few feet past the hole, I went 2nd and picked a great line, unfortunately I channeled my grandmother and left it about 20 feet short. I felt better after watching everyone else miss just as badly as I did until the final person theninja hit a great putt and won that beautiful putter.

Finally we were off on the course, I teamed up with under80, Sharkhat, and Ddxu, what a great group of guys to play with, I was disappointed to learn that Sharkhat does not actually own a Shark Hat. Right off the bat we learned that neither Ddxu or Sharkhat can see balls when they're in the fairway, either that or they just really like hiking. Started out really well with 3 straight pars before the wheels fell off and my real game reared it's ugly head. Had quite a bit of fun watching under80 sniff out golf balls in the weeds and rough like an old hunting dog I think he found about 3 dozen premium golf balls throughout the day, it got so he was throwing out more than he was keeping. We all hit some great shots and some not so great shots, watched Ddxu hit a monster drive on 15 down the hill, past the bunker, over the river, through the woods, right into grandmothers house. Missouri Bluffs is a beautiful course with tons of elevation changes, rolling fairways, par 3's with huge valleys in front, it was challenging and I'm happy to say that the whole group shot even par! (right guys? :devil:)

After the round was some fun discussion on clubs and our round out in the middle of the parking lot, we finally decided to make our way to Culpeppers to continue while waiting for the rest of the party. I will say this is the first time I ever thought I'd get kicked out of a restaurant before I was seated but since under80 said what happens at dinner stays at dinner I'll spare the details. Dinner was a blast it really is a special thing to be able to sit down with 10-12 people who you only know from the forum and talk like you've all been friends for years.

Finally was the ride home, said good bye to everyone hopped on the interstate and made my way back to Danville reliving the days events over in my head. Again a big thanks to JB and GG for taking the time out of their lives to travel all the long miles and put these on, thanks to Ddxu for finding a great golf course for Saturday (and from the pictures Sunday as well). Thanks to everyone who came and supported THP it was a pleasure meeting all of you. And thanks to Morgan I got to spend most of the day yesterday watching my daughter put on a puppet show with a THP headcover I don't think she put that down at all yesterday.

Nice looking pictures everyone.
Looks like you all had some great weather for your Golf outing.

Nice looking pictures everyone.
Looks like you all had some great weather for your Golf outing.

It was perfect. I love playing golf in pants and in a light sweater and that's pretty much what we had. Sunday morning was a little chilly. But I did get a kick out of JB on Saturday though. He would go a few holes with the pull over on. Take it off for a few holes and put it back on. We had some pretty feroucious wind to contend with on Saturday though.

Here are the group photos just before we teed off:

DSCN2302_zpsc2a895b4.jpg

DSCN2305_zps04fd1237.jpg

DSCN2304_zps98dd197f.jpg

JB leads the way off the #1 tee.

DSCN2306_zpsf35dff5d.jpg

Here are the group photos just before we teed off:

DSCN2302_zpsc2a895b4.jpg

I look so mad. LOL. I must have known the beating I was about to take on that front nine. That and I look odd standing there with a 3W, while everyone else has the big dog.

Thanks for the pictures, dude. I told Kelly, I might frame my dollar bills I won and put this picture in with them. I don't win money often, obviously. Getting Bob Ross to paint a picture of my winnings is obviously out the window, so I went to Plan B. :act-up:

What happened at dinner, stays at dinner. I thought that was the norm, we where in the safe tree, right.

Yeah buddy, just like in Vegas. I was glad to meet you, we need to meet up again and hang out more.

Thanks Y'all.

20120924133553-M.jpg

Thanks Y'all.

20120924133553-M.jpg

Lol. I have a couple bones in that pile.

Also, JB may have spent too much time with me on the cart, if he is now using and actually typing out, "Y'all". Lol.

That was a blast. I loved the closest to the pin contests. I think everyone walked away at least a couple dollars richer that afternoon.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Back