Tiger Woods and Foley

Not really sure if it matters but canes' initial post with your quote was from Abu Dhabi when TW lost to Robert Rock....nothing to do with Phil initially.

Well, take what I said and substitute Robert "the hair" Rock for Phil and it's the same thing. Wow, he really dug for that one.

Tiger sucks. And until he can prove it on Sunday, Thurs-Saturday mean very little.

It doesn't mean I don't like it when he's playing well and in contention though b/c who doesn't?

Well, take what I said and substitute Robert "the hair" Rock for Phil and it's the same thing. Wow, he really dug for that one.

Tiger sucks. And until he can prove it on Sunday, Thurs-Saturday mean very little.

It doesn't mean I don't like it when he's playing well and in contention though b/c who doesn't?

I gotcha...just was not sure if it was because it was Phil or just anyone. I get where you are coming from. Not like TW has been playing well and someone just beats him...he is just not doing on Sunday's what we all grew so accustomed to him doing.

I don't care for Tiger.

Kevin

I don't know man. I think all sports stars lose their dominance as time goes. If we were to say, you know the Jordan that retired from the wizards (the one who missed wide open dunks) wasn't as strong as he was during that long run he had... I'm gonna use that to say he isn't the GOAT...I don't know. Even then its a generational arguement because I didn't watch the era before he, magic, bird, robinson, wennington.. etc

I see your point but Jordan established his GOAT prior to moving onto the wizards. So him missing dunks is just showing his and diminished skills. I do see your point.

I wonder if Tiger would ever put a hybrid into his bag? Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I am curious.

I wonder if Tiger would ever put a hybrid into his bag? Not sure what that has to do with anything, but I am curious.

He has the VRS 3i in the bag, I think the next step will be a hybrid

hahaha, you're such a sore loser. Seriously. So I can't be a fan of Tiger's b/c I enjoyed watching someone step up, take the spot light from him, and win a tournament? B/c that's precisely what Phil did. He played awesome golf. I enjoyed watching him make shots and drain clutch putts. I figured as a fan or golf you would enjoy that? But alas, you were hoping for a Mickelson melt down, so how do we differ?

Did you enjoy watching Duke hit that 3 at the buzzer to beat UNC? No you didn't because you're a UNC fan. It's just my opinion but you can't be a Tiger fan and enjoy losing to Robert Rock.

Not a Phil hater. Go see my post after his win @ Pebble. Couldn't be happier for the guy and hope he repeats this weekend.

- Tappin' that ice cold keg!!!

Soooo. I think Foleys swing is super

I agree with some on this thread and think the putter is his main problem at this point. He really misses a lot of short putts, especially on Sundays.

There was a clip on the range of him and Mahan working on it. Foley actually hit a nice shot in the clip.

Without being a student, I don't really see stack n tilt working from the fringe.

This is an excellent question. Does her actually teach short game? I know chunkyi20lover says that in jest but really does he? His students seem to struggle with it.

It kinda made me wonder if Tiger just planned to use his own short game. Granted he said they all should be of the same base (I remember reading this somewhere) but I would think if one thing Tiger should've never changed was his wedge and putter (prior to both reaking of not so good).

I don't know. You'd have to ask Phil.

I'm not sure if Phil works with Butch on short game. I thought Phil goes to Pelz?

Didnt I hear that Phil had worked with Stockton at one point this year?

I'm not sure if Phil works with Butch on short game. I thought Phil goes to Pelz?

Didnt I hear that Phil had worked with Stockton at one point this year?

Who knows, that's why I said ask Phil. But I think people were missing the point. Foley's method from what I understood encompassed that too. If I'm wrong then shame on me. I just don't care for Foley. Or his speak.

Last edited:
I did some roids this morning, expect my posting to be much better this afternoon and more aggressive.

Who knows, that's why I said ask Phil. But I think people were missing the point. From what I understand Foley's method from what I understood encompassed that too. If I'm wrong then shame on me. I just don't care for Foley. Or his speak.

I know GolferGal does not either, but that is from her own personal interactions with him daily at the gym. I have only been around him 7-8 times at the events so I dont really have an opinion on the man himself.

I know GolferGal does not either, but that is from her own personal interactions with him daily at the gym. I have only been around him 7-8 times at the events so I dont really have an opinion on the man himself.

Haha, yeah I remember her telling me about them. I think what gets me are his interviews. Should probably phrase this better, I get the same feeling from his interviews that I get from dustin johnson when I followed him on the course. If that makes sense.

Back