THP'ers Random Acts of Kindness

Shout out to @e1iterate! He did me a huge favor today and helped me out. Good dude this guy.

I appreciate it man, and now I honestly feel a little bad about getting your kid that foot piano 😂. Next round is on me.

Shout out to @e1iterate! He did me a huge favor today and helped me out. Good dude this guy.

I appreciate it man, and now I honestly feel a little bad about getting your kid that foot piano 😂. Next round is on me.

Haha. That would have been a “basement” toy for us, lol.

My basement is unfinished with a golf range and a 25 yard pistol shooting range on either side of it. When I went down I locked the door. Danger was more likely from the golf balls. I only ever missed the bullet trap once. I missed the net (or went through it?) way more than once.

The kids could go down and play with the spiders or just leave it be. Easy choice. I always spoke fondly of the numbers of spiders that were killed when there was a child’s music toy down there.

@Golfever was a winner of my THP TruVis giveaway on New Year’s Day. After he got my shipment. He sent one right back and with way more stuff!

A Odyssey THP experience ball
A @Golfever Srixon ball
A caddy daddy glove
And some epoch tees! A couple THP and a red white and blue tee and marker.

way too kind, Ramond!
28D063DF-B413-4B53-96C7-0F8782192537.jpeg

That’s so awesome! I’m so glad he likes them. Enjoy and I hope he gets a lot of use out of the playing with you this year @Smiter !!!!!

Thanks man! They fit him perfect too! And they’re not the normal Budget Golf Summer clearance that he’d be getting from me, lol.

You da man!

Still blown away by the generosity here at THP!!!!

I forgot about this thread. THPers are so awesome!!

I love this community

Yup. Everything I give away I get back. I just look at it as the give and take program, lol.

Y’all, as a group, don’t suck ;)

That's genuine happiness - check out that smile!

Good on ya @xThor!

He later admitted his Rickie man crush. Hopefully that dude can figure it out as golf needs him.

At any rate, totally clashes with his school colors (blue and gold) but doesn’t care-at all. He’s got more of me in him than needed, lol.

He will rock those until they fall off his feet, that much I know.

Thanks again @xThor !!!!!!!

He later admitted his Rickie man crush. Hopefully that dude can figure it out as golf needs him.

At any rate, totally clashes with his school colors (blue and gold) but doesn’t care-at all. He’s got more of me in him than needed, lol.

He will rock those until they fall off his feet, that much I know.

Thanks again @xThor !!!!!!!
Ah ha! Now we know part of the reason for the big smile - he saw Rickie Puma orange!

Can't take a picture of some kind phone calls/messages from a few friends. But definitely great gesture.

this has to be my favorite thread on thp. great to read these great stories
Always brings a smile to my face, THP is a truly special place!

This thread is great!

Special shout out to two THPers today, @YukonLiving and @vdubtx . Might be overdue but wanted to get my gifts on the course so I could share my experience with them as well.

I am fairly new to THP. I don't deserve the kindness that I have received so far, but these gentlemen have shown me what this community is about and what I can strive to be around these forums some day.

A few months ago, a giveaway for a driver took place on the forum -- an awesome Cobra SZ by @Canadan . One of the requirements for entry was to tell everyone how the driver would change my game in 2021, so I told the sob story about my driver that I was using that's 9 years old with a broken shaft. The Cobra SZ ended up being right handed so I wasn't eligible. I'm not sure if @YukonLiving knew it at the time, but I really just started golfing last year after I was laid off in March and couldn't really afford any clubs, so I would just come to this forum to drool over equipment and get excited to talk about golf, my new obsession. Out of the blue, @YukonLiving reached out to me and gave me the ultimate random act of kindness... This beauty, the Cobra F7 3/4 FW:
20210203_170653.jpg

I've never owned or swung a fairway wood before so I'd be lying if I said my scores have improved, but after a few good strikes with it I've learned that it has more pop than that driver I was talking about. Because of that, I have been using it exclusively off the tee for the past two weekends to learn it. I still struggle with a slice a bit and avoiding contact with the ground (only losing distance not dispersion) but definitely getting better, and I'm excited to play around with the adjustable lofts (I've only hit it at 13*) to see if I can get consistent with it. This has been a weapon that I didn't previously posses, especially on long Par 5's, giving me about 30 yards on my 4 hybrid which is the next club in my bag. You're the man!

