Tiger at the Masters?

As long as he's playing I’ll pick Eldrick having a chance to win until he's 60. If there's one thing I've learned over the years it's to never doubt Tiger.

He'll be there until the weekend

I got a C note says he doesn't make the cut.

Tiger did win last years Masters. Although he doesn't seem to be playing that well this year, I will never count him out this year.

If he doesn’t play in the Bermuda Championship?

I believe that Tiger needs more competitive reps. If he doesn't play another tournament before the Masters I don't think he has a chance. When he won the Tour Championship, then Zozo and the Masters last year he had been playing more tournaments. I believe he still has it in his body at times but without regular tournament reps he won't win more.

No hate here, but the highlighted is the most important thing IMHO.

Similar to my faith in Fred Couples, I have faith that the guy with a bad back who has made 21/22 masters cuts will also make it this year.

Does he win, probably not, especially with Big Basher Bryson in the field.

Does he make the cut? Yes, I believe so, big question is does he play Houston the week prior.

Does he win, probably not, especially with Big Basher Bryson in the field.

Does he make the cut? Yes, I believe so, big question is does he play Houston the week prior.
If they allow fans, I think he skips it to be safe.

I think Tiger goes Top 20 this years Masters but will be more competitive for next years

I don't believe he's at that point yet where you can count him out, especially at that course for that tournament. He seems to find the magic there.

I believe that Tiger needs more competitive reps.

I agree with you and the others on the issue of reps. I think he makes the cut. But, with the relative lack of competitive reps, I don't think his game is sharp enough to go 4 rounds at the level it'll need to be to have a shot on Sunday.

If they allow fans, I think he skips it to be safe.

Yep. I think a lot of guys do.

I think the weather is probably going to do him in and if he makes the cut it would be a bummer to watch him struggle through the weekend.

Tiger has no real chance of winning unless he strikes lighting in a bottle for the weekend. However, I just like to watch Tiger play and hope he at least is in the top 25 to watch on the weekend.

He's won as much as anyone that has ever played the game. He has a chance to win any time he tees it up. He wouldn't be my first pick, but I wouldn't be shocked. He's played more competitive rounds at the masters than some of these guys have played on tour period.

Think he will be middle of the pack. Nothing flashy but no repeat

He won last year.. idk.. How does he not have a chance? He's playing in it.

I am not sure how you could ever count Tiger out at the Masters...

He always has a chance.

I do. Look at DJ earlier this year. Shot like 100 over at The Memorial, a few weeks later he was obliterating the field.

I know it’s not apples to apples but with Tigers past, if he is in a tournament he has better than a snowballs chance.

But not much more.

LOL Hater? That's a stretch from saying I don't think he has a chance. I have nothing against him but come on, how'd he do at the Open? ZOZO?
Comment wasn't directed at you personally, I won't do that but if you took offense sorry. If you feel it was then suck it up.
Everyone loves to hate Tiger for what ever reason, the same as a lot love him for whatever reason. Just because he played badly at the Open and this past weekend has nothing to do with the Masters, totally different ball game.
Last time I checked Tiger is #2 on the wins list at the Masters, that is a course he knows how to get around and he wants to win there again, it makes a different in his mindset for sure. The Zozo was to get some reps in and nothing more.

It doesn't matter if your comment was directed at him personally. Intellectual laziness is intellectual laziness! This is the sort of thing that has taken hold in this country, Any type of negative comment is labeled as "hate"! And it doesn't matter how on target it is!

He's won as much as anyone that has ever played the game. He has a chance to win any time he tees it up. He wouldn't be my first pick, but I wouldn't be shocked. He's played more competitive rounds at the masters than some of these guys have played on tour period.

Not exactly right, but this might be labeled "hate speech" by Snickerdog! He is tied with Sam Snead for most wins on the PGA Tour, And trails 3 behind Jack Nicklaus as far as majors are concerned! Oops! I just realized that the last post I quoted said as "much" as anyone else, and that could mean that he has equaled Snead's record! Which he did.

Does anyone really believe he has a snowballs chance in hell at winning?
No. He doesn’t have much of a chance of ever winning on the PGA Tour again, let alone a major. But a lot of people will never give up hope.

Lots of blathering on The Morning Drive about him at The Masters. Does anyone really believe he has a snowballs chance in hell at winning?
This looks like something that would have been posted in March/April 2019. Not sure about you, but I definitely remember how that turned out.

I think if the weather is favorable for his back issues, a top 20 is doable for him.

As for a win, I think a lot of pretty good golfers are going to have to play poorly for him to win.

Back