Tiger out of therapy

dtak84

Reaction score
Handicap
I have said all along I expected the return at Bay Hill. We shall see.

Well it's a decent article I suppose. I just have a problem with most reports when I see the word "anonymity". If the person who is offering up the info is not "authorized" to do so, but does so anyway, it's just another level of journalistic sleezyness. Someone, if in fact someone did say it, has a name, and should stand behind their information. That, or it could be more journalistic fabrication. Yes, anonymity has it's place is very serious, life, or death situations, but this is not even close. :D

Maybe I'm kind of pathetic, but did anyone else get a little bit excited when they saw this headline? Love him or hate him, you got to respect his game.

He won't be back until later this year or next year IMO. If he misses the masters then I definitely think he will just skip the whole year. Honestly, at this point I don't care if he ever comes back, I think watching Fowler is more exciting than watching Tiger right now. That kid can flat play!

Maybe I'm kind of pathetic, but did anyone else get a little bit excited when they saw this headline? Love him or hate him, you got to respect his game.

Great point Adam. I have to admit, I got a quick shot of excitement and I've been pretty vocal about the Tiger issue. I can't talk for anyone else, but like him or not/ cheer for him or not, I'll still get excited to watch his return. Human nature? No I wouldn't call that pathetic!

it'll be interesting to see what company will be on his staff bag when he does come back.

So when someone is told you are like the Tiger Woods of *whatever* do you take it as a compliment or an insult? :) Watching NASCAR over the weekend someone made a statement similar to that to Jimmy Johnson and you could see the look on his face when he had to respond which was priceless.

Good, I cant wait to see him back

Here's an example of why people (including me) despise "journalists".

In the article quoted in this thread, the Associated Press tells us that Tiger is out of rehab and back to practicing.

Fine.

But do they really need to write a paragraph such as this?:

"Woods returned to his home near Orlando on Saturday and has been hitting balls on the range at Isleworth, not far from where he ran his SUV into a tree in a middle-of-the-night accident on Nov. 27 that set off revelations of his extramarital affairs."

Couldn't they just write that "he's been hitting balls at the range at Isleworth" and leave it at that? Was it absolutely necessary to point out the range's proximity to the tree and the rest of the sensational B.S.? :confused2:

And from AP, no less.

That said, I can't wait for Tiger to come back because watching golf without him feels like I'm watching pre-season football.

-JP

In the article quoted in this thread, the Associated Press tells us that Tiger is out of rehab and back to practicing.

Fine.

"Woods returned to his home near Orlando on Saturday and has been hitting balls on the range at Isleworth, not far from where he ran his SUV into a tree in a middle-of-the-night accident on Nov. 27 that set off revelations of his extramarital affairs."

Couldn't they just write that "he's been hitting balls at the range at Isleworth" and leave it at that? Was it absolutely necessary to point out the range's proximity to the tree and the rest of the sensational B.S.? :confused2:

And from AP, no less.

That said, I can't wait for Tiger to come back because watching golf without him feels like I'm watching pre-season football.

-JP

I always wonder if they right these articles for really stupid people who have been living under a rock for a few years. I could see them using the accident scenario if they were trying to seperate which of his house's he is hitting balls near, but they dont mention the house in that quote.

EDIT* And by stupid people I meant me. I used the word right instead of write.

Last edited:
I think that golf needs him back. He will bring more of the casual viewer to the broadcasts. There will odviously be backlash for awhile but even that will prob. increase the ratings of t-ments.

I agree with you, as there was no reason to bring that part of the guy's life back up. However, this is how today's journalists operate. It seems to them the actual game of golf is boring. How much can you write about bogies, pars, birdies with an occasional eagle thrown in. Everything else in golf other than the players private lives is old news. Players private lives are more entertaining to them than their actual golf game, and is pretty much the only thing that changes. in this game. Now the interesting part to me is someone is doing surveys, and such that is supposed to identify what the general public wants hear/read about. In this particular case the journalist is assuming (maybe correctly) everyone wants to know everything about Tiger, and his continuing saga.

Fine.

And from AP, no less.

-JP

I don't miss him. I found his on course behavior childish and his demeanor boorish. When he does come back I hope that will have changed.

I don't expect Nike will run their Sunshine and Lollipops ad again, but I kind of wish they would... .

I don't miss him. I found his on course behavior childish and his demeanor boorish. When he does come back I hope that will have changed.

Do you watch golf? Because I really dont see how anyone can find golf without him more exciting with out him. When he isnt in the field it isnt even close to exciting. Of course you get the occasional showdown between guys but there is absolutely nothing like a showdown when tiger is involved.

His behavior is terrible i agree, but it has nothing to do with the excitement of the game

Do you watch golf? Because I really dont see how anyone can find golf without him more exciting with out him. When he isnt in the field it isnt even close to exciting. Of course you get the occasional showdown between guys but there is absolutely nothing like a showdown when tiger is involved.

His behavior is terrible i agree, but it has nothing to do with the excitement of the game
I watch golf a lot and find it just as interesting, if not more so, with himself not present.

Tiger back to work

Tiger back to work

The Golf Channel reported tonight that Charles Howell
spent an hour on the range at Isleworth today
with Tiger. Charles said he looked fit, was doing
okay under the circumstances, and was hitting
the ball as good as ever. He also said he didn't bring
up Tigers eventual return plans and had no idea as
to when that might be.

They also reported that Elin was with him if I heard it correctly.

I watch golf a lot and find it just as interesting, if not more so, with himself not present.

These last few tourney's have been great to watch.A few close to the lead with somebody having to step up and win it.Awesome viewing if you ask me

The phoenix open and bob hope come to mind

I agree with this 100%. If you really love golf you will watch and be excited for the game not the people involved. I am excited about the great young stars who are about to blossum. I love to watch the LPGA on TV and being a senior, of course I love watching the Senior Tour on TV. I know some of you find this odd, but I would actually get bored when Tiger was killing the competition and that's when my TV was turned off. Not to mention me.

I wouldn't bet on it.

His "behavior" is part and parcel of who he is as a golfer and as a person and to a large extent, it makes him the player he is. Frankly, his "behavior" is the thing I like most about him. Granted, it's gotten a bit "over the top" of late and he could tone down the histrionics a bit, but I'd still rather see that drive and focus than to see him turn into yet another boring "Mister Rogers" like everyone else on the tour.

-JP

Interesting maybe, but nowhere near as compelling.

Watching golf sans Tiger still feels like watching the "practice squad".

I want the "first team" back out there!

-JP

Why was his press conference so urgent? He was so unsure of his return only to be getting ready two weeks later. Makes me go Humm

Back