@vdubtx ordered the wrong hand glove of the Caddy Daddy Claw Pro, and instead of exchanging it for a left hand glove he generously decided to give it away to a lucky lefty golfer on the forum (that's me!). There were some THP tees, a nice note, and extra little goodies as well. I had read about the glove, but had already gone through 5 gloves in 2020 so I didn't know if I could justify spending $25 on one. I've taken it on the range a few times and the course a couple of times now, and have seen almost no wear, grip loss, hardening, or dirtiness. If it's going to be this durable, I will certainly be willing to buy these moving forward. The feel and fit is great. I got a blister that I had never gotten before on my lead hand index finger after 3 days of using it, which lead me to investigate why. My grip was over rotated and my hands weren't working together enough causing it, so the glove actually made me aware of my faults and improved my swing!

It's also been a pleasure having side conversations with them and learning of their connections to Seattle. If either of you guys are ever in the area, let me know and we'll get a round in. Plus drinks on me 🍻

20210203_171025.jpg

Thanks guys!

Special shout out to two THPers today, @YukonLiving and @vdubtx . Might be overdue but wanted to get my gifts on the course so I could share my experience with them as well.

I am fairly new to THP. I don't deserve the kindness that I have received so far, but these gentlemen have shown me what this community is about and what I can strive to be around these forums some day.

A few months ago, a giveaway for a driver took place on the forum -- an awesome Cobra SZ by @Canadan . One of the requirements for entry was to tell everyone how the driver would change my game in 2021, so I told the sob story about my driver that I was using that's 9 years old with a broken shaft. The Cobra SZ ended up being right handed so I wasn't eligible. I'm not sure if @YukonLiving knew it at the time, but I really just started golfing last year after I was laid off in March and couldn't really afford any clubs, so I would just come to this forum to drool over equipment and get excited to talk about golf, my new obsession. Out of the blue, @YukonLiving reached out to me and gave me the ultimate random act of kindness... This beauty, the Cobra F7 3/4 FW:
View attachment 8991819

I've never owned or swung a fairway wood before so I'd be lying if I said my scores have improved, but after a few good strikes with it I've learned that it has more pop than that driver I was talking about. Because of that, I have been using it exclusively off the tee for the past two weekends to learn it. I still struggle with a slice a bit and avoiding contact with the ground (only losing distance not dispersion) but definitely getting better, and I'm excited to play around with the adjustable lofts (I've only hit it at 13*) to see if I can get consistent with it. This has been a weapon that I didn't previously posses, especially on long Par 5's, giving me about 30 yards on my 4 hybrid which is the next club in my bag. You're the man!

@vdubtx ordered the wrong hand glove of the Caddy Daddy Claw Pro, and instead of exchanging it for a left hand glove he generously decided to give it away to a lucky lefty golfer on the forum (that's me!). There were some THP tees, a nice note, and extra little goodies as well. I had read about the glove, but had already gone through 5 gloves in 2020 so I didn't know if I could justify spending $25 on one. I've taken it on the range a few times and the course a couple of times now, and have seen almost no wear, grip loss, hardening, or dirtiness. If it's going to be this durable, I will certainly be willing to buy these moving forward. The feel and fit is great. I got a blister that I had never gotten before on my lead hand index finger after 3 days of using it, which lead me to investigate why. My grip was over rotated and my hands weren't working together enough causing it, so the glove actually made me aware of my faults and improved my swing!

It's also been a pleasure having side conversations with them and learning of their connections to Seattle. If either of you guys are ever in the area, let me know and we'll get a round in. Plus drinks on me 🍻

View attachment 8991824

Thanks guys!
This is awesome, great post, great gestures! I'm so glad that THP and it's members can be a light for those going through difficult times. The Claw glove is a great all around glove, you will love it, no doubt!

View attachment 8991819

View attachment 8991824

Thanks guys!
Absolutely my pleasure! I'm happy to hear that the club has been treating you right, and that you're learning new things about your swing! That fairway wood is a rocket launcher! Like I mentioned, THP has given me so much it was a great opportunity for me to pay it forward!

I'll make sure to let you know the next time I make it down to Seattle! Maybe by then the Kraken will be skating too!

View attachment 8991819

View attachment 8991824

Thanks guys!
Glad to hear you are liking the glove and also that you are finding out about the unadvertised feature of fixing swings. :cool: Will certainly give you a shout whenever we are able to make it up that way. 👊

Back