NEWS Tiger Woods and Son to Play PNC Championship

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Formerly known as the Father-Son Challenge, this two day exhibition event will kick off December 19th from the Ritz Carlton Golf Club in Orlando, FL. The event features 20 golfers with major wins competing in two man teams where they play with a member of the family.

While no fans will be present, due to COVID-19, NBC and their family of networks and streaming channels will broadcast.

Tiger Woods announced that he would be teaming up with Charlie, his 11 year old son in the event.

efjnmi6xgamvzin.jpg

Continue reading...

Definitely a feel good story. The softer side of Tiger and him playing with his son is fun. I hope that Tiger's son gets to enjoy golf if that is what he wants to do. This is comparable to MJ's children playing basketball.

I can’t imagine the pressure a son or daughter must have when they play the same sport as their parents who were not only good, but a legend in that sport.

We can talk about many families and siblings that have overcome the pressure and excelled or even had a better career (Peyton Manning), but the excitement the world has over Charlie and Lebron James Jr has to be on another stratosphere.

I know I will be tuning in just to see Charlie’s swing and what the 11 year old can do. I bet the ratings are thru the roof. They could even be better then the Masters that first round.

Cool stuff! Hopefully lots of smiles.

Awesome to see Tiger and Charlie, it would be great if live audio was available for the groups.

That's really nice to see

hoping to watch some of this event!

This is so awesome, and it’s awesome to see where tigers priorities are. Everyone wants to talk about his major record pursuit, but he’s focused on his family now. I think this shows he’s truly comfortable with what he has done in his career.

I cannot wait to see team woods and team daly going at it!!

Really happy seeing this. Should be a fun tournament to follow!

That should be fun to watch.

Father son club twirls. That could be pretty fun to see if the two start chirping at each other a bit too.

This is cool! Fun tourney to watch and this gives another reason.

John Daly team is awesome in this.

Definitely want to see this

kids got a better swing than i do...

Thats awesome, hoping ill get to watch a bit

It will be nice to see this side of Tiger. As a father enjoying playing golf with his son.

Found the next tournament that I'll be watching post Masters.

Would watch snippets of this one before. But with the Big Cat involved and the cub, definitely worth checking out.

This is awesome. Nothing better than playing a game you love with your son.

Formerly known as the Father-Son Challenge, this two day exhibition event will kick off December 19th from the Ritz Carlton Golf Club in Orlando, FL. :DThe event features 20 golfers with major wins competing in two man teams where they play with a member of the family.

Good thing it isn't with the ex-wife.

I think am as excited for this as a major! Should be a lot of fun to watch, hopefully people keep this fun and don't put too much pressure on the kids.

I will be watching that one for sure.

Sure seems like everyone is really excited about this..

Back