THP's "unwritten rules"

jmix18

I'm just happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What are THP's unwritten rules? Things we all should know but won't find out until we break them...

We all know, and that it's written many times to "not be a Richard" on THP. However, in every organization, there are unwritten rules that everyone knows or learns through time. Like in baseball, if you pop off after you hit a dinger, next guy up probably takes a ball in the back. Or even that stealing signs happen, but you don't broadcast it to everyone... just small talk once you've figured things out.. (unlike the Astros). Everyone understands and we move on after it happens. But they are rules... just not in the rulebook.

What are the unwritten rules that we should all know that we don't?

There aren't any.
People should use this place any way they want to.

We have but three rules.
1. Dont be a jerk
2. No politics
3. If you get equipment from this community review it properly

Thats it.

I consider myself a visitor in a friend’s home and try to behave accordingly when discussing things, linking other sites or sources, and interacting with the host’s friends and company. Some of that is not being a jerk, some common courtesy.

There aren't any.

We have but three rules.
1. Dont be a jerk
2. No politics

Thats it.
Agreed with those and that's the way it should be - but things always happen that create understandings between others outside of admin. This question popped into my head yesterday as I was working with a staff member and they talked about the "understandings" that they have with others on staff that "Admin wouldn't understand" and then used the bean-ball as an example. So I wondered about THP.

There aren't any.

We have but three rules.
1. Dont be a jerk
2. No politics

Thats it.
I think you forgot one...

:ROFLMAO:

There aren't any.

We have but three rules.
1. Dont be a jerk
2. No politics

Thats it.
and no sauce on your BBQ or steak. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know or feel there are unwritten rules. Other than the general things for life.

There are definitely unwritten conditions to getting adequately heckled though.

1- Don't use iron covers
2- Always order more than one sauce
3- Your ice cream must consist of at least two additional elements

When you are being sarcastic (as my usual) include a smiley so people don't think you are a Richard

When you are being sarcastic (as my usual) include a smiley so people don't think you are a Richard
These two emojis hold a surprisingly amount of weight on context...:greenalien:👽

Then again, I prefer :ROFLMAO: or :sneaky: anymore.

There aren't any.

We have but three rules.
1. Dont be a jerk
2. No politics

Thats it.
If you are going to wear basketball shoes made into golf shoes at an event, make sure you are also wearing thick skin :LOL:.

I wouldn't call it a rule per se, but if you try to give back just a tiny bit more than you get from this community, I think you will find some great people, have some great times, and really enjoy the experience. There are so many selfless things that happen between people around here it's truly amazing.

if @JB doesn't make fun of you on the golf course, he probably doesn't like you

if @JB doesn't make fun of you on the golf course, he probably doesn't like you
Good to know... Good to know!

My only unwritten rule is to have fun, but hopefully not at the expense of others. It's okay to poke fun or be poked (not hugged @Canadan ;) ) at but try not to take it to far.

I can't believe @JB is about to let the one sauce and ice cream comment slide hahaha
I agree with your second point but that third one... No way! You don't need to mess with perfection sometimes.

There aren't any.

We have but three rules.
1. Dont be a jerk
2. No politics

Thats it.

no feet pics ?

There aren't any.

We have but three rules.
1. Dont be a jerk
2. No politics

Thats it.

I think this is a great summary. Don't be a Richard is the big one. Be respectful. I love no politics and review equipment received properly goes without saying.

Back