Three Minute Thursday: Nippon Regio Formula MB+ Shaft

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Nippon is widely known for their steel shafts, but their less talked about graphite might be something you should keep an eye on. Earlier this year we introduced you to the Regio Formula MB+ and we got a number of requests for some more information.

If you want more technical information on the shaft, make sure to check out our feature article, here.

We hopped into the THP Tech Studio hitting bay for a quick Three Minute Thursday episode on the new Regio Formula MB+ and what one might expect from this unique shaft.

Continue reading...

• Staff
This was a fun one, and I’m still pretty blown away by the MB+, not just in terms of performance but also feel and consistency. Nippon remains criminally under the radar when it comes to their graphite offerings.

This was a fun one, and I’m still pretty blown away by the MB+, not just in terms of performance but also feel and consistency. Nippon remains criminally under the radar when it comes to their graphite offerings.
This right here! I believe at the time this shaft actually produced one the best ball speed numbers for me as well. It feels fantastic in hand and you're right its probably not something I'd gravitate towards because the product isn't as well know as their iron shafts. At least not around here.

• Staff
This right here! I believe at the time this shaft actually produced one the best ball speed numbers for me as well. It feels fantastic in hand and you're right its probably not something I'd gravitate towards because the product isn't as well know as their iron shafts. At least not around here.
T1100 through the ENTIRE shaft is a mind bender...and a pricy one at that!

T1100 through the ENTIRE shaft is a mind bender...and a pricy one at that!
The best part is even with all that T1100 it doesn't feel super stout either 🤯

That was cool.. You guys are putting out some great stuff these days. Fast, informative, just the right amount of info.

That was cool.. You guys are putting out some great stuff these days. Fast, informative, just the right amount of info.

Thank you. We have a lot coming, but wanted to get this one out because it is a shaft line that is under thought of, in my opinion.

Thank you. We have a lot coming, but wanted to get this one out because it is a shaft line that is under thought of, in my opinion.
I liked the quick hit format. Just enough data to get an idea of the performance.

I would love to see a head to head comparison between the Pro Regio MB and the MB+!!! Is the plus model really worth the extra money?!

Thanks @Jman !

I like these. I don’t burn up my data if I wanna watch one at work.

As someone that's playing the 105 iron line, I've been dying to get a hold of a MB for my driver.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Have a Cobra tip curing on one of these and will give it a run in the tech studio today.

Have a Cobra tip curing on one of these and will give it a run in the tech studio today.
Nice! The one I reviewed still has a Cobra tip on it, need to put a Mizuno or TE adapter on it :unsure:

I would love to see a head to head comparison between the Pro Regio MB and the MB+!!! Is the plus model really worth the extra money?!
Having hit both, the fact that this one has T1100 throughout the whole shaft is a big reason for the price difference. And I’d also say although fit is what matters most, yes, this is an improvement over the MB.

This deserves a massive bump with the little bombshell JB dropped in the do you play Nippon thread….

Back