Tiger Woods, 2020 US Open, make or miss cut?

Will Tiger make or miss the cut at the US Open?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he's not cooked yet, on the grill but not quite done yet.

The fat lady is warming up those vocal chords
for sure, hoping for a few good putts to keep him alive. But like the rest of us, 1st you have to get on the green...

He's on the hot seat for sure. +8 with the front 9 to go. +8 probably won't make the cut, but on the up side, I think the front 9 is the easier half. If he can shave it to +6, he might be in...

Whelp.....

Tiger shoots 77 (+7) today and misses the cut (+6) by 4 after finishing 2 rounds at +10.

My whole weekend is ruined now....have to watch the Putz with the stupid hat all weekend or not watch at all.

My whole weekend is ruined now....have to watch the Putz with the stupid hat all weekend or not watch at all.
I’m ecstatic that I don’t have to watch endless coverage of Tiger all weekend while he’s 15 strokes off the lead and completely irrelevant.

Apparently it takes more than a new putter grip for Tiger to find US Open form. :rolleyes: Driver. He was close, but close was still in the rough. Chunking out of the thick was a recipe for bogey soufflé and an early exit.

I'm gonna say "miss".

Can I change my response to this?!?!? :p

Let's all just pray that Reed doesn't win. I could stand to see anyone else in the field take it... even Adam Scott. Just don't let Reed get it.

I’m ecstatic that I don’t have to watch endless coverage of Tiger all weekend while he’s 15 strokes off the lead and completely irrelevant.
This times eleventy bazillion. I get it - he moves the needle. But it's just wearisome... "Tiger is 87 strokes behind the leaders and their incredible epic duel but we're going to show him tying his shoes in the parking lot instead."

What tells it all for me is that Tiger took four to get down from below the 18th green, on Thursday and again on Friday, but Bryson got up and down on Sunday from the same place.

But of course, Tiger will be a favorite to win the Masters.

It has to be extremely difficult to play such a limited schedule and then to show up and play at such a demanding track as Winged Foot. And he really didn't contend in his FED EX Cup playoff starts.

Augusta, on the other hand, is a different story. He obviously knows the course and has had considerable success there with his multiple victories. And driving the ball with accuracy is not as paramount at Augusta. I don't know what his schedule is leading up to the Masters in November, but I would think he needs some tournament reps beforehand in preparation.

This is going to be a different course than when played in the early spring. Do any of the Pro's have experience at Augusta in the fall?

Back