Tiger vs Rory, what's the bigger signing?

Wake

Reaction score
Handicap
Tiger has signed with TaylorMade, as expected. Rory is still unsigned as far as we know, but has said he is playing Callaway for the year.

Who is the bigger draw? If you were a major OEM who would you rather have on staff, Tiger or Rory?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's tiger by a mile. Rory is obviously more relevant in golf on the course in the past several years, but I'd venture to say a huge number of people worldwide recognize tiger and not Rory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now based on what he's done for the game and how he still is a massive following it's Tiger.

I get the feeling Rory doesn't want the responsibility to grow the game the way Tiger did. Granted Tiger was more of an organic growth/following based on a bunch of things, but get the sense Rory has a different perspective

Tiger just signed a full bag deal with Taylormade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger without question. Rory has the goods to change that but I just don't think he will ever get his mind right to dominate the way tiger did

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tiger hands down, at least for now.

Tiger's signing. No doubt has the biggest impact in golf. Period

Tiger is the most iconic figure we have attached to this game right now. It's not close either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I would say Tiger. Through it all, he's still polarizing and draws attention like no other.

Tiger and it's not even close. The most iconic figure of this generation.

another vote for tiger

Tiger bigger draw and the announcement was bigger, he sent me an email, because we're buds.

Tiger and it's not even close. I don't think Rory moves the needle much.

Easily Tiger's signing is a bigger deal. Tiger's impact on the game is unquestionable and I think this signing will catch the attention of even the casual fan.

Short term definitely Tiger. Long term due to ages, Rory will have more staying power if he gets his mind back in the game.

Short term, multi-year deal then Tiger for sure as he's still relevant and moves the needle with casual golfers.

Long term deal then I'd go with Rory as I think he's the next great one in the game.

If Rory regains form and wins two Majors this year, does that impact any opinions?

Tiger has signed with TaylorMade, as expected. Rory is still unsigned as far as we know, but has said he is playing Callaway for the year.

Who is the bigger draw? If you were a major OEM who would you rather have on staff, Tiger or Rory?

Tiger's signing is bigger for as the TV guys like to say, "He IS the needle" for golf.

I still don't think anyone moves the needle like Tiger! If you add his potential comeback then I think it's a no brainer!

Here's a random thought...Rory was seen playing a TM driver before eventually switching to Callaway and was killing it btw. Any chance this signing is a reason he switched?

Tiger 100%

Has Rory signed a deal yet? Is he not still just testing?

Tiger is the biggest name in golf and it's not close.
Rory could be that guy but he just isnt right now.

Back