Reaction score
Handicap
goodenough
wednesday, Wednesday, WEDNESDAY!
April 5th 10:40AM

The Course
: Blue Top Ridge Riverside, IA
golf-header.jpg

The tees have not yet been agreed upon, but the Black and Purple rating/slope are 71.9/134 75.2/144 respectively. Golfever and I have agreed to play the match straight up as this will be his first time at Blue Top Ridge, and I have played there a few times over the years. The plans involve a little range time testing out some #THPShoulderTap gear, followed by an 18 hole match (match play). As long as Golfever is not offended by observing mediocre to terrible golf then we should have a great time!

Scorecard

2016_1.jpg
2016_2.jpg

Tale of the Tape

Golfever
Handicap 12.7
Callaway G Big Bertha EPIC SZ Fujikura Pro 62 ProjectX Hzrdus Yellow 6.0
Callaway G Big Bertha Epic 3 SZ Aldila Rogue Max 75g
Callaway G Big Bertha Epic Heavenwood Aldila Rogue Max 75g
Callaway Apex 4 and 5 Hybrids
Callaway Apex CF16 6-Aw Recoil 110g
Cleveland RTX3 54CB 58CB RTX 2.0 60
Odyssey O Works #7 Tank
Callaway Chrome Soft Blue Truvis
TESTING

Srixon XV balls for testing thanks to THP and SRIXON
UST Mamiya 6 Star golf shaft (Shoulder tap)

Rallo
Handicap: 16.3
Clubs
Callaway GBB Dr 10.5* UST Mamiya ATTAS G7 7S
Callaway 816 Alpha 3w 14*Aldila Rogue Silver I/O S
Callaway Apex 2H KuroKage Black 82g Stiff
Callaway Apex 4-AW Recoil 780 ES f4
[/SIZE]Callaway MD3 Blk 54*/58*
Odyssey Big T V-Line CS
Callaway Chromesoft II

So there you have it. Feel free to leave comments, and of course, remember to cast your vote!

Last edited:
Looks like it'll be a good one, good luck to both! Love to see the grind in straight up matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rallo says he has a mediocre game. But I have seen his swing from testing the Attas shaft for review. Looks pretty good to me. A little RR prep for #TeamJuicyLucy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rallo says he has a mediocre game. But I have seen his swing from testing the Attas shaft for review. Looks pretty good to me. A little RR prep for #TeamJuicyLucy

You may change your mind when you see it in person, but I know that we will have fun

Good tale of the tape, this should be a fun one to follow.

I'll definitely be following this one! Need to check out the possible competition... have fun fellas! I'll be at work Wednesday :bad:

I think this should be a good match. Stroke play or match?

I'm going with rallo with course knowledge.

Loser makes the next shower video!

OK Rallo I'm giving you a shot. Don't blow it.

Should be a great follow and match. Primarily because I am insanely jealous of what is in his bag, I have to pick Golfever in this one.

Oh this is going to be a fun follow.

Oh this is going to be a fun follow.
We are probably more excited to try our different Attas shafts we got from the shoulder tap, than the actual playing. Well, maybe only a little bit.

Is this the first #THPcallout for 2017?
I'll vote for Rallo just because he started the thread.
Both players look like Callaway fans.
Playing on a Wednesday, hope I don't have any meetings that day at work so I can follow along online.

Hmm. I'm going rallo because...Grandaddy

We are probably more excited to try our different Attas shafts we got from the shoulder tap, than the actual playing. Well, maybe only a little bit.

Seconded

Hmm. I'm going rallo because...Grandaddy
The Grandaddy taught me a lot, like how to get taken to the woodshed by Jrod...

Nate, I think we should play a combination of the purple and black tees like THP does at events. What say you?

Nate, I think we should play a combination of the purple and black tees like THP does at events. What say you?

Sure, take a look at the scorecard and let me know what you think, there are some potentially high risk/reward par 4s depending on the distance we select.

I'll pick rallo, because I want to see everyone taunt golfever if he loses by saying he got Rallo'd. And well he's also a Grandaddy Alum. Also Gotta go with a Grandaddy Brother.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I feel like I have an uphill battle on my hands.

I feel like I have an uphill battle on my hands.

Some holes are certainly uphill... but based on my wedge play that last few times out, you should be more than fine

mjs3855.jpg

Here is hole 17, which is listed at 300yd, but plays quite a bit down hill. Forced carry over the creek and no-mow with a few bunkers if you arent careful. An aggressive, well struck drive can get to the dance floor as it probably plays around 260ish if you cut the corner. However, left short or left long puts you into the hazard... this could be an exciting hole if we have a close match going!

Back