THP'ers Random Acts of Kindness

Forgot to mention that the awesome @Snickerdog sent me a couple sleeves of CSX without TT so I could continue my ball testing without becoming violent. He added in a Hideaway pitch mark tool as a nice gesture, and once I wrangled it from the wife, it's been nice to carry one that means something. Used it a bunch today because apparently the Tues. morning crew at the club are too cool for fixing their marks. Thanks, Snicks.

Forgot to mention that the awesome @Snickerdog sent me a couple sleeves of CSX without TT so I could continue my ball testing without becoming violent. He added in a Hideaway pitch mark tool as a nice gesture, and once I wrangled it from the wife, it's been nice to carry one that means something. Used it a bunch today because apparently the Tues. morning crew at the club are too cool for fixing their marks. Thanks, Snicks.
And to think I thought all Packers fans had no heart! Well done @Snickerdog!

@LLIB is one hell of a dude and probably the person I've gotten the closest to in my time on THP. I mentioned a buddy of mine was starting to play and asked if he had any old junk laying around. He mailed a driver, 3w, 5w, 9w. Wedge, and putter! No questions asked, and refused to take any money for shipping or for the clubs. Bill exemplifies what THP is and I'm damn proud to know him!

@LLIB is one hell of a dude and probably the person I've gotten the closest to in my time on THP. I mentioned a buddy of mine was starting to play and asked if he had any old junk laying around. He mailed a driver, 3w, 5w, 9w. Wedge, and putter! No questions asked, and refused to take any money for shipping or for the clubs. Bill exemplifies what THP is and I'm damn proud to know him!

Bill is a solid dude for sure.

Well folks, I was telling @jdtox at The Morgan Cup Friday practice round in Vegas that I was interested in trying the Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 10.5C. Up until the last year, I have always used Center Shafted putters and it seems very few are made anymore. In an amazing gesture, that completely floored me, he GAVE me his Sunday. After going back and forth telling him I wasn't taking it for nothing, I was wrong. So he thinks. More to come on that later. I suppose he wasn't happy with his putting during the MC, but I'm not sure many were.

I can't thank Jeremy enough, it still amazes me to this moment. But THP, it's staff, it's sponsors and it's members have amazed me from day one. Hopefully I can live up to the same standards. I'm gonna give it everything I've got because this place is truly special.

So during our league monthly event, @robrandalgz offered up an undisclosed prize for a handicapped stroke play match between @MSEASU and myself. Unfortunately Anthony had to miss the golf today.

Randy insisted I was the winner. Thus TeamTyler gets its first victory.

My prize:

D4957130-F77A-4458-9334-566948D69FF4.jpeg
A still in the wrapper Ben Hogan golf bag!

Thank you Brother!!!

So during our league monthly event, @robrandalgz offered up an undisclosed prize for a handicapped stroke play match between @MSEASU and myself. Unfortunately Anthony had to miss the golf today.

My prize:

View attachment 8969925

Thank you Brother!!!
That’s an amazing gesture!

My prize:

View attachment 8969925

Thank you Brother!!!
Have a blast next month, bro!!!!!

My prize:

View attachment 8969925

Thank you Brother!!!

wow fantastic gesture!

Big thank to @Iceman! Ping/Arccos wouldn’t ship to PR. He stepped in, had them ship the sensors to his house, shipped them down here and included some awesome Grandaddy swag

View attachment 8914610

Wouldn’t take a cent either. Thanks again my friend.

That @Iceman! is good folk from where I sit too!

So many good memories in this thread, and so many bad ones. Bad because life sucks at times, good because people here are awesome.

I can’t even read the start to this thread without getting a little teared up. I’ve tried and I just can’t.

... people here are awesome.
They sure are. I've received nothing but encouragement--even at that time when I'd decided to call it quits. Patient, knowledgeable advice and recommendations. Congratulatory feedback when I get something right. A rank newbie, I'm treated with the same respect as long-time members with low HCs. Then there are the members who've offered me free equipment to help me out of a bind--sometimes not even asking for shipping.

I love this place. It makes me want to be, not only a better golfer, but a better person.

My prize:

View attachment 8969925

Thank you Brother!!!
Amazing gesture! Great looking bag!

I came home yesterday to a box from @KY Golfer I was not expecting and had no idea what was inside. I opened it to find a sweet Puma Volition shirt and a Wolf Creek ball marker! Completely unnecessary but definitely appreciated. Thank you sir! #TeamParadise

IMG_8367.jpg

Nice!

I came home yesterday to a box from @KY Golfer I was not expecting and had no idea what was inside. I opened it to find a sweet Puma Volition shirt and a Wolf Creek ball marker! Completely unnecessary but definitely appreciated. Thank you sir! #TeamParadise

View attachment 8970209
My pleasure!! Sorry man, I just can't take something for nothing. Hope it fits :p

My prize:

View attachment 8969925

Thank you Brother!!!
@robrandalgz is a great guy! Has impeccable taste too!!!

My pleasure!! Sorry man, I just can't take something for nothing. Hope it fits :p
Translation:

My pleasure.

(No comment, lol)

Sorry man,

(This stuff ain’t my size... damnit! :) )

I just can’t take something for nothing...

(It’s hot brother, return that **** now! Lol!)

Hope it works out for you!

(Truth!)

Meant all in fun, and looked at hopefully as such.

Huge thank you to the anonymous THPer that paid for my 2021 Albatross Club membership!

Shoutout to whoever picked up my Albatross Membership! It’s greatly appreciated and I will pay it forward

Just a shoutout to @Snickerdog . Last week I put out a request to see if anyone had a certain THP headcover that I could purchase. He messaged me saying he had one and sent it to me at no cost, not even shipping. Everyone already knows how great of a guy he is but I just wanted to let everyone know one more reason why!

Back