Tiger at the Masters?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think if the weather is favorable for his back issues, a top 20 is doable for him.

As for a win, I think a lot of pretty good golfers are going to have to play poorly for him to win.
They showed the list of top 10 OWGR this morning on GC. It's pretty intimidating. Being from San Diego I'd love to see Xander win it but I wouldn't bet on it. I think a safe bet is one of those 10 will.

MORE CHANCE OF OPRAH RIDING THE NEXT KENTUCKY DERBY WINNER .... than Tiger winning the Masters

I believe that Tiger needs more competitive reps. If he doesn't play another tournament before the Masters I don't think he has a chance. When he won the Tour Championship, then Zozo and the Masters last year he had been playing more tournaments. I believe he still has it in his body at times but without regular tournament reps he won't win more.
Yep, he had shots last week, he was just too rusty to string them together. Even the great Tiger Woods needs to get dialed in.

Brandel said his swing speed was down significantly at Zozo. It's looking like last year's Masters was his last hoorah.

I think his performance will be determined by his health from now through to the end of the tournament. He just has not consistently looked well this year and his sporadic results attest that. If he is healthy and can practice between now the Masters and stay healthy, I believe he can be really competitive. But, if his back is not 100% I hate to say he will struggle, the elevation changes/sloping fairways of Augusta are just too hard on a bad back. I wish him the best.

I unfortunately don’t think so. Believe having crowds root for him can turn the tourney into an “away game” for the other golfers if they aren’t prepared mentally for the noise and distractions. This environment might level the playing field and maybe someone that isn’t as familiar with the course and crowds might be able to excel more.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see Tiger being very high on the leaderboard this year. He might not even make the cut.

I am not convinced his back is good enough to let him really prepare or for him to play 4 consecutive rounds completely healthy. He barely won last time when other people came back to him on the final 9. Never say never but I would consider it a massive upset.

I am not convinced his back is good enough to let him really prepare or for him to play 4 consecutive rounds completely healthy. He barely won last time when other people came back to him on the final 9. Never say never but I would consider it a massive upset.
... and you don't think many saw it that way last year?

Tiger is still one of the best irons players in the world and he knows the course and greens better than anyone in the field. He also knows how to win under pressure in a major.

A lot has to go right for him but he definitely can still win it.

Does he have a chance? IMO yes he has a chance, some courses/events bring the best out of players and (arguably) what bigger better stage/course is the Masters and he does seem to play some great Golf in Augusta.

Having said all that do I think he wins... no I don’t think so, I’ll say he makes the cut but does no better then 20-30 position and never is a threat.

His game right now isn’t up to the same as the majority of the front runners on the Tour imho to be a threat for contention

I think he will fight his way to making the cut, but will be in the bottom third of the leader board come the weekend. His respite from the physical ailments was very cool but short lived.

I am shocked how many people think he wont even make the cut...you're talking about a player who knows this course like the back of his hand.

If anything, I think he will finish no less than top-10

I am shocked how many people think he wont even make the cut...you're talking about a player who knows this course like the back of his hand.

If anything, I think he will finish no less than top-10
Tiger has not been playing well in his last 3 tournaments and this Masters is in November. Is Tiger, or any other Pro, familiar with Augusta in November. Something to ponder.

If Tiger's muscles and joints can stay loose for 4 days at the Masters, then he is as dangerous as any player in the field.

I don't see it happening, but Nicklaus showed us how it is possible.

Tiger hasn't forgotten how to play.

Tiger never has and will not be playing the week before the Masters.

He will likely shoot a backdoor 69 to make top fifteen at best but nothing impossible if he in top ten at 54.

Worked Masters 84-86 in medical school and played course 2x..

Do I think he will win? No.

Do I think he will contend? Absolutely.

No chance he wins this. Hope he at least makes the cut but am not feeling real confident about that.

This looks like something that would have been posted in March/April 2019. Not sure about you, but I definitely remember how that turned out.

Yes. And I also remember what a miracle I thought it was that Tiger won! I was so happy for him, his kids, and his Mom. But I also think that it was his last hurrah! A heroic effort.

Yep, he had shots last week, he was just too rusty to string them together. Even the great Tiger Woods needs to get dialed in.

And that's the nub isn't it? Can he practice and play enough to get dialed in? At his age with his back, I wonder!

Tiger never has and will not be playing the week before the Masters.

That's no surprise. Neither did Nicklaus! He'd spend the week practicing at Augusta!

That's a made cut.

Interesting to go back and read the comments and thoughts on Tiger. That’s why they have to play the game. ;)

I actually thought about including that in my original post. Tiger should bring the chairs and Phil can bring the cooler full of Amstel Light. They'll have a better time.
Yeah, they're playing awful!

Back