Tiger Woods and Foley

Who knows, that's why I said ask Phil. But I think people were missing the point. Foley's method from what I understood encompassed that too. If I'm wrong then shame on me. I just don't care for Foley. Or his speak.

I dont really know the guy either but he just has a little bit of that..."air" of prickness to him. Maybe he's a good dude but he gives off vibes that I dont like.

Without being a student, I don't really see stack n tilt working from the fringe.

It works from everywhere. You actually practice S&T by hitting short game shots, then work your way up to full shots. What Foley teaches is different enough from S&T not to be equated to it though.

I'm not sure if Phil works with Butch on short game. I thought Phil goes to Pelz?

Didnt I hear that Phil had worked with Stockton at one point this year?

The last interview I recall him talking about this he said:

full swing= Butch Harmon
short game= Pelz
putting= Stockton

He never worked on his putting stroke with Pelz because they have differing philosophies. Phil believes in the arc (watch his DVD to hear how much so!!) and of course Pelz pioneered SBST.

I dont really know the guy either but he just has a little bit of that..."air" of prickness to him. Maybe he's a good dude but he gives off vibes that I dont like.

I wonder if its one of those deals where you have lunch with the Folster and all of sudden you realize you were wrong? I don't know maybe.

I wonder if its one of those deals where you have lunch with the Folster and all of sudden you realize you were wrong? I don't know maybe.

I'll stay strong even over lunch.. but take me to the "club" and Im a super fan.

Foley is a little bit of a weird dude from what I can tell. But so is Tiger, in a similar sense. I don't have a problem with Tiger's progress this season so far. Yea he botched at Pebble but the dude was 4 back anyway, even if he played lights out he wasn't gonna catch Phil that day. Even Michael Jordan missed game winning shots and had bad nights.

Tiger sucks. And until he can prove it on Sunday, Thurs-Saturday mean very little.

Cmon TC. How can you say he sucks? He's in contention against the best in the world! Its not like everyone is a scrub and if Tiger doesn't win he's a chop. The PGA tour is sooooooo deep and everyone is silky smooth draining putts everywhere. IT AINT EASY MANG! lol

Cmon TC. How can you say he sucks? He's in contention against the best in the world! Its not like everyone is a scrub and if Tiger doesn't win he's a chop. The PGA tour is sooooooo deep and everyone is silky smooth draining putts everywhere. IT AINT EASY MANG! lol

From what we know of Tiger, it sounds like he has the Ricky Bobby philosophy - "If you ain't first, you're last." He's not happy with just being in a top ten.

He doesn't suck. I was being a Tiger hater, like everyone wants me to be. He ain't the same Tiger on Sunday's though, that's for sure. That's all I said. Get rid of the Victory Red. Maybe in 2013 Nike can introduce the "TOP 10 Red" line of clubs, eh?

I'm not sure what to think of Tiger. He can't drive the ball consistently, his short game isn't near what it was and his putting is off and on. But he has won three times this year and he finished 3rd with -3 at the Open. Is the rest of the field that bad or is he that good to play at maybe 2/3's speed and do well......

I'm not sure what to think of Tiger. He can't drive the ball consistently, his short game isn't near what it was and his putting is off and on. But he has won three times this year and he finished 3rd with -3 at the Open. Is the rest of the field that bad or is he that good to play at maybe 2/3's speed and do well......

49th in average distance, 29th in accuracy off the tee, 3rd in total driving.

Think he is still that good, even when he doesn't have his complete game.

It's a process! Ok, I'm sick of hearing that. BUT...

After getting semi-comfortable with a new swing, there is learning how to compete again, then learning how to win again, and then learning how to win majors again. Maybe he's on that last phase. The chipping and bunker play has improved a bit. And as for the majors...Masters: 1 good round (from what I remember). US Open: 2 good rounds. British Open: 3 good rounds (or at least 2 good rounds and a not-so-bad round). I don't think the PGA sets up well for him this year from what I've heard about the course, but I do think he'll get back to winning majors. Fix the putting, learn how to make adjustments to "the gameplan" mid-tourney, and stop working with Foley (or any coach) for 5 hours after having a great ball-striking round.

Or he is just washed up and will never win again. That's another possibility, I guess...:)

He still looks good in the red and black. No doubt the guy carries himself well, game or notl. Guess I make a lousy Tiger hater, hehe.

Back