Tiger at the Masters?

MetroCat

Reaction score
Lots of blathering on The Morning Drive about him at The Masters. Does anyone really believe he has a snowballs chance in hell at winning?

Moved to Golf on Tour.

I do. Look at DJ earlier this year. Shot like 100 over at The Memorial, a few weeks later he was obliterating the field.

I know it’s not apples to apples but with Tigers past, if he is in a tournament he has better than a snowballs chance.

Nope. But I would have said the same thing last year 🤷‍♂️

No, I haven't seen anything from him to tell me he is in form to win a major. He needs to focus on the cut. I think he poured every last ounce of golf he had left into coming back and winning it last year. Since then I think he has kind of gone on autopilot in preparation and training. I also think whatever they did to his back is starting to come apart.

He's only missed the cut at the Masters once (1996). For a guy that knows the course so well, he's not old enough to count him out yet (similar to how Couples was in contention for decades there).

He's only missed the cut at the Masters once (1996). For a guy that knows the course so well, he's not old enough to count him out yet (similar to how Couples was in contention for decades there).

Completely agree with you. He has shown time and time again when you count him out he can come back and surprise everyone.

It's always funny the haters bringing it on Tiger. He probably knows that course better than anyone still actively playing today. Is he having bad rounds and playing like crap at times, yes he is but the Masters is a different story and tournament all together. He will do just fine at the Masters.

Tiger misses the cut at the Masters

As well as Tiger knows the course, especially the greens, you can't totally count him out. What changes to the course are impacted by playing in the Fall instead of Spring are yet to be seen.

It's always funny the haters bringing it on Tiger. He probably knows that course better than anyone still actively playing today. Is he having bad rounds and playing like crap at times, yes he is but the Masters is a different story and tournament all together. He will do just fine at the Masters.
LOL Hater? That's a stretch from saying I don't think he has a chance. I have nothing against him but come on, how'd he do at the Open? ZOZO?

I'm going to say no, but i agree he knows the course. I think the Masters is the easiest of the majors to win. So, if he's going to win another it'll be the Masters of he wins one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LOL Hater? That's a stretch from saying I don't think he has a chance. I have nothing against him but come on, how'd he do at the Open? ZOZO?
Comment wasn't directed at you personally, I won't do that but if you took offense sorry. If you feel it was then suck it up.
Everyone loves to hate Tiger for what ever reason, the same as a lot love him for whatever reason. Just because he played badly at the Open and this past weekend has nothing to do with the Masters, totally different ball game.
Last time I checked Tiger is #2 on the wins list at the Masters, that is a course he knows how to get around and he wants to win there again, it makes a different in his mindset for sure. The Zozo was to get some reps in and nothing more.

Comment wasn't directed at you personally, I won't do that but if you took offense sorry. If you feel it was then suck it up.
Everyone loves to hate Tiger for what ever reason, the same as a lot love him for whatever reason. Just because he played badly at the Open and this past weekend has nothing to do with the Masters, totally different ball game.
Last time I checked Tiger is #2 on the wins list at the Masters, that is a course he knows how to get around and he wants to win there again, it makes a different in his mindset for sure. The Zozo was to get some reps in and nothing more.
If I was offended I wouldn't be laughing.;)

If he doesn't play this week I would say he has no chance.

No, I haven't seen anything from him to tell me he is in form to win a major. He needs to focus on the cut. I think he poured every last ounce of golf he had left into coming back and winning it last year. Since then I think he has kind of gone on autopilot in preparation and training. I also think whatever they did to his back is starting to come apart.

Took every word out of my mouth DadDude, well said. Only thing I want to add is that yes, Tiger has won more Green Jackets than the top 10 betting choices combined and knows Augusta better than anyone in the field, but.............................does he know the course in November? Do any of the players know it in November.

I feel like guys like him, phil, and even Spieth can look like crap and yet show up there and get those good feelings going. Do I expect him to play better in the 21 Masters as opposed to the 20 Masters, I do. I feel like he will probably have more golf under his belt.

CommentJust because he played badly at the Open and this past weekend has nothing to do with the Masters, totally different ball game.

I think it will be a lack of reps in competitive
rounds that will likely prevent him from contending. Even though he played this past weekend, it was his first appearance since the US Open and he struggled on the course. All that said, even this not a fan of Tiger ( not a hater) knows that this is the one tournament that will bring out his best. Any time he tees it up at Augusta, I like his chances.

To win? Unlikely.

To make the cut? Yeah I'd say so. You get the outliers like Couples and Langer who makes cuts so yes.

While yes we might see a different course overall in November, those greens will still be fast and tough, that is where advantages can be taken if his putting is on.

Back