Tiger vs Phil on PPV

Yes but only because about 10 guys on the block will “share” the cost as we do for MMA fights from time to time. I hope it will go to a charity though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard pass on this as a PPV event. I have a feeling this is going to end up blowing up in peoples faces as a PPV event.

Hahahahaha...no.

I find this very disappointing. An opportunity to help grow the game and they blow it. No I wont pay for it.

Do you think turning it into a spectacle does that anyway? I kind of think it could if done right.

No chance.

I'll be traveling, so the answer is no.

But......if I was going to be home, and if they were going to be mic'd up, then yes, I'd absolutely order it. I don't care that they're past their primes. I don't care that it's the rich getting richer. I think it'd be entertaining to see......and hear!.....what actually goes on when those two are playing head to head, as opposed to the sanitized version on CBS/NBC.

Yeah I’m fine paying the $50 or whatever if I can’t find a bar that has it. I’m a big fan of both guys and it’s better than paying for some boxing or ufc fight that lasts 3 minutes.

Notta chance! Never would I use PPV for golf ... I don't care who is playing. Let alone helping Phil support his gambling habit & Tiger ... well let's just say he is in Vegas & there are a lot of fine gentlemen clubs he could find the next Ex Mrs Woods. HA! :act-up:

I won't likely buy it but I'll go to a bar that's playing it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

It's doubtful that I'd pay for that by myself, but I like to play golf on Black Friday (if the weather cooperates) so a morning round/shotgun start and viewing party would be good.

Right now I’m working on actually being there.

Wubears THP live stream!

PPV event means watch at a bar if watched at all.

Does make me think though that these two will be mic’ed up, and there may be some profanity

I will be ordering this event.

PPV event means watch at a bar if watched at all.

Does make me think though that these two will be mic’ed up, and there may be some profanity

Plus if you are at a bar in your county, there is always a chance you can be on Live PD.

What's kind of insulting to me about this is (1) it's Pay Per View (2) you know what used to be played on the weekend of Thanksgiving that a lot of people used to look forward to .... The Skins Game. Nicklaus, Palmer, Trevino, Couples ... all used to play that weekend when the PGA Tour used to end. Before we had this wrap around season.
Pay Per View .... seriously? Are we going to start to have to pay to see the Masters & the US Open? I think not. Who's bright a** idea was this anyway??

What's kind of insulting to me about this is (1) it's Pay Per View (2) you know what used to be played on the weekend of Thanksgiving that a lot of people used to look forward to .... The Skins Game. Nicklaus, Palmer, Trevino, Couples ... all used to play that weekend when the PGA Tour used to end. Before we had this wrap around season.
Pay Per View .... seriously? Are we going to start to have to pay to see the Masters & the US Open? I think not. Who's bright a** idea was this anyway??
The skins game was awesome, I wish that would make a come back.

Not a chance. But people will which is nuts to me.

No way. Its great they're putting up their own money, but I'm not putting up mine to watch it.

Absolutely. Sign me up.

I’ve never bought anything on PPV, and I’m not going to start now.

I just read you can watch it on bleacher report live.

Nope.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Do you think turning it into a spectacle does that anyway? I kind of think it could if done right.

I think the PPV decision is incredibly tone-deaf. Golf already fights the image of being an elitist sport. Now you have the biggest 2 players of the last 20 years playing a head to head match, which is a great chance to get more eyes on the game of golf, and you are going to make people pay to watch it? Terrible decision. Let Callaway or Taylormade or Nike etc help sponsor it, and pump in a ton of commercials before you make people pay for it.

nope, I will read about it on the internet later.....

Back