THP'er Preceptions

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Have you ever wondered what certain THP'ers were like prior to meeting them? Do you make judgements based solely on their posts or certain comments that grab your attention? This could be an interesting conversation so let's hear your thoughts.

before meeting me, sposey thought I was a 60 year old man.

Everybody tells me I sound taller on the forum!

JM

I think you try to have an idea of who some one is before you meet them in person but there are very few people who look like what you think they do. I think you have a pretty good understand of personality from what people post but I once you meet someone you can actually see them speaking the words, which is kind of weird.

I think you try to have an idea of who some one is before you meet them in person but there are very few people who look like what you think they do. I think you have a pretty good understand of personality from what people post but I once you meet someone you can actually see them speaking the words, which is kind of weird.

It takes time to actually call them by their real name too! Oh there goes ForTheLovofGolf :D

Last edited:
It takes time to actually call them by their real name too! Oh there goes ForTheLovofGolf :D
Some people refuse to call others by their name anyway, so....
coughkellybocough

Honestly I can't say that anyone was significantly different than I thought.

I guess I did have Josh and Morgan up on a pedestal a bit, thinking they'd be larger than life, but they turned out to be really down-to-earth people.

Everyone I've met at a THP event or just locally seems to be a good person. I can honestly say there isn't a single person I've disliked or even raised an eyebrow about.

The good thing about THP has been getting to meet so many people casually. The best part has been really getting to know people when they've been my partner or on my team. That's what makes me excited about attending more THP events - the chance to get to know more THP'ers better; to get to really know them, not just see them on a driving range before the event.

Some people refuse to call others by their name anyway, so....
coughkellybocough

You talking bout me!....:act-up: Yea I'm guilty of calling Kelly her forum name all too often. :D She use to look at me funny and say stop that :bicker:

Bill, you were much quieter in person than I expected before I met you. Those emoticons and your crazy bus driver stories threw me off!

I have to say that everyone who I have met in person "is who I thought they were". I find myself preferring to call people by their real names instead of their forum names, especially in person.

Bill, you were much quieter in person than I expected before I met you. Those emoticons and your crazy bus driver stories threw me off!

I do certainly agree with this post

True. I'm pretty laid back in person and not a wild hillbilly as portrayed on the forum :silly:

Well I haven't met any of the members yet but I can get idea of what I think their personality will be from statements in their post. I'm usually not too far wrong figuring most are dedicated golf or just big kids that won't grow up.

True. I'm pretty laid back in person and not a wild hillbilly as portrayed on the forum :silly:

Southern gentleman fits this Bill

It's the internet & the nature of the beast to be put off with comments you may not agree with or lose context because they are typed on a screen and not being discussed in person. Having been to a few events I know that regardless of the internet perception, everyone in person is pretty down to earth & easy to talk to.

Well except for that Nate guy in Dallas. Man is he demanding and high maintenance. :act-up:

Southern gentleman fits this Bill

Back at ya good buddy :thumb: In fact your entire family are class acts and fun to be around.

Back